Unfortunately, I was very disappointed with my experience at Camping World. I apologize for the long review but, if you're buying a RV from this company you should read on:
On Monday, March 8th, I found an ad on RV Trader for a
-2007 HEARTLAND SUNDANCE 2900RKS Used Fifth Wheel-
in Draper, UT 84020 posted for $14,859.
After calling Camping World (their number was also posted in the ad), I was told "its a great deal, come take a look."...
After driving for 40+ minutes to Draper, I was told after I arrived, "Sorry, the RV had been sold, but I have another for you to look at instead."
Even though I told them my budget was $15,000, they showed me 5th-wheel after 5th-wheel way over my budget. I ended up leaving and returned the next day (another 40 min drive) with my husband to look at some other RVs, with hopes to look at some in my price range. We were helped by a different salesman this time (he was nice), and he started to show me more of what was in my price range, BUT took me back to the same 2007 Sundance that they told me was sold the day before. I told him that they told me yesterday that this 5th-wheel was already sold? This time he claimed the financing had fallen through with the other buyers. I loved the 5th-wheel so much that we just returned to the front to buy it. WRONG!! When we questioned the price he said it was $18,000 NOT the $14,859 that we seen on the web site. When I corrected him and showed the internet price that i pulled up on my mobile phone, he told me that he didn't think that was right and he would contact corporate to see if they could give it to me for that price. He came back and told me they couldn't honor that price because they didn't post the ad on RV trader and none of them had any idea who did. But what they could do is give me a discount and drop the price to $15,295... And after the dealer fees, registration, and taxes, the price would be a set $16,999. Just a dollar short of the loan I was approved for... What a coincidence!! Even though I loved the 5th-wheel so much, I felt so cheated that I left without the 5th-wheel in tow.
I ended up calling RV trader and they told me that Camping World has an account with them and they list tons of RVs daily and NOBODY else could have listed it but them... Now is it just me or does this sound like they deceivingly put awesome deals on line just to get you into their lot?
I wish I didn't have to write this review, I really try to work things out before it comes to something like this.
I still really want this 5th wheel. It truly is a perfect fit for my family, but I feel deceived and taken advantage of. I hope that we can come to an agreement and an honest transaction can take place so both parties are happy.
More Review Details
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
- Great sales representative
- Variey of campers
- Full range of products in store and online
What I disliked
- Miserable service-still
- Customer service or product warranty
- Lied to by service department
- Reason of review:
- Pricing issue
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Product or service
- 2007 Heartland Sundance 2900Rks
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "We contacted them about a ac unit for our trailer to move our dogs across USA from the east coast, I specifically said we are going to extreme temperatures in..."
- "Motor home was at Camping World Robertsdale, AL. Major damage that they did to unit was driving the unit off of the jacks. But the dealership was aware that..."
- "BOUGHT A 5TH WHEEL AT CAMPING WORLD IN ST GEORGE UT,HAD A NEW ROOF PUT ON , ALL SAID ,THEY CHEATED US AND AUTO CLUB OUT OF OVER $1000, IN..."
- "I bought three market unbrellas for $40 each last week. The first day I put them up around my pool, two of the umbrellas broke. I still have..."
- "I ordered the Sugar Maples arrangement from FlowerShopping today. The site shows Autumn Flowers in a clay pot. (Orange spray roses, yellow viking spray chrysanthemums, bronze cushion spray chrysanthemums, green..."
- "I ordered my wedding dress off of dhgate. Everyone told me i was crazy but i think people are crazy to not order from dhgate! I found exactly the dress..."
- " We arrived at the Red Roof Inn Sharonville Ohio we checked in and took showers As We Lay Down we noticed there were two roaches crawling on the wall..."
- "Ashley furniture - never again , the worse furniture and experience ever . We got today the delivery from Ashley Winnipeg of furniture which costed 5000 dollars. My family and..."
- "Purchased a huge 40 ounce Whitman's sampler today. It was around $40. We took it straight home and opened it up and over half of the pieces of chocolate were..."