1.8
Insurance Quality
Interest Rate

We were more than thrilled when we purchased our 5th Wheel. The process took about a week. There were red flags from the start. They rarely returned our calls in the beginning but they "were so busy with easter season"? What?? We finalized March 29th, 2016. We were so excited we took it to a local RV Park. Towing was good. We get to the RV Park and get it unhitched. Jacks seemed slow. Slides wouldn't budge. List of issues include: blown fuse, the compartment with hydraulic resevoir flooded and inverter for fridge ruined, leaks found (old leaks where the linoleum had peeled off), cleaning marks where you could tell they tried to hide it.

Called Roadside Assist. We were already dead to Camping World even the next day they couldn't bother to answer our calls for help. Took all day to get someone out to help us and we got the issues temporarily resolved. We scheduled an appt anyways to fix the leak and replace inverter etc. The "Service and Parts Manager" called the next day yelling and blaming my husband, I could hear him across the room and he wasn't eveb on speaker.

He claimed my husband over filled the resevoir causing it to flood the inverter with 2.4 quarts of hydraulic fluid. We didn't even know how to refill the resevoir in the first place!!! He insisted we did it and kept blaming us then switching to blaming the mechanic his company (Good Sam) sent to us (Travis from Down Time Mobile Mechanic).

Then the emails started. I can print them off for anyone wanting proof that they have no customer service. They denied the warranty repair, they denied fixing anything until we signed an invoice saying we would pay for all of it including the damage. I get the invoice part, but we didn't cause the damage and it is under warranty! The $5,000 warranty we paid for!! Amanda Douglass refused to let us speak to her manager or any other supervisor. She ignored the three times in writing I asked to deal with someone higher up, and still hasn't even acknowledged their failure in any of this.

We will warn everyone we know and saved everything we could to prove it. Next stop is the attorney general. In Missouri Consumer Complaints like this go to the AG. According to them all complaints were actually resolved. During this we contacted Forrest River, Lippert Systems, Marcus Lionel (CEO of Camping World and Good Sam), Consumer Complaint board for Camping World, all we have been offered, all be It from Amanda Douglass (the service writer) was half price for diagnostics. The diagnostics that told us what we already knew! HA, wow.

We were so excited and happy at first. It turned sour so fast it was unreal. All we wanted was the leak fixed, the system working, the leak damage fixed, and the inverter replaced, it was 1 week old and purchased for $60k brand new after all. They even wanted to charge us almost $900 for a new 1000 watt inverter. We did some price matching and found it for $250.

I was really hoping they were better than all of this.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. This person stated that there is a room for improvement of lack of responsibility and services. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss warranty issue of good sam club rv warranty and associated monetary loss in the amount of $1000. Camping World needs to have the product delivered according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned good sam club rv warranty in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Camping World.

Had an Experience with Camping World?

Comments

was thinking of buying a motor home but after reading the horror stories I hope I have come to my senses