I am writing to you to express our concerns and frustrations with our recent purchase in Avondale AZ. We purchased in good faith a 2007 3000RK Montana Fifth Wheel, On Friday July 6, 2012. We were assured that the RV had been thoroughly cleaned, Flushed, and all repairs made, and was ready to go. That if any issues were to arise, they would be addressed quickly, that CampingWorld wanted us to be satisfied customers.

We drove from California to Arizona and purchased our RV. Upon our return home we began our own cleaning and here are the issues we found:

the RV was full of water, the gray and black hadn't been dumped, nor had the RV been flushed

the water heater had never been flushed

Missing the DVD Player

Missing Lug Nut front drivers side axle

Broken drawer - large one below fridge

propane tanks not filled

wall paper coming up over stove

molding not attached - kitchen and by stairs

missing flash light

bulb out in toilet area

loose screws on all the cabinets

The RV had been wiped down and vacuumed - not cleaned

We called Avondale on Saturday July 7, 2012 to advise of the issues, followed by an email. The manager stated "He has done as much as he can and that we had done our walk through". Making me feel as though the issues were our fault because we didn't notice them on the walk through. It wasn't a walk through as to look for issues, it was a walk through to show us how certain things worked. The Technician stated that "he hadn't noticed a DVD player when he serviced it", again making us feel like it was our problem. Another service technician had a DVD player, surround sound box was sent to our home and stated to call our closest Camping World to have the DVD installed. Service was scheduled August 2 at the San Bernardino Camping World and the service guy there told my husband that he was only to install the DVD player not the contents of the box that had been sent to our home. That is all Avondale was willing to pay for. We could have it all installed at our own cost. The RV took about 1 and half hours to be serviced. Upon returning to get the RV, my husband was informed that the DVD player is hooked up to the TV in the living room, however according to the service guy, the TV in the bedroom will not work as it stands because there should have been a converter box, a receiver, and a satellite dish, some of which had been hooked up in the bedroom closet and had been removed at some point.

We are very disappointed and frustrated. Not only was the RV not ready, repaired and thoroughly cleaned, propane topped off, system flushed etc. prior to our purchase and it was sold to us as though it had been. All things in the RV were supposed to be working and were not. We received reimbursement for the propane, as of yesterday but that seems a small price to pay considering all of the other issues.

We have only had the RV for a month and have not been able to use and enjoy the RV because we have been so busy trying to repair, clean, top off, and get all items working and functioning.

We had to pay to dump the RV, have the carpets cleaned etc. Considering the cost of the RV and now all the additional cost and frustration, taxing our time, the extra cost of fuel cost to haul the RV from Avondale, AZ to CA full of water and dump tanks and now to take it to have the DVD installed, which was 25.33 miles one way.

We feel that as soon as the paperwork was signed, we as customers have been ignored. We are not trying to get something for nothing, we are just trying to get what we were promised prior to the purchase.

I contacted the big manager and was sent an email stating that I would be contact on Thursday or Friday, its now Monday and nothing has happened.

We would like to feel valued as a CampingWorld customer, we would like to have all of these issued addressed and resolved in a manner that makes me proud to tell my friends, family and neighbors that we purchased our RV at CampingWorld and that they treat us great.

Customer Service - From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Customer service is the provision of service to customers before, during and after a purchase. According to Turban et al. (2002),[1] "Customer service is a series of activities designed to enhance the level of customer satisfaction – that is, the feeling that a product or service has met the customer expectation."

Its importance varies by products, industry and customer; defective or broken merchandise can be exchanged, often only with a receipt and within a specified time frame. Retail stores often have a desk or counter devoted to dealing with returns, exchanges and complaints, or will perform related functions at the point of sale; the perceived success of such interactions being dependent on employees "who can adjust themselves to the personality of the guest,"[2] according to Micah Solomon From the point of view of an overall sales process engineering effort, customer service plays an important role in an organization's ability to generate income and revenue.[3] From that perspective, customer service should be included as part of an overall approach to systematic improvement. A customer service experience can change the entire perception a customer has of the organization.

Some have argued[4] that the quality and level of customer service has decreased in recent years, and that this can be attributed to a lack of support or understanding at the executive and middle management levels of a corporation and/or a customer service policy.

If only CampingWorld would address my concerns and pay attention to what customer service is to the customers.

Review about: Camping World Cleaning Service.

Monetary Loss: $2000.

Had an Experience with Camping World?

Comments

Typical Camping World.....High prices and lousy service....Can't understand why they are still in business......

New Hartford, New York, United States #959828

All of you people who have a problem with Camping World, contact Marcas Lemonis.

to Slim Williams, Arizona, United States #1217043

How do you contact marcasite lemonis? Who is he?

Phoenix, Arizona, United States #949757

Has anyone out their bought a new Travel Trailer at Camp world in Avondale recently. I'm thinking of buying one their. Tell me if the customer service before and after was the sale was adequate

Blythe, California, United States #845915

We lived in Blythe, saw the coach in a show in Quartzite and bought it.Repairs were in Avondale they said.

Their people cannot fix anything. Our coach has bad wiring. It was there three times for the same things and today 7/25/14 we still have outlets that don't work, an electric awning that is zipped tied awaiting a motor I might have to pay cash for... (right now we are far from large cities).

Every time you call them, the guy who helped last time, is gone. The managers stick up for incompetence. Three times for the same electrical issues, they tell you its fixed then you take a trip and gee, all the same *** is broken! We have a 2011 Thor Challenger 37K.

We love it. We would love it more if we could take a trip and it would work!!

By the way, they had our RV for 11 months out of 24.They didn't fix it then and still haven't for a total of having our coach for 15 month out of the three and half years we owned it.

crosendaul
Buckeye, Arizona, United States #801403

I too know how much they lie ,and have no one there that cares about the customer. I hope they all lose their jobs there.

Phoenix, Arizona, United States #698099

Mr. Stromberg...I totally with you here, this Camping World in Avondale is a really joke.

My toyhauler sat at this dealership for almost a month before any parts were ordered. I was promised many times that is would be fixed "this week" more than 2 month later it still was not fixed and I was promised by some clown by the last name of Johnston who claimed to be the GM that he would get to the bottom of it and call me back and the call never did come.

I got tired of waiting and asked to talk to his boss and was given the name of Kevin Wise and I left many messages and he never called either...I would never recommend this camping world to anyone.

Phoenix, Arizona, United States #694501

Camping World of Avondale has the worse customer service ever, the tech are told to steal used part from other used rvs to keep cost down.

crosendaul
to ***edofg2 Buckeye, Arizona, United States #801404

I couldn't agree with you more. They are by far the worst bunch of dumb *** I have ever had the displeasure of dealing with.