We used Camping World for a mass of work on our newly purchased RV, our experience left us with an EXCEPTIONALLY bad taste, here is a précis of what happened: Having booked it in we left a written list, we also backed this up with emails confirming various matters so all was clear, what transpired was a joke.They charged for lots of work that was not done and when challenged they asked for proof & pictures, and despite the fact that within minutes of asking for it it was sent to them, they then refused to comment and asked for time to respond, they never did, except to say they would not be making any allowances at all, but that was after 5 months.

When they called to say the unit was ready for collection as our driver was there to pick it up and despite the fact that we had told them we would need the information in advance to arrange payment, the call came in just before the store was due to close, they asked for payment, the trouble was they had no idea what the cost was!! We called them back after half an hour, they still did not know, they actually expected us to give them our credit card details and leave them to it!! After another half an hour we called again and they had a list of the work, it came to over $15,000.00. On checking through the list many items had been duplicated and after many arguments so they could go home and we could get our RV back they settled at a figure of $13,000.00+.

The problem was that when we got our RV back it was a mess, apart from the obvious signs that they had not serviced the boilers as they were covered in soot and the screws were seized to get the covers off when we checked, they had installed a brand new fridge, this had been put in without any care and sliced through the main wiring loom from main support feet on the base of the fridge. Camping World caused a host of damage and charged for work not done, but despite sending them proof and offering them to appoint an independent inspection they totally ignored all of it. We referred all of this to their HQ in Bowling Green via a lady called Jean Sewell who is in charge of customer relations. At no time have we received any compensation from Camping World nor have we received an explanation for the delays of over 5 months, they did keep saying sorry, but sorry without any further action is worthless.

In the end we have had to take this to our credit card company Bank of America to try and get some of our losses back. Our experience with Camping World is less than favourable and we are seeking our losses back which are in excess of $8,000.00 from the credit card company as Camping World just refuse to deal with it. Would I go back to them ever again, the answer is a definite NO, use them to buy parts perhaps but certainly not for work as there is no use relying on them to put matters right when you have a legitimate complaint with overwhelming proof in your favour. Over 5 months is far too long to leave a customer hanging on whilst they wait for you to get your act together, and then to admit nothing and offer nothing sums up their customer care.

If Camping World do not like what we have written, then sue me, we have all the proof we need in a Court of law. If you do use Camping World, be vigilant and check every little job they do with great care. As a final point, the work they did was not checked afterwards as if they had they would have noticed that as soon as you switched the main battery on it all shorted out where it had cut through the wiring loom, therefore nothing worked!!

Other things like telling us the generator needed work when it would not start was down to the fact that the RV had less than a quarter of a tank of fuel, so it would never start, something an *** would know, but they still charged us an hours labour for that and I told them in the end why it would not start before that they wanted to strip the Gen set!!If you want to see pictures and see the emails, more than happy to supply them.

Had an Experience with Camping World?

Comments

I would really like to beable to get my hands on the proof you have if you dont mind?I am in the middle of being 3 months of screwed up with camper world and my insurance company.

it was someone's fault now i have damages that i have to fight someone for to pay.....

please get in touch with me.my e-mail is fairytale_girl_17@yahoo.com

Just an update on the problem with this store at Camping World.After intervention by the regional Director Frank Crum we resolved the situation, I have to say that Frank Crum was a totally different story than all the others I had dealt with, I think he was genuinely sorry and took steps to correct the matter and I am sure to ensure that the staff at the store in question got what they deserved.

I am now satisfied that with Franks help we have solved it all finally, perhaps others of you should contact Mr Crum, we got there in the end, I can only hope you do as well.Should not have happened, but at least it is now sorted, good luck to you all.

Camping World is a joke and any retard should have no problem getting a job there...

Dear User, you are defending poor customer service. Yes, the customer IS THAT IMPORTANT - treating them as less than that will cause them not to use you in the future & word will get around that you are not a good company to do business with. It seems that the people who think they can treat others poorly are the same ones sit around and wonder why the world treats them so unfair.

I too have had the same bad experiences with Camping World and their so called Service Dept. Trust Me, you could hire a couple high school kids with no experience, Blind, deaf, and only 1 hand and you would be better off than using camping world....STAY AWAY....and save yourself hundreds if not thousands of Dollars and a whole lot of Headaches. BAD Company.

So if you say jump, is Camping World suppose to say how high?Did you ever think Camping World deals with tons of people every day and 300 phone calls a day?

Sometimes the service rep may have a customer standing in front of them, and lemme guess they should ignore that customer and answer your phone call because you are that important!!Maybe you should stop pointing with your finger and start pointing with your thumb!!!

#203261

Responded to there add to sell my RV.I took the time to fill out the form and sent it in.

Never a reply.I sent them a note telling them that they lack customer service and thanked them as I know they are a company I do not want any further dealings with.

#190398

I have to agree with you on CW's bad service and customer care.We purchased our first TT from them and were very disappointed.

We have contacted Jean Sewell also but all we have are I'm sorry's but no compensation.

They are ignoring us.They don't care about the customer at all