I went in to see if I could work a deal trading in my 2004 Class A for a new 5th wheel. My motorhome was back at my residence which is about 200 miles away. I was planning on storing the new 5th wheel in the town where CW is located.

I gave them an honest description of the condition of my trade. I didn't want to drive it all the way down there just to be turned away. They said they still needed to do a check on my trade in unit, but baring any major problems everything should be good. They had allowed me the amount equal to the NADA book for trade in. Since everything seemed in order with the deal I agreed to the numbers and signed the deal.

I followed through with my everything on my end and drove the motorhome down there 2 weeks later to "finish everything up". After about an hour the Salesman comes back and says there were a lot of issues with my trade basically going down the list of everything I had disclosed and described to them two weeks earlier. He said they also needed to keep the unit into the week to have a mechanic look over the transmission. I had to be back at home the next day since I worked during the week. They also wanted to put an additional $5000 into the deal to cover the issues I had told them about before.

Since I had an problem with both issues I asked for the keys to my motorhome and requested a refund of my deposit. For my trouble, they did give me a $250 gift card, but I wasted half that in fuel plus my time and trouble.

I will monitor my account and post again if my deposit isn't refunded. My advise to everyone is not to trust CW and always be prepared to walk away.

Product or Service Mentioned: Camping World Trade-in.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Mar 26.

Comments