3.8
Insurance Quality
Interest Rate

I made a purchase 2 weeks ago of a new 5th wheel from Camping World of Wood Village, Oregon.At purchase, it was agreed that they would install a 5th wheel sliding hitch on my 2017 Ford PU.

I drove an hour (2 hours round trip) to be there to get the hitch installed and after 4 hours, the service dept. advised that they had the wrong part and had to order a new one. I was also advised that they could not find the keys to the new 5th wheel that I had purchased. Went back the next week after they stated that the part would be there.

After arriving at 8 AM, was advised that it was on the UPS truck and would arrive between 10 and noon. The truck arrived at noon and at 2 pm, they again advised me that they had the wrong part. I left and arrived several days later at 9 am after being told that the part did arrive At noon, they advised that again they had the wrong part and that they found out that since my Ford was a new model with an aluminum bed, that the necessary part had yet to be produced and wouldn't be produced until mid Dec. It would be until January before they would be able to receive and install it.

So after 6 total hours of driving back and forth and waiting in their waiting room for a total of 14 plus hours, no 5th wheel hitch. The general manager then talked with me and advised that they would pay a driver to deliver it to my residence storage area for me for me at no charge the following week. He also advised that they would winterize the 5th wheel. I was called Friday by the general manager again and stated that he was arranging for the delivery the following week.

Monday I had not received a call, so I called and left 2 messages for the general manager to call. No call. I called back on Tuesday ) and talked with him. He advised that he got too busy to call me back, but that he was able to arrange a driver and that driver was supposed to have called me.

By the way, I still haven't been advised if they had indeed winterized the unit and cold weather is supposed to arrive soon. I was thrilled with the purchase, but since the purchase I feel that I have been treated EXTREMELY poorly.

I have kept all my conversations on a civil level, but am extremely surprised that a company as large as Camping World has so little respect for their customers after they make a purchase that they would treat me this way.Camping World should be making all the arrangements with people for me and keeping me informed, which they have not.

deanstafford wrote the review because of poor customer service at Camping World. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Camping World to offer any options to resolve the issue.

The most disappointing in user's experience was customer service. Author liked the most salespeople. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Camping World chevy pick up for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Camping World?

Comments

deanstafford
Portland, Oregon, United States #1266185

It is January 5, 2017 and Camping World still doesn't have the part.Called yesterday and they advised that Reese is now producing the part and I should be getting it around 1-11-17.

WOW, 2 months after I bought the 5th wheel.

Will be waiting to see if the part comes in as stated.Still no apology from Camping World's general manager, he evidently is too busy to get in touch with me.