2.5
Insurance Quality

Camping World is a new low and is the worst ran business I have ever seen. Dishonest, manipulating, lazy, anything but concerned about the customer once the sale happens.

One bad experience since we bought our new Thor motor coach in Nashville TN a few weeks ago. Every step of the way has been amazingly bad. Just one example of several, I had valve extenders installed the week after we purchased so it would be easier to check air pressure and put in air if needed. They charged me over $200.00 which is ok but when I got it home I checked them out and found one of them wiggling like a loose tooth basically ready to just blow out of the tire.

They are metal extenders and should be solid and not moving around. I went back to Camping World the next day and talked with the service manager about it. His perspective is that he was sure his tech would never have sent it out that way so it must have come loose on my 20 mile drive home. He said that I could leave it and they would schedule to fix it which would involve breaking down the tire and tightening the nut inside the wheel and furthermore I would have to pay the full hourly rate of $130.00 per hour.

I couldn’t believe what I was hearing. I said but is that my fault it came loose in 20 miles even if it had been tight when I picked it up..doesn’t that indicate there was a problem to begin with? Oh no not in their view if it was tight when I picked it up it was on me. Bull hockey, I took it to discount tire and had it repaired.

The service technician there got a good chuckle out of what Camping World has said. He said if it had ever been tight it would not have come loose in 20 miles or 200 miles. He also said it was in a very dangerous condition and was ready to blow out as I figured. I might also mention the person we did the walk through with didn’t know dip.

Couldn’t answer one question, he said he was given an hour notice he needed to do the walk through and he had not had time to familiarize himself with that model.

Didn’t wash the unit it was filthy when I drove it off the lot. I even sent the CEO a couple emails but I don’t think he cares any more than any of the other employees.

Review about: 2018 Thor Motor Coach Freedom Elite 24He Rv.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

I didn't like: Worst ever never seen any business as bad a new low.

Comments

I forgot to mention in my post. The unit I was sold was a 2018...but after purchase I realized the coach may be a 2018 but the truck portion is a 2017. No one mentioned this when I was being sold the unit but how can it be sold as a new 2018 if part of it isn't?Hmmm