Update by user May 12, 2015

Sorry for typos.

Original review posted by user May 12, 2015

Yesterday I wanted a cord.Lowes had them cheaper, but I have a camping world card..supposed to get a discount.

First all the discount is a joke . All the prices posted at the store (I think) are with the discount already. Anyway I found the cord/connector online cheaper, called camping world and they said if I printed out the price they would honor it (and gave me a name of a person to ask for. I saw some stuff on clearance, bought it.

I was expecting a 10% dioscopunt or something. NOPE. Then I spied a roller carry bag at the front of the store that said the dimensions were 37 inches. I bought it for $20.

Got it home and it was 35 inched and my 36 inch cot will not fit. Wont zip closed. I knew the dimension of the cot. This wasnt something I needed.

Took it back today or tried too. They would not take it back. Then they agreed but ONLY offered to refund me eight dollars for the tenty dollar carry bag...and asked if that was ok. IN WHAT UNIVERSE or ON WHAT planet would giving a person eight dollars on a $20 item be ok?

If the bags were bigger I would have bought two. Now I am stuck with something I dont want....well I guess I find a use. I just wanted a bag for a tent. I resent camping world and its confusing pricing, pathetic return policy and return scam.

TRUST me If I can buy a product anywhere else I will.

I like supporting local businesses...but not when they scam you.I will be posting this all over the web.

This reviewer shared experience about not as described and wants this business to issue a full refund as the author lost $20. Foxes is overall dissatisfied with Camping World. The most disappointing about rolling bag at Camping World was ripped off for a return and return policy on closeout item Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Camping World.

Had an Experience with Camping World?

Comments

Ocala, Florida, United States #993863

Issue is NOT resolved.1) I mentioned it at Camping World on Facebook.

They said they were going to fix it right away. Asked for my contact info..and NEVER called. 2) They said they would help with the return. We were WAY past the return.

I ALREADY tried to return the item. I DROVE to the store, stood in line etc. Tried to return TWICE with TWO people. INSANITY is doing the same thing and expecting different results.

3) I started a FACEBOOK group called camping world sucks.https://www.facebook.com/groups/CWSux/

Is it possible that you used a coupon at time of purchase? Most stores will only refund the actual amount you paid after using coupon. Makes sense to me.

to Anonymous #987186

No I did not use a coupon.HECK OF A LOT MORE COMPLEX TRANSACTION THAN THAT.

#1 Local store decided NO refunds despite corporate advertising..and #2) The COMPANY decided on a predetermined return amount for credit card use. Bottome Line" Returns are Neither FREE nor EASY nor Honored for 90 days. The credit card they just sold me on offered an EXTRA 30 day return extension. The take away is: these are folks with no scruples...watch your wallet and the T&Cs (terms and conditions).

Watch for hand written posted sign that says no refunds. TRake one hour at the checkout line so you can read through your receipt caveat emptors. Add extra time. Bring a certified fraud examiner and an experienced auditor with you...Oh wait..that's me.

HONESTLY...I really dont want to do business where I have to be THAT CAREFUL. It was an impulse buy for a carrybag. CAMPING WORLD ADVERTISES A PROMISE....free and easy returns. They refused a return 24 hours later....HAD nothing to do with COUPON they refused to take THE ITEM BACK.

refused. Even though they were selling an identical item. Even though they advertise free and easy returns and they gave me a credit card the day before that they said gave you an extra 30 days to return. The entire store is full of prices they don't HONOR..unless you are a member.

It is a heck of a lot more complicated than a coupon.Have you ever shopped at Camping World?