Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Camping World in Cashiers, North Carolina - Fraudulent and deceptive advertising

On camping world's first page of slideout awnings or covers, the first 3 items have a red banner under the picture that says "FREE SHIPPING". It is NOT FREE!! I tried to order one and they were trying to charge $85 for shipping. I called customer service to try and find out why I was being charged when it said free shipping and after being told by Jerome, the rudest person I have ever talked to, I stopped trying to order the item. Jerome would not listen to what I was askin/telling him, kept talking over me and endlessly told me to "read the fine print". If you do a search on their site for slide out awnings, the first item on the page, the Dometic Deluxe Slide out awning and the next 2 items all have a Red (so you can't miss it) banner saying FREE SHIPPING. There is also a banner at the top of the page that says free shipping on orders over $49 for members and free shipping on orders over $99 for all others and a "click for details" line. But the first 3 items are labeled FREE SHIPPING, so if its labeled Free Shipping, it should be Free Shipping, not $85 because its a large item. I WILL NOT be spending any more of my money at Camping World again. free shipping Dometic Deluxe SlideTopper with Vinyl Weathershiel... $281.98 REG Regular price: STARTING AT $220.85 Solera Slider with Awning Rail free shipping Solera Slider with Awning Rail Reviewer rating of 4 stars (5 Review(s)) $329.99 REG Regular price: STARTING AT $212.94 Dometic Elite SlideTopper with Metal Weathershield free shipping Dometic Elite SlideTopper with Metal Weathershield $344.98 REG Regular price: STARTING AT $266.57 Carefree SideOut Kover III- Covered
false free shipping
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution
Featured

Camping World in Vacaville, California - Horrible RV sales experience

2.3
Camping World - Horrible RV sales experience
Camping World - Horrible RV sales experience
I purchased a new Cedar Creek 5th Wheel from the Vacaville, Ca Camping world in 2017. I spent the first six months with the unit in the shop to fix Hydraulic leaks, an improperly wired control card, inoperable cap lights and damaged King air antenna. When they fixed the hydraulic leak they removed the bottom trailer pan to gain access to the leak. The insulation was soaked with hydraulic fluid and was not replaced. The tech simply put the hydraulic soaked insulation back into the bottom of the RV. Weeks later driving 60 mph on hiway 395 the bottom trailer pan came loose and fell onto to the hiway causing substantial under belly damage. Clearly, Camping world did not perform a satisfactory pre-delivery inspection and their RV repair protocol is less than satisfactory. I wrote a letter to the President of Camping World expressing my displeasure and a list of recommended improvements that would enhance their customer service and did not receive any form of reply. It is obvious they have no intent to provide a high quality customer service response. I have also talked with many other Rv'ers on the road during our travels expressing a consistent disatisfaction with Camping Worlds RV sales group. My advice to any prospective buyers of RV's not to shop or purchase at camping world.
twopoorken

i hired an attorney on a 18 fR sunseeker 24 mbh

Review
Cons
  • Service and customer support
Preferred solution
simply over haul your rv repair and customer service division.
Featured

Camping World in Gainesville, Georgia - Deception & Lies

1.3

Update by user Nov 03, 2018

My defective RV was purchased at Oakwood, GA. Camping World

Original review posted by user Nov 02, 2018

On 9/23/18 I purchased a brand new 2018 Freedom Elite 22FE from Camping World of Oakwood, GA. I had it less than a month when I discovered massive rust on the undercarriage. It appears this RV was under about 3 ft. of water for an extended period of time. I drove the RV back to Camping World and met with the General Manager and the Service Manager. We went out to the RV so they could see first hand what my pictures were trying to tell them. They said they would contact Thor, the manufacturer to try to implement warranty work. I waited over a week to hear something...anything. So I contacted Thor myself and uploaded the pictures. The response I got back from the Service Manager at Camping World is that the warranty would not cover rust issues. Of course, when I tried to get back to the General Manager, he was on vacation for 2 weeks. Camping World was deceptive selling me this defective RV and they should swap it for a new one, or refund everything! Susan Quarmby

I am having a problem with them too.my RV has water leak issues.when I have attempted to contact the service dept.,I'm told to leave a message and someone will call back.so far,its been 6 days and nothing,I'm told they are busy and they will call back in 72 hrs.

@Anonymous

Ask for the General Manager. I just bet he will be on vacation for 2 weeks or out of the country! Susan

That vehicle may have been shipped in from a flood zone. There should be a printed record available if so.

The dealership is in the wrong for selling a defective or damaged product labeled as "new". Your efforts to correct this have come to nil because you politely tried to conduct a productive discussion with these people. You should have documented every locatable defect, placed your complaints in writing, and served the package via Certified Mail Return Receipt Requested. You are way done talking at this point.

Your letter : introduce yourself, basic info (date of purchase, price) list clearly and distinctly the problems you have experienced and the remedy which would satisfy your claim and what you have already attempted (briefly !) to rectify the situation. State that you will allow 10 business days for WRITTEN reply prior to escalation of your claim. Again - be brief, be polite, send a FEW photos of the worst of it (confine your letter to one side of the sheet).

Facts only, no emotion. Then follow through if the reply is unsatisfactory.

@Anonymous

Thank you for the input and suggestions. We traced the VIN number to a city in Indiana, that coincidentally had a major flood in February of this year.

I have hired an attorney. He wrote a letter stating by law they have 30 days to respond with positive results or they will be turned over to the Attorney General for consumer fraud.

@Anonymous

"Consumer fraud" is pretty apparent here ; I don't think I'd go straight to the Attorney General of the state since your issue is very specific and could likely be handled by the local court system. Contrary to popular opinion, the Attorney General is not your friend.

There will certainly be a thorough tax record audit of you and your spouse as far back as the law allows before they even read the content of your letter. They will also check the other 49 states' records for unpaid taxes, liens, etc. and turn you directly over to them in the event of any information (right or wrong) uncovered. All you want is recompense for your expense, not a lifelong blacklisting by the chief money collector of the state.

Their excuse for this is "the clean hands theory" that they are not going to help anyone who isn't snow white and up to date with every piddling state requirement. Beware.

Camping World and Thor are both at fault here and neither even have the decency to respond to calls. After reading any person that purchase an RV from Camping World would be considered an idiot.

Same for Thor. Take your money and then slam the door in your face.

Good luck with your lawsuit. I hope they end up paying big time

Donot go to campers world they donot care that about you as a return customer if they did they would fix their terrible service.

View more comments (6)
Review
Cons
  • Lied to and ignored by gm
  • Lied to ignored by gm
Loss
Full refund

Camping World in Minneapolis, Minnesota - Dived a bullet last minute

The trailer (Coleman 1805RB 22.9 Feet for $14,993.00) I was going to buy is now for sale again. DO NOT BUY IT. It has major Delamination issues. *Came to pick up this trailer October 20, 2018. We had our walk-thru with Steve and she shared many tips and was good but failed to mention that the bubbles on the front and back we should be concerned with. *After the walk-thru we went thru the documents as we financed through our Credit Union so we would not have any of the issues on the financing mentioned in many reviews. *We then went out to hitch up the trailer and as my husband was backing his truck up I noticed the sun hit the trailer and their were numerous air pockets under the fiberglass so I asked about them. Steve, the technician said he would get the manager and he told me to not have my husband hook up the RV. ( If we would of the RV would of been ours) The manager came out Red-faced and said didn't your salesperson Craig tell you about the Delamination of the RV? WHAT? Funny thing Craig had the day off so they could blame it on him. *Needless to say we got our Credit Union check back and our deposit. Whew! Please do not buy from them. This company and employees are very dishonest and crooked and only out to make a sale. They now have this RV for sale again and are looking for the next sucker to fall for their lies. At least it wasn't me.
Product

Camping World in Anniston, Alabama - Enough is enough

I recently bought a 2019 Coleman 295QBS, the manufacture date is June 2018 I bought in in July of 2018. I have taken 3 trips with this camper and 3 times the hot water tank has gone out. I requested it to be totally replaced because of this on going issue only to be denied. How may trips to the service department do I have to make? They only want to change parts only for it to go out again an again. I think if they had to shower for a week with only cold water it may get their attention. I am totally at the end of my being a nice customer and about ready to the legal process to get this corrected.
Bad quality

Camping World in Athens, Georgia - No customer service/ they put add ones in contract we did not agree to.

Bought rv Oct.26,2018. It was a Friday night and the finance manager rushed us through the signing process stating to sign here initial there. He did not even explain the contract. We did the rv review and I walked back and asked for a copy of the contract. They said we would get it after the review. We drove home and had a busy weekend,just parked the new rv and that’s all. By the way we didn’t even get a temporary tag. So it’s not tagged. On Monday I got all the paperwork out to review and do the warranty for the appliances etc. I read over the copy of the signed contract and was instantly upset. They added almost 6000. Add ons we did not ask for. I went back to the dealership. They did take off all of the add ons but the 3999.they charged me for paint and fab! I cannot believe it! That’s a lot of money I would have never ever agreed on. They refused to remove it or even split the difference with me. I don’t even know if they put the treatment n the rv. . I have nothing on it for a warranty or even what the paint and fab covers. I ask for the manager of this dealership and was told he was out of the country and so I ask for his counterpart manager that ran the business while he was away. I was told there was no one I could talk to. So another finance manager told me he was going to call corporate and see what he could do and call me back. Two days and nothing from him. I tried to call my salesman twice no call back from him. The rv door does not seal,bugs are coming in,the cabinets won’t shut,the refrigerator door is scratched. And we have not even left our yard or taken a trip yet. I pray there is no major issues further. I am very disappointed in the service thus far. No concerns No callbacks from them. We spent hard earned money buying our first ever rv and now I question even getting one. The dealership is Camping World of Oakwood Ga. Any advice or help would be much appreciated.

I went through the same experience. They tacked an additional $12,000 on to the loan from what we agreed on.

If that wasn't bad enough, we found the undercarriage was severely rusted. (It had surely sat under water for an extended period of time.) I hired a lawyer and the lawsuit is in progress.

My original report to Pissed Consumer is review #1392792 if you care to take a look at it. Susan Q TidyPike686

I bought my camper on 9/23/18. I'm having the same trouble getting service.

What's REALLY bad, is Oakwood, GA sold me an RV that has extensive rust on the undercarriage. Appears to have been under about 3 ft. of water for an extensive period of time.

No one is willing to help at Camping World-Oakwood, GA. I'm taking it to legal action.

@Susan Quarmby

So sad they have done this to so many people. I have not even taken my rv out yet.

I will soon. We should all get together and start a class action suit.

@Susan Quarmby

Susan, I’m so disappointed and upset. I finally talked my husband into an rv and we get this type of service plus being screwed with additional charges and lies.

We should get a class action law suit together. I’m sure there are so many people out here going through the same thing. They are slick!!!!

We should have a right of resission here in Ga. then we could have receded the contract.

TidyPike686
@Helen

Count me in with a class action suit. They deserve it! Susan Quarmby Case # 1591028 I have posted a new comment with pictures: #1392792

View more comments (4)
Review
#1391959 Review #1391959 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Cons
  • Phone customer service
  • Inability to return calls after multiple messages
Preferred solution
I wNt price reduction.and items fixed on this new rv.

Camping World in Marion, North Carolina - Worse service ever.

1.5
Purchase a 2018 new and have had nothing but trouble been promised service all summer and still waiting now camping season is over. Both air conditioning is out short in lights , gas valve broke among other things . The worse service ever. Doug F

Camping World in Golden, Colorado - Service Work

Took my 2018 Jayco in for service on 9-4 foe warranty work. Was told parts were in stock and work would be done in 2 weeks. It is now 10-30 and was told they were waiting on parts. I called before we got cold and was told still waiting on parts, so I told them to go ahead and winterize the unit. Now they tell me the coach froze and they have to order *** that froze. This is the second time I have dealt with Camper World. You would think I would learn. NEVER buy there ext warranty as they still give you a bill. There preferred customer packet is a total joke, Customers get no special treatment but the big FINGER Angry
Poor customer service

Camping World in Indianapolis, Indiana - They get your money, then you're screwed.

Made the horrible mistake of going back to Camping World to buy our second camper. The sales part went okay and that's really all they care about. Once they have your money you are pretty much screwed if anything is wrong with it. We bought a 2019 Jayco camper a few months ago and we had a heavy rain about a month ago and rain was just pouring in where the slide meets the camper. Took it in on Columbus Day and was told 10-14 days to look at it. Well it's been over three weeks and finally on my fourth call to the store I was able to get the service manager who just gives the old, well end of this week maybe beginning of next it will be looked at. Then who knows how long to actually fix the issue. I will never ever buy from here again or recommend this place to anyone. I will take the unit elsewhere to get fixed from now on. It's worth money out of my pocket to not deal with the hassle that always comes with this place. Also, the spare tire had a screw in it when we got it, there was no stabilizer jack crank bar, grommets missing from stove, one of the speakers was broken, and a few other minor details. I HATE Camping World.

Camping World in Reading, Pennsylvania - Palazzo 33.2

Camping World - Palazzo 33.2
Wheres my hub cap and button the so-called we owe list you people are sorry you too will experience what you do to others before yours sorry life is over