Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Camping World in Atlanta, Georgia - Paid two times for roof service on my R.V.

Update by user Jun 01, 2012

Camping World did nothing but make excuses.Took unit to a shop in Franklin NC,the owner looked at roof and patch job,said he could not believe the bad workmanship.The patch was not sealed around the edges properly and the roof was full of pin holes.

Original review posted by user Apr 29, 2012

I took my rv to Camping World in Spartanburg SC for a complete roof service and outside detail.I left the camper so they could the work.They called in about 1 week and said the work was complete.I went back to get it (app.70 miles),when I got there,I went in to pay the bill,they told me where my unit was parked.I went to get it,the work I paid for was not finished.I talked to service manager,he said they would finish the work and bring the unit home.When they washed and waxed the unit,they took off some of the paint during buffing and used something during washing that took off paint in streaks. A couple months later I noticed a leak inside.Took it back they patched *** they didn't find the first time I was charged for this.Now less than a year later i am having to have the roof and rotted framing replaced,cost app.$5500.
crosendaul

That is the name of the game for camping world. They just don't care.

Join another mad consumer. Spartaning Camping

World does bad workmanship and does nothing but tell you about warranties on thier workmanship.

My roof replace was bad from the start. It has been bubbling up form the start. They say it is normal. Today as I wash the roof and check for cracked sealent or anything wrong it look a mess with bubbling.

I have called the home office and get the same thing.

I will "never" buy anything from Camping World ever again or bring my rig in for service. Take it elswere.

Camping World in Cleveland, Ohio - So much to offer, so much failure

Update by user May 29, 2012

i cannot believe this horrible place gets five stars?

Original review posted by user Apr 28, 2012

the people are liars, rude and so unwilling to assits after point of sale, they have also invited time share camping which i took, she lied, so many lies, i got a free cabin, no bedding, and it was onlt 1 night, not 2 as promised, more lies, i hate campingworld and have called many times to be removed, they promise yet lie, mopre and more,,,,i have as yet to be removed from any lists,,,,,,,,i have as yet to be removed from any lists,,,,,,,,i have as yet to be removed from any lists,,,,,,,,i have as yet to be removed from any lists,,,,
crosendaul

Stay away from their company. If it is a company Camping World ?

Loss

Camping World in Millville, New Jersey - Management of campingworld in pooler was an *** to us just now very rude guy

We were plugged up last night to charge house battery went to try to leave this morning ran out of gas and told management and employees about it told them souldnt be able to get more til tomorrow a.m. they said ok then management comes says we have to move and that were not allowed to dump our tanks or fill our water tank there anymore thats just bad bad business for you and i do plan to take it to court and sue him or you if something isnt done asap about this. Thanks kimberly lipford and eric hickman the store is in pooler ga
crosendaul

Stay away from camping world . They lie to the extreme.

Review

Camping World - No service after sale - Nashville, TN.

About 3 years ago, purchased 6 new tires for Travel Supreme Diesel Pusher. All seemed well, until the following year when I got ready to take a trip, and took the motorhome by to have the air pressure checked in tires. I didn't have a guage that was calibrated for such pressure. After spending $2600 for new tires, Camping World would not check the air pressure in the tires without charging a $50 inspection fee per tire. Then, this was nothing but a visual inspection to check for dry rot. You would think with a $2600 purchase of tires, they'd certainly give you a complimentary air pressure test, or at most, charge a $5 fee per tire to check pressure. This would have been simple, since I have valve extenders on the inner back tires. I refuse to use them for anything, unless, it is an absolute emergency that I can't wait on or can't find elsewhere. They have caused me to make more purchases online, and to seek out other facilities that will do work on the motorhome. With all I've experienced, I can't believe they are still in business. About 3 years previous, with another motorhome I had just purchased and would be towing for the first time, had the towbar and car lighting wired. They gave me a brief demo of how to hook up the car, and that was fine. However, after leaving the dealership and traveling some 10 or 12 miles, had to stop and drop off someone to pick up their vehicle that was left at the storage facility where I kept motorhome. I just happened to walk behind the motorhome and look at the tow bar assembly, to find that a nut had backed off the main swivel bolt, and it was just barely in. We were heading out of town at that moment, so I parked the motorhome right where I sat, and called Camping World. Boy, was I mad. They said they were closing so they couldn't deal with it until the next day. I reminded them I was leaving town. I instructed them, without accepting any excuse, to load up a new tow bar and deliver it to me where I sat on the side of the road. They claimed they couldn't, but I gave them no option even if it required the manager himself do it. Finally, they agreed to my demands and we got through that potential crisis without much issue, but failure to check the tightness of assemblies prior to releasing the motorhome owner was irresponsible.

As Germans we travel six weeks per year through the States, we are club members at Camping World since 5 years.

Our fridge gave up on a hot day a few miles ahead of Nashville. The service department there offered an appointment for trouble shooting two weeks later, a new fridge for two days later! They said even for emergencies no time would be available!

Cullum and Maxum next door repaired immideately within half an hour - with a smile!

crosendaul

There is not any one at camping world the gives a dam. Your on your own.

i took my rv to them in sept 2012 to do extended warranty work while i was there the power in the building went out so gave card info. expecting to be charged 50.00 deductable.

keeping in mind they fixed nothing. told me that the generated had a gummed up carburator and was not covered under warranty,so thinking ok no problem.went home that day .... 6 weeks later checking my account at bank and seen a 312.99 charge from cw called them and to see what is the charge for . they told me that diagnostic charges for the generator , charging system on board batteries that wasn't charging while plugged in to site.plus 50.00 deductible..

what the h beings nothing was wrong under the warranty plan had to pay diagnotic charges,,, so there for the warranty won't cover the charges.

still waiting on my complaint for so called service manager.. they are so crimmial , i had no idea of these charges til i calles them.

@jt of spring hill tn

They shouldn't have even charged you a deductible if warranty didn't cover any of the repairs jt. Now if they did a diagnostic of the generator and nothing came of it then they should have just charged you the diag for the gen and let you on your way. Now im just going off what you're saying but im sorry that happen to you. Hopefully they figured things out and you were taken care of :)

View more comments (3)
Review
#311910 Review #311910 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Campingworld Colfax, NC8615 Triad Drive Colfax, North Carolina 27235 888-551-6152336-996-6661 I was charged $518.30 to replace a toilet water valve, tighten items under the kitchen sink and test the water system (which I am now skeptical about). They refused to call...

They told me I had to buy the same thermostat for my camper and I had to get numbers off thermostat and unit and they would have to order it. After I researched it I went to Walmart and bought one and it work fine.

They said it would not work.

I think they need to get some service guys that knows something about campers or was they just trying to rip me off? They won't get any more bussiness from me.

View more comments

Camping World- Bath NY LIERS FOR 9 MONTHS

TOOK MY RV IN FOR SOME WARRANTY REPAIRS. WENT TO PICK IT UP AND FOUND THAT THEY TRACKED MUD AND GREASE THROUGHOUT THE ENTIRE COACH. IN ADDITION THEY SNAPPED ONE SEATBELT EXTENSION AND SMASHED WOODEN ORGANIZER/CUP HOLDER. RETURNED COACH FOR REPAIRS AGAIN AND THIS TIME THEY ACTUALLY CRASHED THE COACH INTO THE BUILDING AND TORE A CHUNK OF FIBERGLASS OUT. THAT WAS REPAIRED AND WHEN WE RETURNED TO PICK UP, ALL OF THE COMPARTMENTS HAD BEEN UNLOCKED AND THE ENGINE COMPARTMENT LEFT OPEN. AS OF TODAY STILL WAITING ON NEW REAR LADDER AND SEAT BELTS. (9 MONTHS) CALLED THE DISTRIBUTOR OF SEAT BELTS, THEY NEVER ORDERED THEM AS THE HAVE STATED ON NUMEROUS OCCASIONS. STAY AWAY FROM CAMPING WORLD!!!!!!!
crosendaul

These idiots Left their tools on top of my rig. I found them that night while doing some cleaning from the mess they left.

Wow they don't have a good track record in Jan at the show I will stay away from them even if it means I have to drive further!

Oh I so agree. That *** hole probably got a bonus for posting that comment.

Lol. Bath & Syracuse stores are a joke.

Anyone that does business with Chump World has more money then brains & deserve every *** over they get. :grin

had problems with warranty work until I e-mailed the camping world CEO...suddenly they could not help me enough...lol still a bunch of stumblebums though. :)

Ha ha ha whine whine whine!! Get over it!

You probably did the damage yourself and are blaming it on them...

and one more question how do you know they smashed it into the building? Did you do it when you were picking it up whiner?

@Ridi***us

What a douch...this is probably a salesmen that left this comment due to them being the *** of the earth...if you want an rv go to camping world in bath ny cuz you will get it and a 100% free fuc&%ng over at no charge...what a bunch of losers!! :roll

@campingworldblows

Well I am listening to all your comments and won't buy from them none the less repair anything thanks!

View more comments (6)

Camping world,Bath NY

Great and friendly relationship until after sale. Ordered part 3 months ago and no word after numerious emails and phone calls. Sales person wont return calls and we were suppose to be great friends when purchaseing. Parts just bad. no communication. Biggest complaint is with Parts. dont be dissapointed after the sale I am still waiting and waiting to hear from parts and will probably never hear from my sales person RH again Will not recommend Iam giving up on Camping world and staying clear. I am sorry this turned out this way. Praise to John and Andy who delivered.
crosendaul

They have no intention of being of any help.I don't think they know what number to push if they were to return a call. Stay away from camping World Service dept.

I am beside myself how they can stay in business treating their customers like this!

Camping World in High Springs, Florida - Raised the price by around 5000.00

Went to camping world to trade in my heavy camper for one lighter so I could pull it with my truck. I bought it at a place they had just bought out. They told me to find something I liked and they would make sure I got a real good deal. ( called the shaft) So I found two I really liked couldn't make up my mind but there was a great big sale going on a grand opening sale had to make a dicision today. I kept asking them what they would give me for mine since I had not owned it more then 7 months and couldn't pull it with my truck. they kept saying they couldn't give me a price until I picked something out which I knew right here something was up every other lot I was at could give me at least a ball park figure one lady gave me a print out of the blue book they had for my camper which was more then most of the new ones they had on there lot and they were built so cheap. I picked one that was price at 17.9 actually both of the ones I picked were the same price when all was said and done the brught me the paper work mine ended up being 9,000. and theirs went up 5000. from 17 to almost 22 plus now they wanted 6 thousand down. I had already told them I didn't have another down payment I had used all the money I had when I bought the one I had which I was told buy their guys my truck would pull it. One other point I would like to make, the sales people at the new place were the sales people from the old place. So don't trust camping world. They also knew I am an old lady on oxygen given less then two years to live and we wanted this so I could go somewhere. They are scam artist. and down right theifs.
crosendaul

You are so right. Please help pass the word STAY away from Camping World Service and sales dept.

Funny we had almost the same exact situation at the camping world in Chichester NH, we bought a camper from them a year ago brand new. Got a bigger truck so we wanted to get a camper with a slide out for a little more room, they would only give us 9,000 for out camper (seems like the magic number) and wanted us to put down another 7,000 dollars and basically would not even work with us.

We ended up at another dealer found the same exact camper for 8,000 dollars less than what they wanted and they gave us 11,000 dollars for our camper and were absolutely wonderful to deal with. Will never deal with Camping world again.

CAMPING WORLD SCREWED UP REPAIR- LIED

On 3/11/11 we dropped our camper off at Camping World Byron, GA to have water damage repaired. We explained to the service desk associate that we had a water leak and needed to have it repaired. She explained that it would cost approx. $3000 because the couch, step, and cabinet below the slide inside the camper would have to be removed. (This would be the first lie that we would be told) We approved the repair, and on 4/16/11 we picked up our camper and paid. $3205.55 minus coupons totaling 547.00. The bill of broke down to be $2608 for labor and $558 for parts. We were happy to have our camper back, and thought we were satisfied with the repair. We used the Camper in June 2011, and again in October 2011. On the October trip, in the middle of the night, the camper jerked. Later that day, my husband noticed that the slide room was leaning abnormally. He began poking around to see what was wrong. He found an access door inside the cabinet underneath the slide room. Upon moving this door he found that the pulley bracket had pulled out of the wall. One of the screw heads was rusted off, and the wood appeared to be splintered and rotten. He also saw that the board the pulley bracket was attached to had been cut down the middle. On December 28, 2011 we returned the camper to Camping World Byron, GA. And I stated that I was not satisfied with the work done in April. And that the water damage had not been fully repaired. Kim explained to me the "She did not work here in April." We left the camper. She explained that she would call us to let us know what was going on. Her comment that she did not work here in April, made me a little confused. I did not matter to me whether she worked there in April or not, because I was doing business with camping world, and the company was there in April. Therefore I decided to take a few photos of the cut board. On, January 10th, I received a voice mail from Kim, and I called her back at 4:42 pm. She explained that the current damage had been caused because there was not emergency stop on the slide room (LIE- there is a big piece of wood that stops the slide), and that no screws were rusty(LIE), and not lack of repair in April. She stated that she had the screws. She also explained that "Someone had re-wired our slide room backwards." (LIE- if a motor was rewired backwards it would not work) I asked her how this happened because Camping World(Byron, GA) had been the only service department to work on our camper. She also explained that they had found a service tech that had worked on our camper, and said that he said all of the work done on our camper in April had been done to the outside of the coach (Not what we were told in April). She explained to me that her service tech had 8 hours in the camper and we needed to make a decision on what we were going to do. I asked he how much the repair was going to cost and she said she would have to call me back. I never received a call with an estimate. On Feb. 7th, I received a voice message from Kim that said: "Mrs. Mixon, this is Kim from Camping World, my service manager asked me to give you a call. We really need to make a decision on this camper. Could you please give me a call and schedule an appointment for you to come in and see what we are dealing with. " I still had not received a phone call with an estimate. On Feb 10th, My husband and I made the decision to go and pick the camper up to take it somewhere else to be fixed. Because we were unsatisfied with the repair in April, and the diagnosis of the new damage, and felt that we were being Lied to and mislead. When we arrived at Camping world on Feb 10th, Kim explained that we had a problem and did someone forget to give her a message. She said that there was a $1500 ticket on the coach. I asked if the camper was fixed and she said "NO." (LIE) My husband asked to see the manager, and she said that we would have to come back on Monday . My husband asked to see the general manager. We explained the problem to the General Manager, and he agreed the $1500 ticket on a coach that had not been repaired was not right. We left camping world building and walked into the parking lot, and decided that we wanted to see the state of our camper. We walked back into the store and asked to see the camper. A different service tech walked us to see the camper. When we opened the camper door, we learned that the board that was cut in half when we brought the camper in has indeed been replaced and the slide motor was gone. Work had been done on the camper, Lied to again. I noticed a screw laying on the sink, picked it up, showed it to the service tech and asked "This isn't rust?" He replied "Yes" Lied to again. My husband took some photos and we left camping world to travel home. Just after leaving camping world, (about 5 minutes) I received a phone call from Kim, she stated that "She had spoken to her service manager, and work had been done on the coach." No joke we saw that . she said"that the gears on the motor had been stripped, and we need to get a motor ordered. What did we want to do?" She offered no estimate of what it would cost. I asked to let me talk to my husband, and we would either call her or back or come back up to camping world. We decided to print both the photos that I took on 12/28, and the photos that my husband took on 2/10, and return to camping world. We asked to speak to the General Manager. We showed him our pictures proving that we had been lied to on several occasions, and he said that he could not do anything until his service Manager arrived on Monday. We made an appointment for 9:30 am Monday Morning. On Monday, Feb 13th we arrived at camping world and had a meeting with Kim, the service desk clerk, The service Manager, and the general manager. We explained what was happening. Kim the service Clerk said that I had not called her back. That was a lie. She had never called me with an estimate. The service Manager said that she had authorized the repairs that had been made to the camper and we were not responsible for the $1500 ticket on the camper. The service manager explained that there was no water damage to the coach, and she had the wood to show us, and that the gears in the motor had been stripped. (We agree that the gears where probably stripped due to the fact that the slide had to be pushed back in to return home in OCT- DUE TO THE BREAK/WATER DAMAGE). My father asked if Camping World believed that they were capable of making the repairs, and the Service Manager Assured him that they had a new staff and they were indeed capable of making repairs. I asked how much would it cost to fix it, The service manager looked at Kim, and she said she did not know that the parts places do not open until 9. We asked for an estimate, and she said that she(the service manager) would call us today with an estimate- Proof that she had lied about calling me. My husband asked to see the wood that had been removed from the camper. INDEED, it had water stains on it, and what looked like water damage to me. Lied to Again. Later in the afternoon Kim called me and said that she had an estimate, and I asked if she would put it in writing for us to pick up later that afternoon, and I told her that the estimate sounded fair, and to please order the parts and repair the camper. I also explained that my husband would like to come and inspect the camper after the repair had been made, and before the camper was put back together. In late Feb, I received a phone call that the parts company had sent them the wrong part, and the repair was going to take a little longer. I believe that Kim ordered the wrong part, but I cannot prove that. On Mar 2nd, Kim called and said that the camper was repaired and ready to be inspected do that it could be put back together, and finished. My husband visited camping world, and made sure that ALL rusty screws had been replaced. He could not check to see that the slide was operating correctly because the electrical was not connected yet. He said that the work done looked sufficient, and instructed them to continue. On Monday, Mar 12th I received a phone call informing me that our camper was repaired and ready for pick- up. Kim also explained that she had them to detail our camper inside and outside for our troubles. Thanks you, and I explained to her that it would be Saturday before my husband could come a pick it up. On Saturday, Mar 17th, my husband went to camping world to pick up our camper. He paid the bill which came to $859, and went outside to hook it up to our vehicle. He had a blown fuse, that had to be replaced, and camping world supplied that part free of charge. After repairing that, He began checking the camper's repairs. He noticed that the slide would not properly go in and out. Our camper indeed was not repaired correctly. He notified the Service Manager, who had the service tech get on our camper immediately. My husband remained at camping world for the next 6 hours watching them correctly fix the slide cables, and motor. According to the documentation that I have from Camping World, their hourly rate is $111 dollars an hour. I think they should pay my husband the $666 for 6 hours of supervisory work. I am not sure that the camper is properly fixed, because none of our experiences at Camping World have given me the impression that they are CAPABLE of fixing our camper, or being HONEST. And when I inspected the camper, I noticed that one side of the outside of the camper had indeed been washed, but not the other 3. The inside had not been touched. She had lied to me again. I understand that I had not asked them to detail it, but if you say you are going to do something, especially after our experience you would make sure that it was done. Our experience at camping world for lasted 12 months. I am not sure that Camping World in Byron, GA (Listed on the site as Macon, GA) is capable of handling repairs. I have been lied to many times by the service tech Kim, and felt that Camping would did not see it as a problem. I will not be returning to camping world for service again. The repairs to my camper cost me $2658.50 in April 2011, and $859.00 in March 2012. I paid for the motor and labor to install, but I still believe that I would not have had the $859.00 bill if the camper was properly repaired the first time. I have phone records, photographs, voice messages, estimates, and service documentation (yes the were *** enough to give me a copy) to prove the issues that I had.

So where is a good place to take your camper to have work done ?

Down here in Texas at the Katy store , your story sounds exactly like mine. Lesson I have learned now is never trust camping world to be customer orientated regarding repairs...in other words.

STAY AWAY. Wayne an Sandy

you guys *** about anything, why not enjoy the time you have with your family and stop looking for things to *** about

We bought a 2014 Thor Axis from Camping World of Byron. When we first test drove it a check engine light was on and we were told by the CW sales person that it was due to the gas cap not being correctly tightened.

The engine light was off for the first 20 miles when driving it home after purchase, then it reappeared and has been on ever since causing the unit to remain in the shop. Camping world tells us it is a Ford problem - or a Thor problem but not their problem. The Ford dealer has spent much time trying to fix it to no avail. Thor has been of no assistance to date.

So we have a fully paid for new RV that we cannot take on a trip and little hope for having it fixed.

The Byron CW sales manager told us we didn't want to know what he would be able to give us on it as a trade so that tells me we would lose a lot of money trying to trade it in. And we can't sell it!

So what are we to do now? I personally recommend you NOT buy from this Camping World!

Retired now and ready to buy a camper and travel. Saved enough money to pay cash for whatever my wife and I pick out, but won't be spending it at Camping World.

When I asked to see the campers the salesman wanted us to step into a sales office so he could get all of our private information first.

I told him that I would provide this information if I decided to buy something but not just to look around. We were shown the way out and treated as if we had just commented a crime.

Aggressive sales personal. If you want to look at campers alone with just your spouse it will not happen.

All campers are locked up to prevent self shopping.

I fully understand protecting the campers but I don't think two 65 year old people would be much of a threat. When we wanted to look around without a salesman following use like a puppy we were shown the exit.

@Donald

Insurance purposes require a walk around: if you "fell" and tried to sue, or if you broke something and never said anything....

Do not try to buy anything there. The sales manager is horrible

similar bad service...screwed up the camper...incompetent service ...don t take your camper to Camper World Byron....

View more comments (8)
Loss

Camping world poor workman ship

Well I took my motor home to crestview In Budda TX after 3 months at camping world to have the wiper seals replaced , The tech at crestview told me that the seals were not correct for the coach and that camping world never cleaned the surface before applying the new seals, he could tell because there was 3 layers of the old seals still on the coach, The seals are now correct and they are not falling off , One complaint I found a sandwich in my microwave and somebody used the Toilet, WOOOOOOOOOOOw Really guys come on. They did a outstanding job on the seals so iam happy with that Thanks Crestview Oh by the way the tech that worked on my coach is Cody.