Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Camping world,Bath NY

Great and friendly relationship until after sale. Ordered part 3 months ago and no word after numerious emails and phone calls. Sales person wont return calls and we were suppose to be great friends when purchaseing. Parts just bad. no communication. Biggest complaint is with Parts. dont be dissapointed after the sale I am still waiting and waiting to hear from parts and will probably never hear from my sales person RH again Will not recommend Iam giving up on Camping world and staying clear. I am sorry this turned out this way. Praise to John and Andy who delivered.
crosendaul

They have no intention of being of any help.I don't think they know what number to push if they were to return a call. Stay away from camping World Service dept.

I am beside myself how they can stay in business treating their customers like this!

Camping World in High Springs, Florida - Raised the price by around 5000.00

Went to camping world to trade in my heavy camper for one lighter so I could pull it with my truck. I bought it at a place they had just bought out. They told me to find something I liked and they would make sure I got a real good deal. ( called the shaft) So I found two I really liked couldn't make up my mind but there was a great big sale going on a grand opening sale had to make a dicision today. I kept asking them what they would give me for mine since I had not owned it more then 7 months and couldn't pull it with my truck. they kept saying they couldn't give me a price until I picked something out which I knew right here something was up every other lot I was at could give me at least a ball park figure one lady gave me a print out of the blue book they had for my camper which was more then most of the new ones they had on there lot and they were built so cheap. I picked one that was price at 17.9 actually both of the ones I picked were the same price when all was said and done the brught me the paper work mine ended up being 9,000. and theirs went up 5000. from 17 to almost 22 plus now they wanted 6 thousand down. I had already told them I didn't have another down payment I had used all the money I had when I bought the one I had which I was told buy their guys my truck would pull it. One other point I would like to make, the sales people at the new place were the sales people from the old place. So don't trust camping world. They also knew I am an old lady on oxygen given less then two years to live and we wanted this so I could go somewhere. They are scam artist. and down right theifs.
crosendaul

You are so right. Please help pass the word STAY away from Camping World Service and sales dept.

Funny we had almost the same exact situation at the camping world in Chichester NH, we bought a camper from them a year ago brand new. Got a bigger truck so we wanted to get a camper with a slide out for a little more room, they would only give us 9,000 for out camper (seems like the magic number) and wanted us to put down another 7,000 dollars and basically would not even work with us.

We ended up at another dealer found the same exact camper for 8,000 dollars less than what they wanted and they gave us 11,000 dollars for our camper and were absolutely wonderful to deal with. Will never deal with Camping world again.

CAMPING WORLD SCREWED UP REPAIR- LIED

On 3/11/11 we dropped our camper off at Camping World Byron, GA to have water damage repaired. We explained to the service desk associate that we had a water leak and needed to have it repaired. She explained that it would cost approx. $3000 because the couch, step, and cabinet below the slide inside the camper would have to be removed. (This would be the first lie that we would be told) We approved the repair, and on 4/16/11 we picked up our camper and paid. $3205.55 minus coupons totaling 547.00. The bill of broke down to be $2608 for labor and $558 for parts. We were happy to have our camper back, and thought we were satisfied with the repair. We used the Camper in June 2011, and again in October 2011. On the October trip, in the middle of the night, the camper jerked. Later that day, my husband noticed that the slide room was leaning abnormally. He began poking around to see what was wrong. He found an access door inside the cabinet underneath the slide room. Upon moving this door he found that the pulley bracket had pulled out of the wall. One of the screw heads was rusted off, and the wood appeared to be splintered and rotten. He also saw that the board the pulley bracket was attached to had been cut down the middle. On December 28, 2011 we returned the camper to Camping World Byron, GA. And I stated that I was not satisfied with the work done in April. And that the water damage had not been fully repaired. Kim explained to me the "She did not work here in April." We left the camper. She explained that she would call us to let us know what was going on. Her comment that she did not work here in April, made me a little confused. I did not matter to me whether she worked there in April or not, because I was doing business with camping world, and the company was there in April. Therefore I decided to take a few photos of the cut board. On, January 10th, I received a voice mail from Kim, and I called her back at 4:42 pm. She explained that the current damage had been caused because there was not emergency stop on the slide room (LIE- there is a big piece of wood that stops the slide), and that no screws were rusty(LIE), and not lack of repair in April. She stated that she had the screws. She also explained that "Someone had re-wired our slide room backwards." (LIE- if a motor was rewired backwards it would not work) I asked her how this happened because Camping World(Byron, GA) had been the only service department to work on our camper. She also explained that they had found a service tech that had worked on our camper, and said that he said all of the work done on our camper in April had been done to the outside of the coach (Not what we were told in April). She explained to me that her service tech had 8 hours in the camper and we needed to make a decision on what we were going to do. I asked he how much the repair was going to cost and she said she would have to call me back. I never received a call with an estimate. On Feb. 7th, I received a voice message from Kim that said: "Mrs. Mixon, this is Kim from Camping World, my service manager asked me to give you a call. We really need to make a decision on this camper. Could you please give me a call and schedule an appointment for you to come in and see what we are dealing with. " I still had not received a phone call with an estimate. On Feb 10th, My husband and I made the decision to go and pick the camper up to take it somewhere else to be fixed. Because we were unsatisfied with the repair in April, and the diagnosis of the new damage, and felt that we were being Lied to and mislead. When we arrived at Camping world on Feb 10th, Kim explained that we had a problem and did someone forget to give her a message. She said that there was a $1500 ticket on the coach. I asked if the camper was fixed and she said "NO." (LIE) My husband asked to see the manager, and she said that we would have to come back on Monday . My husband asked to see the general manager. We explained the problem to the General Manager, and he agreed the $1500 ticket on a coach that had not been repaired was not right. We left camping world building and walked into the parking lot, and decided that we wanted to see the state of our camper. We walked back into the store and asked to see the camper. A different service tech walked us to see the camper. When we opened the camper door, we learned that the board that was cut in half when we brought the camper in has indeed been replaced and the slide motor was gone. Work had been done on the camper, Lied to again. I noticed a screw laying on the sink, picked it up, showed it to the service tech and asked "This isn't rust?" He replied "Yes" Lied to again. My husband took some photos and we left camping world to travel home. Just after leaving camping world, (about 5 minutes) I received a phone call from Kim, she stated that "She had spoken to her service manager, and work had been done on the coach." No joke we saw that . she said"that the gears on the motor had been stripped, and we need to get a motor ordered. What did we want to do?" She offered no estimate of what it would cost. I asked to let me talk to my husband, and we would either call her or back or come back up to camping world. We decided to print both the photos that I took on 12/28, and the photos that my husband took on 2/10, and return to camping world. We asked to speak to the General Manager. We showed him our pictures proving that we had been lied to on several occasions, and he said that he could not do anything until his service Manager arrived on Monday. We made an appointment for 9:30 am Monday Morning. On Monday, Feb 13th we arrived at camping world and had a meeting with Kim, the service desk clerk, The service Manager, and the general manager. We explained what was happening. Kim the service Clerk said that I had not called her back. That was a lie. She had never called me with an estimate. The service Manager said that she had authorized the repairs that had been made to the camper and we were not responsible for the $1500 ticket on the camper. The service manager explained that there was no water damage to the coach, and she had the wood to show us, and that the gears in the motor had been stripped. (We agree that the gears where probably stripped due to the fact that the slide had to be pushed back in to return home in OCT- DUE TO THE BREAK/WATER DAMAGE). My father asked if Camping World believed that they were capable of making the repairs, and the Service Manager Assured him that they had a new staff and they were indeed capable of making repairs. I asked how much would it cost to fix it, The service manager looked at Kim, and she said she did not know that the parts places do not open until 9. We asked for an estimate, and she said that she(the service manager) would call us today with an estimate- Proof that she had lied about calling me. My husband asked to see the wood that had been removed from the camper. INDEED, it had water stains on it, and what looked like water damage to me. Lied to Again. Later in the afternoon Kim called me and said that she had an estimate, and I asked if she would put it in writing for us to pick up later that afternoon, and I told her that the estimate sounded fair, and to please order the parts and repair the camper. I also explained that my husband would like to come and inspect the camper after the repair had been made, and before the camper was put back together. In late Feb, I received a phone call that the parts company had sent them the wrong part, and the repair was going to take a little longer. I believe that Kim ordered the wrong part, but I cannot prove that. On Mar 2nd, Kim called and said that the camper was repaired and ready to be inspected do that it could be put back together, and finished. My husband visited camping world, and made sure that ALL rusty screws had been replaced. He could not check to see that the slide was operating correctly because the electrical was not connected yet. He said that the work done looked sufficient, and instructed them to continue. On Monday, Mar 12th I received a phone call informing me that our camper was repaired and ready for pick- up. Kim also explained that she had them to detail our camper inside and outside for our troubles. Thanks you, and I explained to her that it would be Saturday before my husband could come a pick it up. On Saturday, Mar 17th, my husband went to camping world to pick up our camper. He paid the bill which came to $859, and went outside to hook it up to our vehicle. He had a blown fuse, that had to be replaced, and camping world supplied that part free of charge. After repairing that, He began checking the camper's repairs. He noticed that the slide would not properly go in and out. Our camper indeed was not repaired correctly. He notified the Service Manager, who had the service tech get on our camper immediately. My husband remained at camping world for the next 6 hours watching them correctly fix the slide cables, and motor. According to the documentation that I have from Camping World, their hourly rate is $111 dollars an hour. I think they should pay my husband the $666 for 6 hours of supervisory work. I am not sure that the camper is properly fixed, because none of our experiences at Camping World have given me the impression that they are CAPABLE of fixing our camper, or being HONEST. And when I inspected the camper, I noticed that one side of the outside of the camper had indeed been washed, but not the other 3. The inside had not been touched. She had lied to me again. I understand that I had not asked them to detail it, but if you say you are going to do something, especially after our experience you would make sure that it was done. Our experience at camping world for lasted 12 months. I am not sure that Camping World in Byron, GA (Listed on the site as Macon, GA) is capable of handling repairs. I have been lied to many times by the service tech Kim, and felt that Camping would did not see it as a problem. I will not be returning to camping world for service again. The repairs to my camper cost me $2658.50 in April 2011, and $859.00 in March 2012. I paid for the motor and labor to install, but I still believe that I would not have had the $859.00 bill if the camper was properly repaired the first time. I have phone records, photographs, voice messages, estimates, and service documentation (yes the were *** enough to give me a copy) to prove the issues that I had.

So where is a good place to take your camper to have work done ?

Down here in Texas at the Katy store , your story sounds exactly like mine. Lesson I have learned now is never trust camping world to be customer orientated regarding repairs...in other words.

STAY AWAY. Wayne an Sandy

you guys *** about anything, why not enjoy the time you have with your family and stop looking for things to *** about

We bought a 2014 Thor Axis from Camping World of Byron. When we first test drove it a check engine light was on and we were told by the CW sales person that it was due to the gas cap not being correctly tightened.

The engine light was off for the first 20 miles when driving it home after purchase, then it reappeared and has been on ever since causing the unit to remain in the shop. Camping world tells us it is a Ford problem - or a Thor problem but not their problem. The Ford dealer has spent much time trying to fix it to no avail. Thor has been of no assistance to date.

So we have a fully paid for new RV that we cannot take on a trip and little hope for having it fixed.

The Byron CW sales manager told us we didn't want to know what he would be able to give us on it as a trade so that tells me we would lose a lot of money trying to trade it in. And we can't sell it!

So what are we to do now? I personally recommend you NOT buy from this Camping World!

Retired now and ready to buy a camper and travel. Saved enough money to pay cash for whatever my wife and I pick out, but won't be spending it at Camping World.

When I asked to see the campers the salesman wanted us to step into a sales office so he could get all of our private information first.

I told him that I would provide this information if I decided to buy something but not just to look around. We were shown the way out and treated as if we had just commented a crime.

Aggressive sales personal. If you want to look at campers alone with just your spouse it will not happen.

All campers are locked up to prevent self shopping.

I fully understand protecting the campers but I don't think two 65 year old people would be much of a threat. When we wanted to look around without a salesman following use like a puppy we were shown the exit.

@Donald

Insurance purposes require a walk around: if you "fell" and tried to sue, or if you broke something and never said anything....

Do not try to buy anything there. The sales manager is horrible

similar bad service...screwed up the camper...incompetent service ...don t take your camper to Camper World Byron....

View more comments (8)
Loss

Camping world poor workman ship

Well I took my motor home to crestview In Budda TX after 3 months at camping world to have the wiper seals replaced , The tech at crestview told me that the seals were not correct for the coach and that camping world never cleaned the surface before applying the new seals, he could tell because there was 3 layers of the old seals still on the coach, The seals are now correct and they are not falling off , One complaint I found a sandwich in my microwave and somebody used the Toilet, WOOOOOOOOOOOw Really guys come on. They did a outstanding job on the seals so iam happy with that Thanks Crestview Oh by the way the tech that worked on my coach is Cody.

Poor service Camping world

I called camping world about setting the hitch height on our new 5th wheel. The service manager said that they would do what ever it took to make it correct. I drove 45 miles to Fife, Washington Camping World. The first tech said we will have to lift the trailer to get it level, but he wanted his supervisor to look at it first. I waited for a 1/2 hour. The supervisor came out and said no problem. He took my keys and went to move the unit into the shop. Another 1/2 hour later the supervisor walked up to me, gave me my keys back and said yhere was nothing they could do for me and to tow it the way it was. He said "it's fine". There was a 3 1/2 inch difference ,front to rear, on the trailer. NOT GOOD ! So I drove 45 miles back towards home. I stopped at a hitch shop, RV hitches, Olympia, Wa. Awsome service !! So 90 miles and 4 hours wasted with Camping World.

I just recently purchased a fifth wheel toy hauler from Camping World and I am not satisfied with the experience. While trying to negotiate the financing, I was continuously forced to contact the dealership as I couldn’t seem to get information otherwise.

Once financing had been agreed on and we sat down to sign the papers, the numbers were incorrect as the Salesman failed to notify the finance department of certain changes to our deal to the tune of $2,000. As with any major purchase, a walk-through inspection was also conducted (which I was charged $1,100 for) to make sure everything worked and that we were familiar with all compartments. While a few discrepancies were identified and taken care of, the real problem was discovered when I got the trailer home and found all three waste tanks (1 black and 2 gray water tanks) where ¾ full with someone else’s waste. Ironically it occurred to me that checking the tanks had not been part of the inspection.

I immediately called to complain and received absolutely no compensation for this grotesque inconvenience which I had been charged for. Let’s just say I will not being doing business with the Sales Department of Camping World again and I will make sure this story gets out to everyone I can on how poorly Camping World processes and deals with sales and customers.

Budlight3, I am sorry for your experience with us last Friday. If you could give me a call, I would like to discuss what happened during your recent visit to our store.

Thank you, Tim.

Camping World of Roanoke Va

On Jan28,2012 I purchased a 97 Hurricane from the Camping World in Roanoke Va. I was told that before I picked up the motor home that it would go Thu a points check to make sure that it didn't have any major problems and would be cleaned up, fueled up and that it would be ready to camp when it was turned over to me. I made a down payment on it and told them I would be back on Feb 1,2012 to pick it up. They suggested that I be there around 12:30pm. While I was paying for my purchase they were supposed to be getting it ready for me. They filled the carpet with water didn't really suck it up. I got 3 miles from the dealership and the check engine light came on had to take it back and they promised to call the company to find out where the diagnostic plug is because they did not have a clue. The gas hand registers full and it's broke they didn't put any gas in it Because I put $190.00 in to fill it up. The air conditioner doesn't work. won't get cold low on freon. the propane tank was supposed to be full it registers 1/8 of a tank. I paid them for my tags and title had to call them 3 times to get them to get my tags and title sent to me. I called Richmond and wanted to know where they were. I don't recommend this place to anyone. If you need a camper go where you get better service. That is not the place for it.

After reading all the mishaps that people write in about I must say I had almost 100% great experience, sales as well as service was awsome my almost 100% comes from my one and only complaint, that young loudmouth at the reception desk, she drove my wife and I crazy running around worried she wouldnt get her smoke break, over all expierance two thumbs up, we cant win them all.

Most customers/owners have no business owning or operating a Rv, there is so much time that goes into solving these customers issues that over all 90% of the time Mr Customer caused themselve due to lack of commonscense.

@Tricia

Tricia you obviously don't know anything about customer service.

How do you think you keep your job and who pays your wages?

You need to find another line of work missy.

Please contact me so that we can offer a resolution to these issues. We are under new management.

They have called me on several ocassions about mine. I called the main headquarters in Lexington Kentucky.

They talk a big show but you never get any results.I took the Hurricane camping found out with all the other problems it had a broke comode and a black tank 2/3 full of sewage.I reported that they kept it 3 more weeks and when I broght it home I still had a tank full of sewage.

It is now at another dealer to see what else it's problems are I did find out that the battery has a broke post inside it and that I have a co2 sensor bad. But I don't ever want to see another camping World dealership

I took my new camper to Roanoke camping world after a deer hit the side of my camper doing over 5,000.00 in damage. I was told it would be fixed with Keystone parts....well went there to pick up on March 29, 2012 and my camper looked worse after they worked on it than it did the night the deer hit me and left blood and guts on it.

I took the camper and returned it on April 2 for the work to be done the right way...I was advised that my camper would be ready in 2-3 weeks and here it is 21 days later and I find out they haven't even started the repair. I wouldn't recommend this place to change a light bulb and if my camper is not ready for use by this Wednesday as it was told I needed it...someone from camping world will be supplying me with a unit to use and it will be of equal value or more than mine.

View more comments (5)

Camping World Katy Texas botched AC install
We took our 2012 Outback to Camping World in Katy TX to have an additional AC installed. Having just one AC didn't cut it. We dropped of our travel traler and they were to install a 13.5 unit that would have it's own plug to use in addition to the AC the unit came with. About 5 days later we got a call to come pick it up, that all done. We came in, paid and took her back to the storage lot that we keep it at. About a month later, we brought the trailer home and pluged her in in our driveway. We have a 30amp on the house (for when we bring our trailer home) and plugged in the new ac unit as well to try her out. The new unit did cool but we noticed it cycled on and off alot. After some time I open up the unit from inside the camper and noticed that they didn't even frame out the hole that was made to install it(there was no vent in the bedroom where we had it put in so they had to make an opening in the roof for it). The actually used scrap 2by4's to hold up the the roof. Also, the top unit wasn't even connected to the bottom unit allowing cold air to be suck back into the unit causing it to cycle on and off. Nothing was taped with and you can stick your arm all the way in the attic space all around the hole. All the insulation, plywood and aluminum trusses are visible. I called Camping World and talked to there service manager, also emailed pictures. He was very apologetic and told me that all will be fixed. When I asked how this could have happened, he really had no answer. Why would an AC even be put on a camper without completely framing it out first to support the weight of the unit? I'm just at a loss trying to figure out why a "reputable" dealership would even allow this type of work to be done. Oh, and I paid $1600 for this scrap wood and shotty install. They say all will be fixed, I wonder if I should be owed anything in return. I just wonder about those people that wouldn't even know what to look for and wouldn't have caught this... They say that they will "repair" this install this week when I return the RV to them. We will see......

Shoot, all you have to do is Google this place and you will see how many complaints they have about there service department.

I see this is a complaint from 2012 but its good that someone commented on it recently and brought this story back to life.

I did Google this place after reading this and found many other complaints about this place and its service department and personnel.

I for one will steer clear of this place. Thanks.

doesn't need to be framed out. obviously you know nothing about it. this is man's job, not something you would understand

@Anonymous

Well, they bought us an brand new travel trailor when all was said and done. So yea, it did need to be framed out.

It's all good though. Land a "man" would have completed the job correctly in the first place. You sound like a certain employee of this company.

Thanks to them we now have a new trailer and will never step foot in that place again.

@Anonymous

I've been to this place too. The service manager is the major problem with this store.

He comes off as a very condescending and has a major chip on his shoulder if you even think of questioning anything about his repair work. It's really a shame because the rest of the store, camping merchandise, new rv lot, is really impressive. He makes for a very bad experience. I would also never return to this place.

With all the RV repair shops around the Houston area, I would go some place else for my work.

@Anonymous

"doesn't need to be framed out. obviously you know nothing about it.

this is man's job, not something you would understand"

Thanks for commenting on this and bringing this post back to life!!!! Whew!

I almost went to this place to look for a travel trailer but after reading this at the top of a Google search and then finding all the other post concerning this place, I'll be sure to look someplace else. Thanks again!!!!!

You must be a troll.

@Anonymous

Glad you bright this back to life for everyone to see. Thanks.

@Anonymous

We have been to this place too. The service department used to have a service manager there that had that "short mans complex" pretty bad.

Felt sorry for the "little guy". He would try to "man up" and look like he ran the place but it was obvious he was a bit of a Nepolieon. Silly little guy.

He should just go back to the Carolinas where they talk nascar and stick to fixing lawn mowers instead of trying to hand with the big boys and work on RV's.

#481988

**** Final Update *****

We took delivery of our replacement TT from Camping World last Friday. It is a 2013 Dutchmen Denali 287re. We ordered it. It's a very nice unit, 50 amps, 2 AC's, 3 slides, modern windows, power awning jacks and slides all on remote leather swivel recliners and remote fireplace (I paid for the recliner and fireplace upgrades myself). All seems to work well when we took delivery. We plan on bringing it home sometime next week and "camp" in the driveway to check her out even better (she's in storage now).

I have to first say "Thank You" to everyone on here that spoke up on my behalf and also gave me insight on how to handle this. At first I was not aware of how much damage the "install job" created until others posted on here. The suggestions to talk to the TT manufacturer (Keystone) about the ramifications of the install were priceless. I am very grateful to you all for your ideas on how to handle this. I took them all and used them with a good outcome thanks to you.

I would also like to thank Mr. Lemonis. He saw this thread and contacted me personally. He also contacted the store and worked out this deal to replace my property. Thank you Mr. Lemonis. That was truly a very honorable this to do.

This will be the final update I give on this topic. I think its played itself out. Am I grateful? Sure I am. Do I think that I would have had the same outlook if I simply went back into the store with my broken TT and "talked to the manager"? Absolutely not. But, enough has been said on the subject. I'm just looking forward to the summer now and pulling my trailer from campsite to campsite when I have the days off and popping open a cold one. Thanks again everybody. It's been a real eye opening experience and I am forever grateful to you all. My first cold one is to you.... Best Wishes.

Camping world has offered to replace our new travel trailer that had the additional AC installed incorrectly with a brand new travel trailer. We accepted their off and thank them for making this right in the end.

Well, took the trailer back to Camping World in Katy TX today. Met with the Service Manager, General Manager and tech that will be working on the unit.

While waiting for everyone to get together, I asked the service manager if they had a flashlight since we will be looking into the AC unit from inside. You would have thought I asked for a lung. I knew this wasn't going to be a fun meeting. I also asked what happened, why was my trailer returned to me with the job only half completed. He told me that was an internal matter. I asked him again and he said, "I gave you your answer". Nice. So much for honesty. Hey, anyone can make a mistake right? Why not just say why?

After our flashlight arrived, me, the gen manager and the service manager all went inside. The service manager took off the AC filter and with the service tech looks up into the unit. He tells the service tech, "ok, I guess they want all this closed up". Really? "closed up". How about "framed out"! I then had to come up to them, reach into the AC unit and pull out one of those 2 by 4 scraps of wood (you can see them in one of the pictures I uploaded in my original post on this thread) and hand it to them. It wasn't even attach, just wedged up there to hold up the AC unit up.

Then I discussed with the service tech how he was going to fix this and frame it out. He was the most informative of them all, explaining the fix, what materials would be used. Very nice guy. They could take a lesson from him. I told him I was concerned about the integrity of the roof since the AC was never framed out. I asked that when I pick up the unit that I be able to go up on the roof near the AC and try it out before leaving. The Service manager said, "let's do that now, before the fix". With myself, the general manager and the tech inside, the service manager goes up on the roof and starts jumping up and down HARD all around the AC unit. You could see the unit on the inside along with the ceiling bouncing! I thought it was going to fall through! I had to yell out for him to "Stop It"! Amazing.... It's like he thinks this is all a joke or something.

They say it will all be fixed in a week. I wish I never went there in the first place. All I want is what I paid for. I don't know who the service manager thinks he is but I know I don't have to be treated this way.

View more comments (10)
Loss

DON'T USE OAKWOOD CAMPING WORLD!!!

I found a camper I liked and went with the deal. We were supposed to pick up the camper the next week. Seems it was a scam the whole week. The Kept blaming everything on the bank. They said the bank wanted another 1000 down on top of the 3000 we put down, this is for a 10500 camper. Even with this the payment was going to go up..it made no sense. When I questioned them on it it suddenly went back to the original deal....so I thought. Seem they charge an additional rate on top of the banks rate. In short just find somewhere else to go they are gonna *** every chance they get. they use every trick in the book.

I just found this, what a joke rver and fulltimer are. You guys must work for camping world.

Reality check time:

How do you know these people have "bad credit" unless you have access to their folder?

Camping World's motto is simple, make as much off every deal as possible and the 2 of you know that. Do you really think camping world cares about their customers? This is a simple, repeatable business model.

Quote a rate and a down payment after the customer is approved. Then the customer tells their friends and family "hey, we're getting a camper!!!"

They then come to close the deal and the structure has changed. Fees that weren't there in the original quote have been added, causing the down payment to go up because banks only loan wholesale book, or sometimes 110 or 120% of book. That's why the down payment went up, banks don't change their approvals, it's against the law you couple of idiots..

When CW of Oakwood got the approval, they knew exactly what the bank approved. CW lied, period.

The rate went up because CW wanted to make more money on financing. Normally, they get 1% of the loan amount for every .25% they go up on the rate. if the bank offered 7% and CW charges 10%, then the F&I dept gets 4% of the loan amount.

At 10K, that's an extra $1200 on the deal and both you know that too. That's why the payment went up. And yes, I work in the rec business so I know it's a fact.

These people were treated exactly the way CW is set up to do business.

Quit defending this deplorable business model. Dealerships that operate with good ethics don't do this kind of ***. These people were trying to buy a product, they were approved and the terms were quoted. At that point, the lying that CW almost always does began.

BTW, I think the 2 of your responses violated the Pissed Consumer Terms & Conditions.

You implied someone has bad credit without admitting knowledge of the deal. Do the 2 of you know something that wasn't in the compliant?

@experienced

Just for the record we had near perfect credit. We also went to another dealer in Middle Ga., got a better deal, better camper and no problems.

The guy that sold us the camper explained what camping world did as he used to work there. Yes they add their fees to the loan, not the bank. So for the employees of camping world posting as to my credit...try again, no problems there.

The problem is we were smart enough not to get screwed over by you. I should have known it was a bad deal the salesman smelled of a all night drinking binge.

@camping world ***ks

Yes camping world is a bunch of liars scam artist stay away

if you have bad credit and they still got you financed with a secondary lender with a highe rate and the payment stayed the same. They lowered the amount financed to give you the payment assuming good credit. no other way to do it.

Isn't like buying a car*, everyone needs cars, rvs are luxury items.

If you have bad credit then banks ask for more down and raise the rate, sounds like a secondary lender... Buying a camper isn't poor buying a car although why it all went back to the initial figure baffles me.

View more comments (5)

Camping World liars

Update by user Feb 15, 2012

Well i picked up my motor home on 02-04-2012 after 3 months in there shop and i still have issues with the slide and the wiper seals have all fallen off and or torn the bracket that protects the trailer light connector was bent they said they replaced it well they didnt replace it they just removed it the tech that was there did remove one from another coach and install it on mine now the front wind shield was pushed out of the top seals and leaked water i had to sealacone it to stop water from comeing in it looks like when they did some repair work to the day night shade they may have pushed on the window hard enough to cause this i dont know for sure , i called the factory and took it to another dealer crestview rv The factory is sending a tech down to over see the final repairs. I have had a good response from Thor.

You would think after 3 months the coach would be repaired correctly. I have no regrets about purchasing the the coach just where i bought it from, All rv\'s have issues from the factory when you buy them new and it\'s up to the repair people to correct them,

Original review posted by user Jan 15, 2012

I bought a 2012 37Kt challanger from camping world in New Braunfels Tx in September 2011 2 weeks later i returned it for repair of the exterior seals they had it for 2 weeks and never touched it the service manager lied and said they were waiting on parts from the factory so i called the factory and they said no parts were ordered from them the service manager got a call from Thor which placed him in a lie. I took the motor home to Florida for 2 weeks when i returned a made a punch list of 19 items and took it back for repair the first week of November and told the service manager that i wanted every item on the list repaired or replaced before i would pick the unit up. I called weekly to check progress and went over the list of items to make sure every thing was being taken care of the canvas topper for the slide out was ripped and needed to be replaced i asked the service manager about it weekly he kept saying he would check on it and he thought it had been replaced . in late December he called and said the unit was ready I asked if every item had been taken care of he said yes except for the canvas topper it had not even been ordered yet and he did not know why , and the factory was closed for the Holiday's so i asked to speak to the general manager he checked in to it and said the canvas topper was ordered now and they would keep me informed now this the fallowing day after the service manager told me the factory was closed for the Holiday's so i said to the general manager that was not true because the factory is closed until the 2nd so you haven't ordered the part another lie, He admitted he hadn't ordered it , It has been 1 lie after another i have told these people just shoot me straight if your busy its okay how ever busy is not the problem the problem is with management and camping world should fire every one of them starting from the top down and start over with people that know how to operate a business until then i would never buy from this store again , this is not my first new RV I've owned others before and had issues with other dealers butt nothing like this with the management only with quality of repairs , These people at Camping world have just flat out LIED

I was not wanting to read this since my RV is at camping world with a number of things to be repaired.

@Curt

As are we. :( Not good little soldier.

Not good. booo

Camping World has had our brand new camper for 14 months

Camping world is the worst company to ever buy a camper from. DON'T DO IT! We bought a camper in April of 2010. Brand new. We camped in it 4 times that summer. We noticed at the end of the summer that the kitchen table had warped. So we were going to camp one more time (Thanksgiving weekend) and then bring the camper into camping world after that to have the table replaced and have and awning attached to the slide out, since it was under warranty. Well, that was a huge mistake. They replaced the table and it didn't even match the counter tops in the camper. We complained and they told us that it would be difficult to find a match or whatever. I told them that I want it too match. So at the end of December we told them we would be picking up the camper because we were moving to Omaha, NE. They were going to ship the correct table to Council Bluffs IA. We picked up the camper and the next day drove it to Iowa and dropped the camper off. It wasn't until about April that we went to get the camper again and there was an incorrect table. So again they had to replace it. Finally in June we said we would like to have our camper finished so we can go camping with our 24,000$ camper. They finally had the table correct. We drove it 30 miles to our house in Omaha and noticed that the slide out had driven holes where the slide out was. They fixed it again, then we picked it up again and it did the same thing. So we took it back and they said it was a manufacturers defect and they would have to fix the slide out and then fix the siding again. Well we have since moved to Canton GA. and it is at the Woodstock GA Camping World and they fixed the siding and said the whole roof needed replacing from how the awning was attached. WHAT!!!!! It is Jan. 2012. I still have no camper and they act like they have done me a favor.

Wow. Bet those table tops really stopped the camper from working