Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Camping World in California, Missouri - Online orders

Be very careful with Camping Worlds cart and checkout system. You will be given a "receipt" itemizing your purchase with totals. Then some kind of discount, then shipping that will say 0.00 and finally tax that will say 0.00 and lastly your total.....Don't be fooled by this. When you check your bank record, you will find completely different charges. They add applicable tax and in my case "lost" the discount. Now I have no problem paying sales tax when I owe it, but I have dealt with many, many online sellers, and if I owe tax, it is in my cart when I check out. Not just taken from my bank. They say they "cannot keep up with the current tax rates" so instead, they bury a little line far down in the fine print, that says your receipt is an "estimate".. Now I don't think I am that dumb, but a receipt is a receipt. Customer service will just give you arun around.

Camping World, Chicester, NH got soot all over carpets etc

We were in Chicester Saturday Sept 8th, 2012. We had a refrigerator that did not function correctly when on propane. To fix it, it was necessary to remove it from the RV. It was fixed and reinstalled. To our utter frustration and annoyance, the carpet in the RV was FILTHY, and soot seemed to be everywhere. I called their attention to it and they made several attempts to clean the carpet, the chair, the bedding etc that had soot on it. I asked why they had not put anything down on the floor BEFORE removing the fridge and draping other things so that any dirt would be contained, and they apologised - but the damage was done. To their credit, I was not charged at all for the refrigerator repair, but I will have to have the carpet professionally shampooed/and or replaced since all their attempts did not get them clean. Our RV is older, 2002, but we have always maintained it meticulously, removing our shoes when we enter etc and now it looks like we just stomp around in it with dirty muddy boots. It is highly unlikely that we will EVER bring our RV back to them for service when they seem to have no regard for cleanliness.

Your both ***, Tuscanny for working there and saying bad things about camping world...Leave, us at Management will not miss you. To the customer.., we work on hydraulics, do oil changes, transmission fluid changes...yes we get stuff on our shoes.

Next time dont leave unless you are happy....you are so *** for that. Your actually, just dumb

#551996

I work at this store and remember you and your partner on your visit. You let CW off the hook, should have insisted on professional cleaning on the spot. This company is disfunctional and management is awful.

Review

Camping world destroyed instead of repair camper

We took a 11 month old jayco 5th wheel to camping world in calera al. it was there a total of 4 months during this time we were lied to continuosly. The 3rd time we were called and told it was ready dor pickup when we arrived it still had broken tail lights and gfi plug in kitchen had been removed and wires were just hanging( note we were there for hail damage-no reason to even b in camper). they had bent our roof ladder and the roof they had put on looked like a crumpled piece of papaer. it was left for them to finish. we finally had to go get it and take it to another facility for repair. I now have a 2011 5th wheel that looked brand new all except hail damage but now it has 3 rubber roofs on it which compromises the structure and caulking all over camper . People I am warning you RUN do not walk from this place

Just as a note to this situation. I work at this dealer and the guy who did this shoddy work twice is long since gone from the company.

We have had many problems due to bhispoor workmanship and shortcuts.

While we are still striving to improve, mistakes will be made from time to time. Please know that this issue is something we try our best to avoid.

Camping World in Dallas, Texas - Kept camper for 4 months and totally ruined it

Update by user Sep 17, 2012

The other facility we took our camper too refused to touch it as it was in such a mess.. After getting camping worlds VP and regional and district mgr involved our camper is now at camping worl in Chattanooga Tn.

Camping World in Calera has given me $2200.00 for my inconvience because of their inadequate repair shop..

The gm and rm of camping world are promising a great job when I go to Chattanooga to get it... We will see

Original review posted by user Aug 17, 2012

Camping World at calera , Al had our 11 month old jayco 5th Wheel for 4 months. It now looks like a 10 yr old 5th wheel. Totally incompetent and liars. Called and said it was ready in july and when we get there it still has 2 broken taillights from hail and they had bent the ladder, Rubber roof was so wrinkled we would not have it. Caulking smeared everywhere and just plain old white caulking not even the correct kind. Run do not walk away from this store. We got it today and had to take it to another facility for repair and now it may be a total loss.
Review

Camping World in Asheville, North Carolina - Paid cash, returned item, 4 weeks later still dont have my check

went to the camping world in hendersonville nc to buy a 5th wheel to gooseneck hitch for my 5th wheel camper that we were buying after we had called and told the guy exactly what kind of camper we were buying and what kind of truck we had. after picking up the camper when we made turns the corners of the bed scraped the front of the camper resulting in damage. we took the truck and the camper straight to camping world where the man came outside and looked and told us we had to special order and different adapter. had to shell out more money, wait for it to arrive, took back the old one. then they said because it was more than $400 that corperate would have to issue a check even though i paid in cold hard cash. take the new adapter home try it and guess what it doesnt work. take it back the guy tells us we need a higher ball. i get the ball go home and guess what still want even close. take the adapter back again and get a differnt one. by the way i live about an hour from the nearest camping world. called corperate to ask where my check is, the lady at the store siad 10-14 days. the lady at corperate said to give it 4 to 6 weeks. this is all so much bull ***. becuase of them i cannot pay my bills because they have my bill money. i hate camping *** (world) every time i go in there it takes atleast an hour, the time i got the taller ball i was in there for 2.5 hours with a 3 year old in tow. i would not recomend using camping world i would recommend using thom johnson camping in marion nc. even though i havent used them yet they are family owned and operated so hopefully they care more about customer satisfaction that the big corperate camping world does.

I was looking to buy RV not after reading all these atrocious business dealings with RV dealers I will get time shares my husband will than kazoo of you!

Camping World Gresham, Oregon

After a $1086 repair, had to redo. And file a complaint about the grease all over my carpet. Service Mgr. promised $150 check for my time to clean, and $60 reimburse us for a water pump defect. It's been a week, no one will call us back, left several messages for Lopez the gen mgr. But he doesn't care either. Shop there again? No wSy...repair there? Not ever. Refer others to them in our travels? Nope. If you have issues with this Gresham company don't call them. They do not care after the sale! Thank you!

Avondale AZ Camping World no customer service beyond point of sale

I am writing to you to express our concerns and frustrations with our recent purchase in Avondale AZ. We purchased in good faith a 2007 3000RK Montana Fifth Wheel, On Friday July 6, 2012. We were assured that the RV had been thoroughly cleaned, Flushed, and all repairs made, and was ready to go. That if any issues were to arise, they would be addressed quickly, that CampingWorld wanted us to be satisfied customers. We drove from California to Arizona and purchased our RV. Upon our return home we began our own cleaning and here are the issues we found: the RV was full of water, the gray and black hadn't been dumped, nor had the RV been flushed the water heater had never been flushed Missing the DVD Player Missing Lug Nut front drivers side axle Broken drawer - large one below fridge propane tanks not filled wall paper coming up over stove molding not attached - kitchen and by stairs missing flash light bulb out in toilet area loose screws on all the cabinets The RV had been wiped down and vacuumed - not cleaned We called Avondale on Saturday July 7, 2012 to advise of the issues, followed by an email. The manager stated "He has done as much as he can and that we had done our walk through". Making me feel as though the issues were our fault because we didn't notice them on the walk through. It wasn't a walk through as to look for issues, it was a walk through to show us how certain things worked. The Technician stated that "he hadn't noticed a DVD player when he serviced it", again making us feel like it was our problem. Another service technician had a DVD player, surround sound box was sent to our home and stated to call our closest Camping World to have the DVD installed. Service was scheduled August 2 at the San Bernardino Camping World and the service guy there told my husband that he was only to install the DVD player not the contents of the box that had been sent to our home. That is all Avondale was willing to pay for. We could have it all installed at our own cost. The RV took about 1 and half hours to be serviced. Upon returning to get the RV, my husband was informed that the DVD player is hooked up to the TV in the living room, however according to the service guy, the TV in the bedroom will not work as it stands because there should have been a converter box, a receiver, and a satellite dish, some of which had been hooked up in the bedroom closet and had been removed at some point. We are very disappointed and frustrated. Not only was the RV not ready, repaired and thoroughly cleaned, propane topped off, system flushed etc. prior to our purchase and it was sold to us as though it had been. All things in the RV were supposed to be working and were not. We received reimbursement for the propane, as of yesterday but that seems a small price to pay considering all of the other issues. We have only had the RV for a month and have not been able to use and enjoy the RV because we have been so busy trying to repair, clean, top off, and get all items working and functioning. We had to pay to dump the RV, have the carpets cleaned etc. Considering the cost of the RV and now all the additional cost and frustration, taxing our time, the extra cost of fuel cost to haul the RV from Avondale, AZ to CA full of water and dump tanks and now to take it to have the DVD installed, which was 25.33 miles one way. We feel that as soon as the paperwork was signed, we as customers have been ignored. We are not trying to get something for nothing, we are just trying to get what we were promised prior to the purchase. I contacted the big manager and was sent an email stating that I would be contact on Thursday or Friday, its now Monday and nothing has happened. We would like to feel valued as a CampingWorld customer, we would like to have all of these issued addressed and resolved in a manner that makes me proud to tell my friends, family and neighbors that we purchased our RV at CampingWorld and that they treat us great. Customer Service - From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Customer service is the provision of service to customers before, during and after a purchase. According to Turban et al. (2002),[1] "Customer service is a series of activities designed to enhance the level of customer satisfaction – that is, the feeling that a product or service has met the customer expectation." Its importance varies by products, industry and customer; defective or broken merchandise can be exchanged, often only with a receipt and within a specified time frame. Retail stores often have a desk or counter devoted to dealing with returns, exchanges and complaints, or will perform related functions at the point of sale; the perceived success of such interactions being dependent on employees "who can adjust themselves to the personality of the guest,"[2] according to Micah Solomon From the point of view of an overall sales process engineering effort, customer service plays an important role in an organization's ability to generate income and revenue.[3] From that perspective, customer service should be included as part of an overall approach to systematic improvement. A customer service experience can change the entire perception a customer has of the organization. Some have argued[4] that the quality and level of customer service has decreased in recent years, and that this can be attributed to a lack of support or understanding at the executive and middle management levels of a corporation and/or a customer service policy. If only CampingWorld would address my concerns and pay attention to what customer service is to the customers.

Typical Camping World.....High prices and lousy service....Can't understand why they are still in business......

All of you people who have a problem with Camping World, contact Marcas Lemonis.

@Slim

How do you contact marcasite lemonis? Who is he?

Has anyone out their bought a new Travel Trailer at Camp world in Avondale recently. I'm thinking of buying one their. Tell me if the customer service before and after was the sale was adequate

We lived in Blythe, saw the coach in a show in Quartzite and bought it. Repairs were in Avondale they said.

Their people cannot fix anything. Our coach has bad wiring. It was there three times for the same things and today 7/25/14 we still have outlets that don't work, an electric awning that is zipped tied awaiting a motor I might have to pay cash for... (right now we are far from large cities).

Every time you call them, the guy who helped last time, is gone. The managers stick up for incompetence. Three times for the same electrical issues, they tell you its fixed then you take a trip and gee, all the same *** is broken! We have a 2011 Thor Challenger 37K.

We love it. We would love it more if we could take a trip and it would work!!

By the way, they had our RV for 11 months out of 24. They didn't fix it then and still haven't for a total of having our coach for 15 month out of the three and half years we owned it.

crosendaul

I too know how much they lie ,and have no one there that cares about the customer. I hope they all lose their jobs there.

Mr. Stromberg...I totally with you here, this Camping World in Avondale is a really joke.

My toyhauler sat at this dealership for almost a month before any parts were ordered. I was promised many times that is would be fixed "this week" more than 2 month later it still was not fixed and I was promised by some clown by the last name of Johnston who claimed to be the GM that he would get to the bottom of it and call me back and the call never did come.

I got tired of waiting and asked to talk to his boss and was given the name of Kevin Wise and I left many messages and he never called either...I would never recommend this camping world to anyone.

Camping World of Avondale has the worse customer service ever, the tech are told to steal used part from other used rvs to keep cost down.

@***edofg2

I couldn't agree with you more. They are by far the worst bunch of dumb *** I have ever had the displeasure of dealing with.

View more comments (8)
$2000

Camping world it rain in my camper

Bought a new toy hauler . Took it back to the dealer in Lowell Arkansas three days after purchase because the front diamond plate rock guard fell off exposing the insulation and wood studs. I went back 4 days later to check on it and they haven't started on it plus they let it rain for 2 days in my new camper. And they say it's all just fine and nothing will be hurt ...yea right!!! Now Tim the general manager will not see us or take any calls from me. I took it a bit further to the regional vise president and even Marcus the CEO of camping world and still haven't heard a thing.

www.scottysrv.com what a great place.

crosendaul

I too had the same unethical irresponsible behavior.

Camping World in Staten Island, New York - Sold me a faulty beer holder

I bought a chair with a side 12X12 side attachment from camping world, and every night usually around 1:00 to 2:00 I noticed that my beer was spilled or on the ground. So i complained to the manager and he wouldn't listen saying it was human error or something like wind. So i figured I would try to figure this problem out myself and prove him wrong. I installed a weather channel complete kit from walmart and installed the wind vane on the back of my chair with even wind scoops to proove it wasnt wind. . Later the next morning i woke up to pick up 30 or 40 cans by my chair to find out that i had my chair pitched roughly 40 degrees ruining my rubber stopper. Later next week i tried to return the product and the manager said he wouldve helped me out, but because, i drilled 8 holes around the top back of the chair for my weather channel mounts i voided warranty. Lesson learned on this one. Like a camper has to be straight, your chair does too.
crosendaul

You were better doing it yourself. They would have made it much worse.

Warning never deal with these people. They are not competent.

Review

Camping World in Biloxi, Mississippi - Parts were ordered three weeks and not as much as a phone call

We made an appointment with the camping world store in Okla. City for July 7th, to have our toilet repaired in ou 2004 Monaco motor home. The manager indicated that they had parts stocked and access to other suppliers for Thetford toilet parts. I informed her that we would be driving 170 miles to that location. When I arrived there the manager located Charles the parts man and we left the vehicle there to be evaluated. We returned there when Charles called and informed me that parts would have to be ordered. We came back to pick up the vehicle and. Charles said that it would be 5 to 7 days before the parts would be available and that he would call when the parts arrived. Still waiting for a phone call. This type of poor service is totally unacceptable. I intend to seek other outlets for these repairs and all future services that we may need.
crosendaul

Tooooo late I made the same mistake I used camping world too. Never again.

crosendaul

unfortunately we learn by our mistakes. Never Never use camping world. Service dept