Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Avondale AZ Camping World no customer service beyond point of sale

I am writing to you to express our concerns and frustrations with our recent purchase in Avondale AZ. We purchased in good faith a 2007 3000RK Montana Fifth Wheel, On Friday July 6, 2012. We were assured that the RV had been thoroughly cleaned, Flushed, and all repairs made, and was ready to go. That if any issues were to arise, they would be addressed quickly, that CampingWorld wanted us to be satisfied customers. We drove from California to Arizona and purchased our RV. Upon our return home we began our own cleaning and here are the issues we found: the RV was full of water, the gray and black hadn't been dumped, nor had the RV been flushed the water heater had never been flushed Missing the DVD Player Missing Lug Nut front drivers side axle Broken drawer - large one below fridge propane tanks not filled wall paper coming up over stove molding not attached - kitchen and by stairs missing flash light bulb out in toilet area loose screws on all the cabinets The RV had been wiped down and vacuumed - not cleaned We called Avondale on Saturday July 7, 2012 to advise of the issues, followed by an email. The manager stated "He has done as much as he can and that we had done our walk through". Making me feel as though the issues were our fault because we didn't notice them on the walk through. It wasn't a walk through as to look for issues, it was a walk through to show us how certain things worked. The Technician stated that "he hadn't noticed a DVD player when he serviced it", again making us feel like it was our problem. Another service technician had a DVD player, surround sound box was sent to our home and stated to call our closest Camping World to have the DVD installed. Service was scheduled August 2 at the San Bernardino Camping World and the service guy there told my husband that he was only to install the DVD player not the contents of the box that had been sent to our home. That is all Avondale was willing to pay for. We could have it all installed at our own cost. The RV took about 1 and half hours to be serviced. Upon returning to get the RV, my husband was informed that the DVD player is hooked up to the TV in the living room, however according to the service guy, the TV in the bedroom will not work as it stands because there should have been a converter box, a receiver, and a satellite dish, some of which had been hooked up in the bedroom closet and had been removed at some point. We are very disappointed and frustrated. Not only was the RV not ready, repaired and thoroughly cleaned, propane topped off, system flushed etc. prior to our purchase and it was sold to us as though it had been. All things in the RV were supposed to be working and were not. We received reimbursement for the propane, as of yesterday but that seems a small price to pay considering all of the other issues. We have only had the RV for a month and have not been able to use and enjoy the RV because we have been so busy trying to repair, clean, top off, and get all items working and functioning. We had to pay to dump the RV, have the carpets cleaned etc. Considering the cost of the RV and now all the additional cost and frustration, taxing our time, the extra cost of fuel cost to haul the RV from Avondale, AZ to CA full of water and dump tanks and now to take it to have the DVD installed, which was 25.33 miles one way. We feel that as soon as the paperwork was signed, we as customers have been ignored. We are not trying to get something for nothing, we are just trying to get what we were promised prior to the purchase. I contacted the big manager and was sent an email stating that I would be contact on Thursday or Friday, its now Monday and nothing has happened. We would like to feel valued as a CampingWorld customer, we would like to have all of these issued addressed and resolved in a manner that makes me proud to tell my friends, family and neighbors that we purchased our RV at CampingWorld and that they treat us great. Customer Service - From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Customer service is the provision of service to customers before, during and after a purchase. According to Turban et al. (2002),[1] "Customer service is a series of activities designed to enhance the level of customer satisfaction – that is, the feeling that a product or service has met the customer expectation." Its importance varies by products, industry and customer; defective or broken merchandise can be exchanged, often only with a receipt and within a specified time frame. Retail stores often have a desk or counter devoted to dealing with returns, exchanges and complaints, or will perform related functions at the point of sale; the perceived success of such interactions being dependent on employees "who can adjust themselves to the personality of the guest,"[2] according to Micah Solomon From the point of view of an overall sales process engineering effort, customer service plays an important role in an organization's ability to generate income and revenue.[3] From that perspective, customer service should be included as part of an overall approach to systematic improvement. A customer service experience can change the entire perception a customer has of the organization. Some have argued[4] that the quality and level of customer service has decreased in recent years, and that this can be attributed to a lack of support or understanding at the executive and middle management levels of a corporation and/or a customer service policy. If only CampingWorld would address my concerns and pay attention to what customer service is to the customers.

Typical Camping World.....High prices and lousy service....Can't understand why they are still in business......

All of you people who have a problem with Camping World, contact Marcas Lemonis.

@Slim

How do you contact marcasite lemonis? Who is he?

Has anyone out their bought a new Travel Trailer at Camp world in Avondale recently. I'm thinking of buying one their. Tell me if the customer service before and after was the sale was adequate

We lived in Blythe, saw the coach in a show in Quartzite and bought it. Repairs were in Avondale they said.

Their people cannot fix anything. Our coach has bad wiring. It was there three times for the same things and today 7/25/14 we still have outlets that don't work, an electric awning that is zipped tied awaiting a motor I might have to pay cash for... (right now we are far from large cities).

Every time you call them, the guy who helped last time, is gone. The managers stick up for incompetence. Three times for the same electrical issues, they tell you its fixed then you take a trip and gee, all the same *** is broken! We have a 2011 Thor Challenger 37K.

We love it. We would love it more if we could take a trip and it would work!!

By the way, they had our RV for 11 months out of 24. They didn't fix it then and still haven't for a total of having our coach for 15 month out of the three and half years we owned it.

crosendaul

I too know how much they lie ,and have no one there that cares about the customer. I hope they all lose their jobs there.

Mr. Stromberg...I totally with you here, this Camping World in Avondale is a really joke.

My toyhauler sat at this dealership for almost a month before any parts were ordered. I was promised many times that is would be fixed "this week" more than 2 month later it still was not fixed and I was promised by some clown by the last name of Johnston who claimed to be the GM that he would get to the bottom of it and call me back and the call never did come.

I got tired of waiting and asked to talk to his boss and was given the name of Kevin Wise and I left many messages and he never called either...I would never recommend this camping world to anyone.

Camping World of Avondale has the worse customer service ever, the tech are told to steal used part from other used rvs to keep cost down.

@***edofg2

I couldn't agree with you more. They are by far the worst bunch of dumb *** I have ever had the displeasure of dealing with.

View more comments (8)
$2000

Camping world it rain in my camper

Bought a new toy hauler . Took it back to the dealer in Lowell Arkansas three days after purchase because the front diamond plate rock guard fell off exposing the insulation and wood studs. I went back 4 days later to check on it and they haven't started on it plus they let it rain for 2 days in my new camper. And they say it's all just fine and nothing will be hurt ...yea right!!! Now Tim the general manager will not see us or take any calls from me. I took it a bit further to the regional vise president and even Marcus the CEO of camping world and still haven't heard a thing.

www.scottysrv.com what a great place.

crosendaul

I too had the same unethical irresponsible behavior.

Camping World in Staten Island, New York - Sold me a faulty beer holder

I bought a chair with a side 12X12 side attachment from camping world, and every night usually around 1:00 to 2:00 I noticed that my beer was spilled or on the ground. So i complained to the manager and he wouldn't listen saying it was human error or something like wind. So i figured I would try to figure this problem out myself and prove him wrong. I installed a weather channel complete kit from walmart and installed the wind vane on the back of my chair with even wind scoops to proove it wasnt wind. . Later the next morning i woke up to pick up 30 or 40 cans by my chair to find out that i had my chair pitched roughly 40 degrees ruining my rubber stopper. Later next week i tried to return the product and the manager said he wouldve helped me out, but because, i drilled 8 holes around the top back of the chair for my weather channel mounts i voided warranty. Lesson learned on this one. Like a camper has to be straight, your chair does too.
crosendaul

You were better doing it yourself. They would have made it much worse.

Warning never deal with these people. They are not competent.

Review

Camping World in Biloxi, Mississippi - Parts were ordered three weeks and not as much as a phone call

We made an appointment with the camping world store in Okla. City for July 7th, to have our toilet repaired in ou 2004 Monaco motor home. The manager indicated that they had parts stocked and access to other suppliers for Thetford toilet parts. I informed her that we would be driving 170 miles to that location. When I arrived there the manager located Charles the parts man and we left the vehicle there to be evaluated. We returned there when Charles called and informed me that parts would have to be ordered. We came back to pick up the vehicle and. Charles said that it would be 5 to 7 days before the parts would be available and that he would call when the parts arrived. Still waiting for a phone call. This type of poor service is totally unacceptable. I intend to seek other outlets for these repairs and all future services that we may need.
crosendaul

Tooooo late I made the same mistake I used camping world too. Never again.

crosendaul

unfortunately we learn by our mistakes. Never Never use camping world. Service dept

Camping World - Vacaville, CA

Where do I start... Purchased a new 2011 Travel Trailer from them 2months ago. Outside of a couple times taking it camping it has never seen the storage spot I have been paying for because it has been sitting in their lot awaiting repairs. The PDI was a joke, I found several basic things leaking or broken that they should have caught but I ended up repairing them myself and then recently I went there to find it sitting in their lot completely unlocked just waiting for someone to steal me blind. Promise after promise without any return phone calls or reasonable level of customer service or communication has led me to post this. I hope they get their act together but at this point I would not reccommend anyone purchase an RV from this store. Go somewhere else, pay a little more if you have to and save yourself the headaches of having to deal with this organization.
crosendaul

Your right they are a joke. No professionalism there.

I had a really hroirble time finding a good nursing bra. For my first two babies I bought a Playtex nursing bra and hated it.

It made me look really frumpy and it was uncomfortable. I ended up wearing one of my regular underwire bras and pulled the strap down when I nursed. Throughout the pregnancy I went from a C to a DD so, for me, I preferred underwire.With my third baby I found a REALLY great bra on eBay. It is an underwire by Wacoal and was half the price.

They come in light pink or blue. I even wore them for several months after I quit nursing because I would forget it was a nursing bra. They are also really well constructed in that the part of the bra close to your body is like a regular cup w/a hole in the middle. The outer piece looks like a regular bra.

It also gave me more of a normal look than the weird look I seemed to get from other nursing bras that I found locally.These are half the price that you would find them for in the store, if you can find them in the stores close to you at all.If you want, or can go with, an underwire these are the best!Oh yeah, for this bra you may want to wait until you start regularly nursing to decide on what size to get.

You may very well get larger. If a store somewhere close by has Wacoal bras then you could go try a similar non-nursing style on to figure out what size to get on eBay.

Camping World of Roanoke Va

I still do not recomend any one spending money with camping world. I took my motor home back on 2 ocasions and I still have the same problems that I did before. I hve had to eat all the work that my motorhome has had I was escorted off of camping world in roanoke because I told them that they had riped me off, they treatened to call the cops for me and I told them to go for it while i could prove my side because the motorhome was still on their lot, and I think that they should have refunded at least part of my money. But I will get my issues fixed and I will tell everyone not to buy from them.It is bad when a dealership of their size has so many people talking about how shotty their work is. I will never take my motor home back for them to work on it.
crosendaul

I too had the same problem. Also they have people that work the store and they too wonder why people use their service dept.

Camping World of Roanoke, Va. is real bad on service.

They will hire anyone with a pulse. Always bad service.

My experience has shown anonymous quotes come from competitors who are getting their *** kicked.

View more comments (2)

Camping World in Overland Park, Kansas - Vehicle Prep Charges

I brought a brand new Navion, and drove it to Ohio from TX, just a few days after I picked up the RV. Not giving much thought about having any problems, because the vehicle is new. I had to use my horn while driving, because some *** cut right in front of me, only to find that my horn did not work. I called Camping world, three times, where I bought it, left several message and did not receive a call from camping world until, I was on my way home a week later. I received the call from the warranty person, I do have an appointment to take my vehicle in this coming Monday, so stay tuned for any problems I may encounter, I will post on this site.
crosendaul

Run Run, Don't let them touch your rig. You will have much more problems than when you started.

Camping World Albuquerque Finally OK

I have to admit. I have not been happy with camping world. We have a Jayco trailer under warranty and every time we took it in for warranty service something cost us money. The first year we didn't pay for storage because it was in the Camping World service lot and we "borrowed" it to use it. My husband knows how to replace a battery, yet we paid for one because they said he hooked it up wrong. He changed the one in the truck 3 days after he reinstalled the one in the RV after winterizing it. The truck is fine. Every car he has changed one in works, the one in the RV worked the first year after we winterized it. We are getting ready to go full time. First trip out this year and our outdoor shower is leaking. They wanted us to wait a month to bring it in. But then, it would be out of warrany and we would be living in it. So we convinced them to take it earlier. Then after waiting 2 weeks for a call (we were told we would be called every three days) I called. I was told it was going to cost us money. The shower had frozen. I explained that this is impossible, we winterized it and it was leaking PINK (the antifreeze is pink) and it didn't freeze this year. Finally I was told that it could be fixed under warranty but it would take 3 weeks for the part to come in. Funny, I already explained that we were leaving in 2 weeks to go full time. The service rep offered to cancel the part order. That's all the rep wanted to do, cancel the order. Finally I called and wrote to corporate headquarters and explained the situation. I was told that they would have the part in 3 days. Amazing after it was going to take 3 weeks. But no one ever called to say that they had the part. So a week later I called. They managed to get it in and fixed in one day. But we were also promised that it would be washed, it was not. When hubby picked it up the first time it was unlocked and the outdoor shower was hanging out of it. After they called to find out what time we would be there to pick it up, they wanted it to be ready for us. By finally calling and emailing corporate and then Jayco themselves we finally got help. But I had to work for it. Camping world, you hold my extended warranty. I hope we don't have anymore of these issues. I am neutral because the issue was resolved. Yet I had to keep doing all the work to resolve it.
crosendaul

Save your money DON'T use camping world for any service work.

That's a nicely made answer to a challegning question

We are currently having the same problems with CampingWorld of Albuquerque. We purchased our Jayco last spring and within a few months we had to take it for warranty work. Three and a half months later, they are not finished and the work they did do was shotty.

View more comments (2)

CAMPING WORLD AVONDALE, AZ

Was quoted $275.00 for an axel flip on a Colman popup trailer, the customer service rep. said they do this all the time its a very simple process, it wouldn't take more than a week to complete........... Three weeks later it came to $1,050.75 for an axel flip they said they had to cut off the original leaf spring supports. When I went to discount tire they said one leaf spring support was aligned improperly, (tire would rub on leaf support) so the tires I was going to purchase wouldn't fit, the new rims and tires would only fit on the side that was properly aligned. When I got it home to load the camper I noticed the fold out step had a nasty brown overspray on it, everything was locked on the trailer, when I dropped it off they said the have no need to enter the trailer, and if they did they have a master key. I called the manager Shane S. and told him about all the findings, he said he'd look into and call me back ASAP, it's been three days and still no call back, I've called and left three messages, he's conveniently on meetings now. So I'm looking for a place that can fix their screw ups. I don't want them putting a finger on my camper trailer again. They just lost a loyal customer. I guess they feel big enough to rip people off and do *** repairs and still have plenty of business. The lady that charged our card was very apologetic she knocked off $75.00 with coupons.
crosendaul

You are so right They are a rip off. And *** repairs, is way to nice a word for what ever it is they do. LIE LIE is their policy.

Loss

Camping world repair in dothan Alabama

Let Andrew write it up and let it set unlocked, unprotected for any one to pilfer all your belongings, they have master keys to lock any unit, others say he tried to call me but used a phone number stored in the computer, not the one I had just given him and was written on the work order but to lazy to look up the work order or change the number in the computer his service is to himself not his customer!! it would have set there all day and all night had I not passed and checked it and locked it up!! a brand new class A motor home with our belongings inside!! yes it upset me big time.
crosendaul

Never Never ever trust camping world. They Lie and the word Service is not in their vocabulary.