Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Camping World in Miami, Florida - Horrible repair

Terrible repair service - they just about killed me and my wife with shoddy repairs and on top of that their prices are much higher than local RV repair places that are much better in service as well. I tried them in 2011 on a used Class A motorhome and they destroyed my electric system, did not perform the roof coating or generator servise they charged for, destroyed my tile floor by dropping electric wire nuts which got caught under slide rollers. They also installed 6 new tires at cost of almost $4,000 and did not balance them and infletd them all to very differnt amounts, resulting in damages to crossbars and body of the motorhome and almost killing us by having motorhome sway uncontrollable when crossbar bushings failed!
$20000
Tags
  • Electric charge

Camping World in Burlington, Washington - Ripoff attempt

Very dissatisfied. Brought my Honda generator in (by appointment) for a simple tuneup. Charged me $132 and did NOTHING. Kept me waiting over 2 hours and tried to tell me there were metal filings in gas tank. Classic rip off attempt. I'm a fairly good mechanic, been Rving over 20 years and can tell when I'm being ripped off. I will never go to their store again for repairs. I've had good luck with local small RV repair companies. The service manager seemed to have a practiced scheme to accomplish his rip off technique. Hope this helps someone avoid problems
Loss

Camping World Terrible Customer Service!

We purchased a brand new 2010-34ft travel trailer from CW. Less than a yr later my husband was in a bad car wreck resulting in back surgery with many complications. Needless to say we never really got to use it. We continued to struggle pay on time for the past 3yrs. We tried to sell it on Craig's list with no luck. We contacted CW in Sept 2012 to see if we could trade down to a smaller RV. They said we could but they we're only willing to give us half of what we paid. We said NO we will try to sell it for more on our own so we would not take such a hard hit. Then they suggested that we could try to sell it with them on consignment. We agreed and they even picked it up for us! We turned over the the trailer and keys, we also mentioned that we found a little moisture near the back slide and were worried it had a leak, because when they first delivered the unit to our property the driver racked it under a tree limb in that area and we think he might have caused the leak. We were told it would be looked at, repaired and put on the lot forsale. Many weeks went by without a word! Calls not returned, then we were told they did not want to take it off the lot for repairs until it sold. They wanted it to be shown to potential buyers. A few months went by and we never heard a word. After 5 months my husband called inquiring about the progress of the sale and or repairs. We were told they couldn't find the keys! That we never gave them to the!!! My husband said we most certainly did!! My husband told him you better find the keys, the they said we might have to pay to re-key it. He was told the leak in the roof was not covered under our warranty and it would cost us 6 grand to fix the roof! They kept our RV for 5 months and never even opened it up! We contacted or bank (M&T Bank) explained everything to them. They were willing to help us and since we were never late on our payments they approved us for a short sale. We were able to get a better payoff amount but Campers World was not as helpful, they said before they would buy it back we would have to trade for something else. We bought used popup and they didn't give us a break on it either. We are out of the huge RV nightmare and will NEVER return to CW to buy anything ever again! We forgot a few blankets in the old RV, when we went to get them they just finished drilling the key holes out to get in it. Lol Oh on a final note my husband asked 3x if the propane was full of gas to the popup we had to buy. He was told yes, we get home set it up turn on the heat no gas! If you are looking to buy a camper, RV, or camping gear don't walk away from Camping World....RUN!!!
$12000

Camping World in Itasca, Illinois - Sales

I went in buy a fifth wheel and while i was looking around i decided to go talk to sales about my questions i had and i went up to someone there and i told the salesman i had a question about the fifth wheel camper and the only response i got was oh you cant afford it and he walked off so me and my family left we wanted that camper it was open so we looked at it but he didnt know my finances so he dint know if i could afford it or not i feel like i was descriminated against he didnt even run my application he only said u cant afford it and walked off

Camping world suck!

Watch out all they want is your money....once you sign there is no such thing as customer service. They will charge you up to 3 times as much for the work they do. As far as delivery of a new/ used unit they could care less if it's clean. I heard management say on a delivery of a used unit....they are bikers and it was a cash deal so the mice *** that was in the cabinets didn't need to be cleaned. If you are an employee and go above and beyond it will not be noticed but if a family member happens to work there you and that member will be protected, you won't lose your job even if you do a half *** job. Management only cares that they can keep their 6 figure paychecks.
jzeeb2003

We bought a new coach 12-2011. We have had it there for some new vehicle warranty work for six months out of the thirteen we owned it.

AVondale AZ store can't keep employees, they don't know what they are doing, and are unprofessional. I agree that once you buy from them, you are on your own.

Tags
  • family member

Camping World sold me a $50,000.00 totaled 5th wheel

Purchased 2007 5th wheel from Camping World of Lake City, Fl July 2012 .Walk-thru one of the 5 slides was not opened. Tech said he would momentarily. He then diverted us inside the camper. He then opened last remaining slide however we were inside. Before we went outside he closed the slide. Not suspect of any issues we signed the paper work. Next morning opened the slide not opened during walk-thru. Broken beams, cracked exterior. Called bank to stop payment (WOULD NOT). Returned camper 11:00 a.m. following a.m. Was told no problem they would repair. Now 4 1/2 months. No camper. Now am told I wrecked the camper. Told me to file insurance claim. My insurance claims all damages are prior to purchase and will not pay. Loan amt. $50,000.00 camper valued currently $1,800.00.

I also used to work for camping world in Lowell, AR they are a very crooked and lousy company. they will do anything and everything to steal a dollar.

I now work for another local RV dealer in my city and we get camping world customers each day that tell us stories just like this and say they will never be back. If I were you I would back that 5th wheel right through their front door one night!

I used to work for camping world San Martin ca. If I was you don't ever go here all they do is rip people off trust me I got trained to do so

View more comments (1)

Camping World Bait and Switch Cyber Monday Promotion

I ordered a King Size Radius Cut Sleep Number Premier bed on Monday which is usually around $1700 to $1900 after reading their email update stating that this particular bed was now on a "special buy" sale priced at $999.00. It was backordered until Dec. 26 which was fine. I had no problem with that. Today I receive a lovely call from Dustin who informs me that my order is being cancelled because "Sleep Number no longer makes this bed". So they are able to offer me a bed "made with better material and with a 10% discount". So I call these schemers at the supplied 800 number and they inform me that the bed is now $1934.94 but I get the 10% discount. For those that may be mathematically challenged that would be a discount of $193.49. Isn't this a bargain. I request that they honor their advertised price and that I feel that they are using bait and switch techniques on me. The little girl on the other end of the phone declines and says she's really sorry but she cannot do that. So I request that a supervisor pick up the line immediately. Of course the same song and dance is given. I asked for the catalog number of this new and improved bed and look it up. It's the same exact bed that I purchased. When he debates me saying that it is actually a different bed I ask him what these "better materials" are. He said that he "believes" that there is a "spray" that was used on the new bed, but not on the old bed. They are absolute liars, thieves, scammers, and schemers. I plan to file a complaint with their corporate office as well as the FTC. This is absolutely unacceptable, and they have lost yet another loyal customer. You camping world are filled with the most dishonest group of *** I have encountered in a very long time. I hope that you find yourselves having a much better day tomorrow.

Camping World in Burlington WA.ripped us off

In Sept 2012, We were assured by the service dept. the technicians could repair everything. Instead they kept our rig for 2 months and continued to make things worse. They never repaired their mistakes, but charged us for making matters worse. They did not put things back together, just left things undone. I would NRVER go back or recommend them for any chassis work, or assume they will complete the job in a professional, or even semi professional manner. Even their technicians will agree they are not trained enough. This is a company that preys on RV owners. BAD, BAD.
#1021907

We purchased a ner Kingston Montana June of 15. Should have read the reviews.

Paid 1200 for post delivery and received nothing.. Lots of rust, 1/2 of air condition not working, lots of things broken and doors not fitting. Lots of dialogue with Burlington and no results.

We were just kicked to the curb after we signed sales. Avoid Camper world at all cost

I too have had problems with the Burlington Camping World. I have owned a 2012 5th wheel bought 13 months ago and have had it is the shop on two occasions with the first time only a couple of weeks but this time almost 4 months.

Also a surprise piece of info as found out the new rig we bought had previous body damage which was repaired and then sold to us as new.

Would I ever buy from any Camping World again ...... NO, NO & NOT ON MY LIFE.

#582013

Im not from Englewood Colorado. Im from Kerhonkson NY. Can't seem to change the location.

#582011

Camping World in Kingston NY had had our camper for 2 1/2 months now. Service needed on a 2012 Jayco: bedroom door would not latch closed, what can be done to keep battery carged?

Can we dissconnect radio? Wire for slideout kept showing when we extended and took it in. Globe in kitchen on ceiling for LED light kept falling off...this was suppose to be fixed when we initally picked up the camper. And last, the wheel well was pulling from the siding.

After the first month we called and they said everything was done and they were just waiting on a part for the light. A month and a half in, still waiting on the part. Last Friday, called coporate/complaint line and that same afternoon they called and said our camper was ready to be picked up. My husband called and said he would be in on Wednesday.

He went in, and first thing he checked was the wheel well...not finished. He didn't even bother checking inside he was so pissed. We are "suppose" to hear about picking it up today...3 months later. It's suppose to snow this weekend and we will leave it there until spring if they don't call us.

We will not pay storage. This company is the worst company we have ever delt with.

View more comments (3)

Camping World poor service - Oregon

I purchased a used 2001 travel trailer and took it to Camping World for a checkup and service. They gave me a mile long list of repairs, most were insignificant. One was that the roof should be resealed, which I had them do the cost was $800. Now we are to the rainy season and guess what the roof in leaking. It was not leaking before they did the reseal. I taken it back once. The service when I took it back was terrible. The day manager was literally hostile to me. I talked to the general manager, got promises but no action. This was the worst retail/service experience of my life and I'm 59 yoa. Since then I have found a good service company.
Loss

Camping World in Cleveland, Georgia - Campin World Oakwood, Ga.

Took camper to Camping World in Oakwood, Ga. to put on consignment. They offered me a price to buy then and said the offer would be good the entire time. Called several times to check on status of consignment and took several days or me going by there to find out what was going on. Went by there after three days of no call backs to see if they were going to buy camper at price they said they would buy anytime during the consignment period. The mangager and sales man said they could not buy it and were very rude. Asked if they thought this is the way they do business and the manager said he saw no problem with it. Keep in mind they offered to buy camper at set price anytime and then refused to buy it. Took it to Camper City and met with Leonard who bought it the same day and paid more than camping world. Camper city is off exti 8 in Gainesville off Friendship Road. Would recommend them to anybody and will be going back to buy a camper from them. Will never go back to Camping World and will not give them my money for any reason. Go to Camper City off exit 8 Hwy 985 in Buford and talk to Leonard. They are the best. Camping world is all about themselves, do not care about customer service and will lie to you.

Oakwood camping world has terrible service. They will never get back with you on the progress of the repairs. I would not use CW if there was anything but warranty work.

Camping world has awful customer service. Drive to oak wood location an hour out of our way to benefit from their free install promotion.

After waiting in line forever to order, it was as if they were trying to talk us out of it.

Brought our awning quote from them 2 months prior and they said there is not anyway anyone could quote on just a camper model. We will not be doing business with them again.

Unhappy with camping world. We agree with this post.

Manager is very rude. Tried to purchase new rv promised on set date. Camper was not ready had problems. Nothing was as agreed and promised by Manager who thinks he is right and has all customers he needs.

Eerily don' t need the lies or camping world. Buyer be ware.

Your *** and you sound selfish. Go to Camper City, promise you Camping World will not hurt..at all.

People and there consignments...want us to sell them and not make anything. We are a business, not a charity.

@David

You can't spell David and I don't think you work for CW.

View more comments (4)