Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Camping World Bait and Switch Cyber Monday Promotion

I ordered a King Size Radius Cut Sleep Number Premier bed on Monday which is usually around $1700 to $1900 after reading their email update stating that this particular bed was now on a "special buy" sale priced at $999.00. It was backordered until Dec. 26 which was fine. I had no problem with that. Today I receive a lovely call from Dustin who informs me that my order is being cancelled because "Sleep Number no longer makes this bed". So they are able to offer me a bed "made with better material and with a 10% discount". So I call these schemers at the supplied 800 number and they inform me that the bed is now $1934.94 but I get the 10% discount. For those that may be mathematically challenged that would be a discount of $193.49. Isn't this a bargain. I request that they honor their advertised price and that I feel that they are using bait and switch techniques on me. The little girl on the other end of the phone declines and says she's really sorry but she cannot do that. So I request that a supervisor pick up the line immediately. Of course the same song and dance is given. I asked for the catalog number of this new and improved bed and look it up. It's the same exact bed that I purchased. When he debates me saying that it is actually a different bed I ask him what these "better materials" are. He said that he "believes" that there is a "spray" that was used on the new bed, but not on the old bed. They are absolute liars, thieves, scammers, and schemers. I plan to file a complaint with their corporate office as well as the FTC. This is absolutely unacceptable, and they have lost yet another loyal customer. You camping world are filled with the most dishonest group of *** I have encountered in a very long time. I hope that you find yourselves having a much better day tomorrow.

Camping World in Burlington WA.ripped us off

In Sept 2012, We were assured by the service dept. the technicians could repair everything. Instead they kept our rig for 2 months and continued to make things worse. They never repaired their mistakes, but charged us for making matters worse. They did not put things back together, just left things undone. I would NRVER go back or recommend them for any chassis work, or assume they will complete the job in a professional, or even semi professional manner. Even their technicians will agree they are not trained enough. This is a company that preys on RV owners. BAD, BAD.
#1021907

We purchased a ner Kingston Montana June of 15. Should have read the reviews.

Paid 1200 for post delivery and received nothing.. Lots of rust, 1/2 of air condition not working, lots of things broken and doors not fitting. Lots of dialogue with Burlington and no results.

We were just kicked to the curb after we signed sales. Avoid Camper world at all cost

I too have had problems with the Burlington Camping World. I have owned a 2012 5th wheel bought 13 months ago and have had it is the shop on two occasions with the first time only a couple of weeks but this time almost 4 months.

Also a surprise piece of info as found out the new rig we bought had previous body damage which was repaired and then sold to us as new.

Would I ever buy from any Camping World again ...... NO, NO & NOT ON MY LIFE.

#582013

Im not from Englewood Colorado. Im from Kerhonkson NY. Can't seem to change the location.

#582011

Camping World in Kingston NY had had our camper for 2 1/2 months now. Service needed on a 2012 Jayco: bedroom door would not latch closed, what can be done to keep battery carged?

Can we dissconnect radio? Wire for slideout kept showing when we extended and took it in. Globe in kitchen on ceiling for LED light kept falling off...this was suppose to be fixed when we initally picked up the camper. And last, the wheel well was pulling from the siding.

After the first month we called and they said everything was done and they were just waiting on a part for the light. A month and a half in, still waiting on the part. Last Friday, called coporate/complaint line and that same afternoon they called and said our camper was ready to be picked up. My husband called and said he would be in on Wednesday.

He went in, and first thing he checked was the wheel well...not finished. He didn't even bother checking inside he was so pissed. We are "suppose" to hear about picking it up today...3 months later. It's suppose to snow this weekend and we will leave it there until spring if they don't call us.

We will not pay storage. This company is the worst company we have ever delt with.

View more comments (3)

Camping World poor service - Oregon

I purchased a used 2001 travel trailer and took it to Camping World for a checkup and service. They gave me a mile long list of repairs, most were insignificant. One was that the roof should be resealed, which I had them do the cost was $800. Now we are to the rainy season and guess what the roof in leaking. It was not leaking before they did the reseal. I taken it back once. The service when I took it back was terrible. The day manager was literally hostile to me. I talked to the general manager, got promises but no action. This was the worst retail/service experience of my life and I'm 59 yoa. Since then I have found a good service company.
Loss

Camping World in Cleveland, Georgia - Campin World Oakwood, Ga.

Took camper to Camping World in Oakwood, Ga. to put on consignment. They offered me a price to buy then and said the offer would be good the entire time. Called several times to check on status of consignment and took several days or me going by there to find out what was going on. Went by there after three days of no call backs to see if they were going to buy camper at price they said they would buy anytime during the consignment period. The mangager and sales man said they could not buy it and were very rude. Asked if they thought this is the way they do business and the manager said he saw no problem with it. Keep in mind they offered to buy camper at set price anytime and then refused to buy it. Took it to Camper City and met with Leonard who bought it the same day and paid more than camping world. Camper city is off exti 8 in Gainesville off Friendship Road. Would recommend them to anybody and will be going back to buy a camper from them. Will never go back to Camping World and will not give them my money for any reason. Go to Camper City off exit 8 Hwy 985 in Buford and talk to Leonard. They are the best. Camping world is all about themselves, do not care about customer service and will lie to you.

Oakwood camping world has terrible service. They will never get back with you on the progress of the repairs. I would not use CW if there was anything but warranty work.

Camping world has awful customer service. Drive to oak wood location an hour out of our way to benefit from their free install promotion.

After waiting in line forever to order, it was as if they were trying to talk us out of it.

Brought our awning quote from them 2 months prior and they said there is not anyway anyone could quote on just a camper model. We will not be doing business with them again.

Unhappy with camping world. We agree with this post.

Manager is very rude. Tried to purchase new rv promised on set date. Camper was not ready had problems. Nothing was as agreed and promised by Manager who thinks he is right and has all customers he needs.

Eerily don' t need the lies or camping world. Buyer be ware.

Your *** and you sound selfish. Go to Camper City, promise you Camping World will not hurt..at all.

People and there consignments...want us to sell them and not make anything. We are a business, not a charity.

@David

You can't spell David and I don't think you work for CW.

View more comments (4)

Camping World in California, Missouri - Online orders

Be very careful with Camping Worlds cart and checkout system. You will be given a "receipt" itemizing your purchase with totals. Then some kind of discount, then shipping that will say 0.00 and finally tax that will say 0.00 and lastly your total.....Don't be fooled by this. When you check your bank record, you will find completely different charges. They add applicable tax and in my case "lost" the discount. Now I have no problem paying sales tax when I owe it, but I have dealt with many, many online sellers, and if I owe tax, it is in my cart when I check out. Not just taken from my bank. They say they "cannot keep up with the current tax rates" so instead, they bury a little line far down in the fine print, that says your receipt is an "estimate".. Now I don't think I am that dumb, but a receipt is a receipt. Customer service will just give you arun around.

Camping World, Chicester, NH got soot all over carpets etc

We were in Chicester Saturday Sept 8th, 2012. We had a refrigerator that did not function correctly when on propane. To fix it, it was necessary to remove it from the RV. It was fixed and reinstalled. To our utter frustration and annoyance, the carpet in the RV was FILTHY, and soot seemed to be everywhere. I called their attention to it and they made several attempts to clean the carpet, the chair, the bedding etc that had soot on it. I asked why they had not put anything down on the floor BEFORE removing the fridge and draping other things so that any dirt would be contained, and they apologised - but the damage was done. To their credit, I was not charged at all for the refrigerator repair, but I will have to have the carpet professionally shampooed/and or replaced since all their attempts did not get them clean. Our RV is older, 2002, but we have always maintained it meticulously, removing our shoes when we enter etc and now it looks like we just stomp around in it with dirty muddy boots. It is highly unlikely that we will EVER bring our RV back to them for service when they seem to have no regard for cleanliness.

Your both ***, Tuscanny for working there and saying bad things about camping world...Leave, us at Management will not miss you. To the customer.., we work on hydraulics, do oil changes, transmission fluid changes...yes we get stuff on our shoes.

Next time dont leave unless you are happy....you are so *** for that. Your actually, just dumb

#551996

I work at this store and remember you and your partner on your visit. You let CW off the hook, should have insisted on professional cleaning on the spot. This company is disfunctional and management is awful.

View more comments (1)
Review

Camping world destroyed instead of repair camper

We took a 11 month old jayco 5th wheel to camping world in calera al. it was there a total of 4 months during this time we were lied to continuosly. The 3rd time we were called and told it was ready dor pickup when we arrived it still had broken tail lights and gfi plug in kitchen had been removed and wires were just hanging( note we were there for hail damage-no reason to even b in camper). they had bent our roof ladder and the roof they had put on looked like a crumpled piece of papaer. it was left for them to finish. we finally had to go get it and take it to another facility for repair. I now have a 2011 5th wheel that looked brand new all except hail damage but now it has 3 rubber roofs on it which compromises the structure and caulking all over camper . People I am warning you RUN do not walk from this place

Just as a note to this situation. I work at this dealer and the guy who did this shoddy work twice is long since gone from the company.

We have had many problems due to bhispoor workmanship and shortcuts.

While we are still striving to improve, mistakes will be made from time to time. Please know that this issue is something we try our best to avoid.

Camping World in Dallas, Texas - Kept camper for 4 months and totally ruined it

Update by user Sep 17, 2012

The other facility we took our camper too refused to touch it as it was in such a mess.. After getting camping worlds VP and regional and district mgr involved our camper is now at camping worl in Chattanooga Tn.

Camping World in Calera has given me $2200.00 for my inconvience because of their inadequate repair shop..

The gm and rm of camping world are promising a great job when I go to Chattanooga to get it... We will see

Original review posted by user Aug 17, 2012

Camping World at calera , Al had our 11 month old jayco 5th Wheel for 4 months. It now looks like a 10 yr old 5th wheel. Totally incompetent and liars. Called and said it was ready in july and when we get there it still has 2 broken taillights from hail and they had bent the ladder, Rubber roof was so wrinkled we would not have it. Caulking smeared everywhere and just plain old white caulking not even the correct kind. Run do not walk away from this store. We got it today and had to take it to another facility for repair and now it may be a total loss.
Review

Camping World in Asheville, North Carolina - Paid cash, returned item, 4 weeks later still dont have my check

went to the camping world in hendersonville nc to buy a 5th wheel to gooseneck hitch for my 5th wheel camper that we were buying after we had called and told the guy exactly what kind of camper we were buying and what kind of truck we had. after picking up the camper when we made turns the corners of the bed scraped the front of the camper resulting in damage. we took the truck and the camper straight to camping world where the man came outside and looked and told us we had to special order and different adapter. had to shell out more money, wait for it to arrive, took back the old one. then they said because it was more than $400 that corperate would have to issue a check even though i paid in cold hard cash. take the new adapter home try it and guess what it doesnt work. take it back the guy tells us we need a higher ball. i get the ball go home and guess what still want even close. take the adapter back again and get a differnt one. by the way i live about an hour from the nearest camping world. called corperate to ask where my check is, the lady at the store siad 10-14 days. the lady at corperate said to give it 4 to 6 weeks. this is all so much bull ***. becuase of them i cannot pay my bills because they have my bill money. i hate camping *** (world) every time i go in there it takes atleast an hour, the time i got the taller ball i was in there for 2.5 hours with a 3 year old in tow. i would not recomend using camping world i would recommend using thom johnson camping in marion nc. even though i havent used them yet they are family owned and operated so hopefully they care more about customer satisfaction that the big corperate camping world does.

I was looking to buy RV not after reading all these atrocious business dealings with RV dealers I will get time shares my husband will than kazoo of you!

Camping World Gresham, Oregon

After a $1086 repair, had to redo. And file a complaint about the grease all over my carpet. Service Mgr. promised $150 check for my time to clean, and $60 reimburse us for a water pump defect. It's been a week, no one will call us back, left several messages for Lopez the gen mgr. But he doesn't care either. Shop there again? No wSy...repair there? Not ever. Refer others to them in our travels? Nope. If you have issues with this Gresham company don't call them. They do not care after the sale! Thank you!