Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Camping World in Apex, North Carolina - Fix one thing break another

Not even go through about making an appointment and then being told appointment is just for drop offs, after a week to fix a leak on the window under warranty, made appointment 3 weeks ahead and then the day of I am told that was not the day they would render the service,uh? anyhow, but after picking up motorhome got home and noticed on the side some splatter dirt, looking closely noticed dents and chips on the paint, clearly someone span wheel on gravel and damaged 2 doors and some side chipping, this is 2012 unit, called the manager and of course my word vs. his now. Please be aware CampingWorld Raleigh, good technicians unfortunately worst costumer service and managers. Avoid that if you can.

Camping World in El Paso, Texas - Terrible Service

We bought our first class a RV back in December 2012 we have been coming to camping world for the last 6 months and it has been one bad experience after another every visit is greeted with a I dont care look get in line shut up and wait. I am usually not one to complain at some minor disturbances but I could no longer hold back the anger if you are ever in the camping world in Anthony, TX be prepared to have your patience tested with this staff all the way up to management they just dont seem to care.
Tags
  • travelWe bought our first cla Dece
  • TX be prepared to have your patien

Camping World in Bowling Green, Kentucky - Unhappy Camper

I’m a sixty-one year old, single woman on a fixed income. I am not in good health and the biggest dream on my bucket list was to buy a vintage camper to do some traveling before severe Rheumatoid Arthritis confines me to my home. The search for the perfect camper for my needs took over seven months. Not only did I need to find one I could afford, the number one requirement for me (due to asthma and allergies to mold and mildew) was to find one with a good roof that hadn’t leaked. Anyone who’s familiar with campers understands what a rarity that is. Finally, just as I was giving up hope, there it was. A 1985 Chevy, Class C Leisure Craft; clean, a perfect ceiling, and all original. The only problem it has was a small drip at the rear window near the upper storage cabinet during hard rains. The first thing I did was take it Camping World to have this drip repaired. When I arrived I was told to leave it there and they would call me with an estimate within three days. On the fifth day with no call, I phoned to inquire about my camper’s status. I was told they were very busy and would return my call the next day. Two days later we had a storm bring a deluge of rain. I had still received no call, so again I phoned to make an inquiry. Again I was told they were busy and would call me the next day. The rainy weather remained for two more days with no call from Camping World, so on the ninth day I drove to Bowling Green to personally check the status of my repair. When I pulled into the parking lot, there was my camper, sitting in the same spot where it had been parked the day I left it. I unlocked the door to check the small leak in the cabinet area. The cabinet was full of water and the ceiling in front of cabinet was water stained. I was furious! I had taken my camper to Camping World to prevent this, and knowing it had a leak, they left it sitting outside during three days of rain. After a half hour of waiting to speak to the Service Manager, when he was finally able to break free to talk to me, he told me he had no idea my camper was there. Another fifteen minutes passed while they tried to locate my service order. The Service Manager appeared quite peeved at my interrupting his busy schedule and having to go outside to check the damage, but I was becoming more and more upset with this organization, and he did come outside to look. His first “estimate” was to tell me I needed a $4000.00 rubber roof. When I said I couldn’t afford that, he told me I would have to seal all the top seams, around the bunk vent, and the air conditioner “to prevent future leaks” - A $1000.00 job. What could I do? I really loved the perfect vintage camper of my dreams, so I agreed. After another week of waiting for the repair, my camper was finally ready. My arthritis wouldn’t allow me climb the ladder so I couldn’t check the work, but I mistakenly put my trust in a company I believed had a good reputation and provided good service. If I had read all the complaints and bad reviews I’ve found on line lately, I wouldn’t have been so naïve. A little over four months passed before I saw the roof when I pulled it up beside to our upper deck to clean up after a camping trip. From the deck I saw was a horrible mess, sealer (for lack of a better word) ‘globbed’ over the seams, with no attempt to smooth it. It looked as if they’d had someone with no experience climb up on the roof and rush through the job to get rid of me. Still, winter was here, I’d had no leaks, and had made up my mind I would never give this company another penny. Less than a year later, Summer came again and with it, our first major downpour. The first thing I did was go to check on my camper. I was devastated when I looked inside. The cabinet was full of water and all the vents and the air conditioner had leaked. My perfect ceiling was ruined! My vintage camper had lost half of its resale value, and now I have the possibility of mold and mildew preventing me from being able to use it. I went to two other repair men who both told me the height of the sealer that had been applied was preventing water from being able to drain from the roof; that it was causing the water to pool on top and even the smallest pinpoint opening at the seams would have no place to go but inside. When I called Camping World to complain I was told they were busy and it would be at least three weeks before they could look at it. It wasn’t until I said I would take it to the Corporate Office that were able to find a slot open in four days. Today I am waiting for my appointment day to come. I have little hope this company will do anything without receiving more money (which they will never get from me) and I feel certain they will do nothing to compensate the damage to my ceiling. What I am hoping for is that others who have complained in reviews to come forward and tell their stories on this site: http://www.facebook.com/pages/ Unhappy-Camper/595811997105605 Those who have been ripped off, received poor service, or feel they were wronged by this company are welcome to voice their experiences and post pictures of any damage they feel were caused by this company. Camping World does not seem to care about customer satisfaction - Profit is the bottom line for them. Our venting may not cause them one moment of concern, but maybe we can prevent others who love their campers they way we do from having to suffer the problems this company has caused us.
Loss

Camping World in San Antonio, Texas - Service in new braunfels and their manager suck

Ordered an awkning for my trailer and ask to install a rubber curtain lost a day because the specialist did not ordered the correct hardware and they did not advise on the correct size of the awkning. Took 8 hrs and they dis not install the curtain neither until I got there and made me wait 2 hrs more. Ordered it again and after a month they were not able to have it or call to update I called after 5 weeks and they confirmed that they had it there with the right colors on the linnen and the hardware. Drove 1 hr to take the trailer back and after 2 hrs waiting I saw that they were going to install a different style and wrong colors. The *** manager was not there and called to show that he don't care about the lies from his specialist, her lies and just backs up the lies telling that there are errors.
seibs

My husband are having the same problem with the Camping World in Meridian, Idaho. Our gas valve never worked on our brand new trailer we bought in March 2013 - we advised them 04/07 of the gas valve and we have been waiting since then for the replacement valve.

They have now ordered it for a THIRD time because each shipment before then was the wrong gas valve. Horrible follow through and customer service with this replacement!

Camping World - Terrible service in las vegas

had our class c in for oil change and minor repair 4 hours later we finally got it back after talking to service manager and general manager, then as we were leaving the service rep handed me a sheet of things that in his mind need to be done, my point is why not come and talk to us before giving us back the motorhome in case we decided to get more work done .we deal with camping world in Burlington Washington and they give us excellent service at all times we will not be going back to the vegas store again
Loss

Camping World in Chicago, Illinois - Lied to while going through cancer treatments

I took my RV to camping world at ST.Augustine FL. first lie Stephen Phillips I bought new tires no problem I told Steve while you have the tires off check the brakes he did not tell me there was a charge of $119.00 to check the brakes he did not tell me there was a charge of $212.00 to install the tires or $24.00 to balance which they never did balance all four tires or the disposal fee $24.00 Second lie Randy Hopson coolant flush no problem WO/2365286 I told Randy please check the belts the A/C belt was squeally I dropped my RV off and told Randy I was going to the Mayo clinic in Jacksonville for tests I would be back in three days to pick up if the belts were bad please replace because we were heading back home to Indiana when we got there we had to wait 3hrs because it was not ready Randy told us the belts were fine and they even titend all the belts that was a lie all they did was spray them with no squake and then charged me $59.50 plus shop supplies $28.80 plus $7.50 for shop towels I feel like I was taken I thought camping world a reputal company My cancer and treatments can be verified by the Mayo clinic in Jacksonville FL I do not have a reason to lie like they did they should be ashamed to do business that way

Camping World in Spokane, Washington - Extremely poor workmanship on awning

I took my Terry travel trailer in to the Wood Village, OR Camping World to have the fabric replaced on the awning. I had pre-ordered. After dropping the trailer off (85 miles each way) I was told that the fabric was the incorrect length and they would have to re-order. They wanted me to pay again for the fabric I had paid for in advance. Big argument with very rude service manager. Rude and finally no return phone calls. When I finally did get the RV back, they had bent the frame and parts were missing. Extremely poor workmanship and not even no apology for the work I had to have done elsewhere to fix the damage they had done.

Camping World - Rip OFF

Poor quality and unprofessional. Will never deal with them again. Give me my money back! Tried to tell me I had to take a 2014 pop up camper that wouldn't even slide back to close down. Then told me I am not getting my deposit back after sitting there for 2-1/2 hrs. I would recommend NOT to deal with Rick. If they did the prep work they would have known the camper had problems. The man who tried to show us how to take it down had no idea of what he is doing. Then told me he would fix it but had no idea what the problem was. We told them what the problem was before he could determine what to do. Obviously they do not know the product they are selling. All I want is my 1000.00 dollars back.

Camping world in Syracuse,ny

We have gone through so much stress this week dealing with rude people . They have our money,made us sign paperwork even before the loan was approved. now they don't care. If we back out they say they are keeping our down payment which is alot. We really hate these people down there. They don't even answer our calls down there and when they do, they are rude and *** They don't care what you have to say or how you feel about anything. They are very slow and not on top of things. We have never felt so screwed in our lives. Basically took our money, now ***. I do not recommend going to Camping world in Syracuse, N.Y unless you want to get screwed!!! We don't even have our camper yet and already feel bad!! I will never go back there and do any business. We just want to be done with them!! Our mistake. Should have gone somewhere else!!! Beware People!!!

your problems are only starting wait till you need service once you take possession they dont want to know anything they make all kinds of promises and nothing happens find another dealer I WILL NEVER GO BACK!!!!

My wife and I bought a camper from them in 2015 at the RV show and after we took it off the lot forget about coming back for any service. I found some small things that were wrong and it took forever to get them fixed.

I traded it in at a small local dealer near us and had nothing but a good experience and service any time we go in. I will never go back to Camping world and I have even talked others out of going there.

Everyone is very helpful during the purchasing process. BUT once it is your possession don't expect any assistance from the service or parts department.

Even though we were promised prompt assistance because we purchased a warren plan through them. I rate them a 2 1/2 stars.

These people are flat out thieves and should be in jail. Period!

#1120308

I wish I had read your comments before we started dealing with them. They have our down payment since September 2015 and we still have no RV and they never return our calls or answer, they seem to be busy all of the time.

They called and said that our RV was in and sent to Harrisburg PA for us to pickup and when we got there after 2 hour drive it was the wrong one and now they can't seem to find the one we ordered anywhere. Now they say it will be another 2-3 months before we even get it, because it needs to be remade. What kind of business are they trying to run. I am so upset and my husband keeps telling me to calm down.

They have tried to sell us RV's that are no where near what we ordered. The one they sent down to Harrisburg was pretty, but not what we ordered.

#1120360
@Anonymous

I am so sorry for you but you are not alone in dealing with Camping World!!

My advice, get your down payment back and go somewhere else.

You will save yourself alot of heartache and stress!

They are not a good business to deal with! Good Luck!!

I know your pain. But i think i know the root of the problem.

CORPORATE GREED. Giving all to management & sales, And sh**ing on there techs. Well at least there service techs. you know the guys that work on your BRAKES,TIRES,HITCHING & LP.

YEAH the things that you really want taken care of correctly. Maybe because your life is in there hands. Ever seen a unit after a LP explosion? It's not pretty.

And you are always wondering if anyone lived. But as i found out thru previous employees And other campers around the campfire. They only make like 16 too 20 dollars an hr which don't sound too bad. but when you take in account they work on a flat rate pay scale, most of the time they have work 50 hrs too only get payed 40.

AND WE HAVE TOO BE CHARGED $119.00 an hr. AND THEY SAY ITS TO PAY FOR THERE CERTIFIED TECHS! That's a joke! I asked the tech that worked on my unit if he was certified.

Or master certified his reply. I just got hired. WHAT!! I"m Paying $119.00 an hr For an non certified Tech!!

REALLY!! Also I understand there are two tech sides in the shop. The prep tech & the service tech. I was told the service techs are required to make all kinds of repairs and get shorted terribly in there pay.

And the prep techs to prepare the trailers for delivery and write warranty. Which I also found the more they write the more they get paid. Like 60 too 90 hrs a week! And you still have too return after purchase to have a service tech repair all the stuff the prep tech missed.

Or lied about fixing so they could make there 60 or 80 hrs. It was so much better when it was Myer's Rv before camping world bought them out. I've seen the changes thru the years there and it looks like its only getting worse. It finally got too the point that I just had too go else where for my service.

And my next A-class will be purchased else where also. I don't know about anyone else but I would have a lot more piece of mind if I knew that the tech working on my unit wasn't stressing about his pay and rushing to make his hrs for the week. But really who can blame them. Especially with N.Y.

taxes being taking out. I'm sure when these techs started this business they thought it would turn into a career not a job. I think the ones still there are just stuck and are looking for something else too come along. I Know I would.

But that will just mean more rotations in inexperienced non certified techs. But doesn't that really sound like the corporate racket. Take over and run it in the ground. If the Pres of Camping World really cares about his company he will realize that a change has too be made so his service techs pay.

who would want too have the responsibility of keeping a unit from blowing up. OR fiddling around in someones ***. Just to always wounder if there going to have enough to pay there bills. As for THE PROFIT.

Mr Marcis Lomenis I Hope He realizes He and the company he runs. Has been the main topic around the camp fires. Personally I hope change comes for the service techs soon. I have too drive 30 miles extra to go to Great Outdoors r.v..

But so far it has been worth it.

Knock on wood.

P.S.

If I sound like I'm on the service techs side.I am because not long ago i was one clearing an average of 1200 too 1500 a week as any certified tech should. bottom line if your company can not support an efficient system to pay your techs fairly then you need a different system.Maybe chill out on all the management bonus's

camping world charged over 350.00 for the prep charge on our new camper! when we received the camper, it was so dirty inside.

. had to clean the camper. what was the prep charge for? they said it was to get camper ready and to clean it.

not done.

they made out really good ripping people off. They continue to do this to people so beware of them.

Camping world gave us 10,000 dollars for our trade in and they are now asking almost 17,000 dollars. They should be ashamed of themselves.

our mistake that we have to live with. sometimes you do things that are really ***. this is one we did!!! They are ripping people off!!

I have heard from other people they don't give you anything for your trade in.

beware people and don't do the same blunder we did. make sure you know exactly what your camper is worth before you trade in because you can be ripped off!!!!

@Anonymous

Business 101 ....buy and sell for more. They need to inspect and fix your trade in and someone is going to come in and chisel the price down so they can ask whatever they want for it, doesn't mean they are going to get it. Why did you accept the deal then???

@screwy louie

Blame it on the president/reality star, Marcus.

He shows others how to run there company. When he cant run his own.

notice you don't see him take any time with his own camping world stores to make a show?

. He has to see the negative reviews on curtain stores on sites like these. That is all i have to say. no matter how much is written about these *** managed stores nothing is done.

its a broken system that will not change. OH YEAH. EVERYONE READY FOR $130.00 AN HR LABOR RATE! SO DON'T WASTE ANY TIME ON PAYING HIGHEST PRICE IN THE STATE FOR YOUR AGGRAVATION!

I think i will start a post to see if $65.00 an hour can get me started. *** i have 12 years experience. But then again there is always people with more money then brains. And will still go back to camping world.

probably the same kind of person that cant end an abusive relationship.

@screwy louie

The technician gets the trade then inspects it...always issues with trade ins like water damage that you People knew about and forgot to mention and any issues that are NYSI related that have to be fixed ...so yes the price has to go UP!

@screwy louie

that camper was like new!

View more comments (12)

Camping World in Riverside, California - Paid for tires RV broken in to

Left my RV at the San Bernardino Camping World for new tires and was told that it was ready but they were closing in a few. Advised them I could not make it in time and would pick it up the next a.m. I thought they would park it over night inside a work bay but they parked it to the rear of the business. No Security, security camers, fencing or night light which I was unaware of. Next day discovered it had been broken into and Camping World denies any responsibility not even for my deductible. They also neglected to inform me that they have had break ins and thefts in the past. Take your business elsewhere