Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Camping World in San Antonio, Texas - Service in new braunfels and their manager suck

Ordered an awkning for my trailer and ask to install a rubber curtain lost a day because the specialist did not ordered the correct hardware and they did not advise on the correct size of the awkning. Took 8 hrs and they dis not install the curtain neither until I got there and made me wait 2 hrs more. Ordered it again and after a month they were not able to have it or call to update I called after 5 weeks and they confirmed that they had it there with the right colors on the linnen and the hardware. Drove 1 hr to take the trailer back and after 2 hrs waiting I saw that they were going to install a different style and wrong colors. The *** manager was not there and called to show that he don't care about the lies from his specialist, her lies and just backs up the lies telling that there are errors.
seibs

My husband are having the same problem with the Camping World in Meridian, Idaho. Our gas valve never worked on our brand new trailer we bought in March 2013 - we advised them 04/07 of the gas valve and we have been waiting since then for the replacement valve.

They have now ordered it for a THIRD time because each shipment before then was the wrong gas valve. Horrible follow through and customer service with this replacement!

Camping World - Terrible service in las vegas

had our class c in for oil change and minor repair 4 hours later we finally got it back after talking to service manager and general manager, then as we were leaving the service rep handed me a sheet of things that in his mind need to be done, my point is why not come and talk to us before giving us back the motorhome in case we decided to get more work done .we deal with camping world in Burlington Washington and they give us excellent service at all times we will not be going back to the vegas store again
Loss

Camping World in Chicago, Illinois - Lied to while going through cancer treatments

I took my RV to camping world at ST.Augustine FL. first lie Stephen Phillips I bought new tires no problem I told Steve while you have the tires off check the brakes he did not tell me there was a charge of $119.00 to check the brakes he did not tell me there was a charge of $212.00 to install the tires or $24.00 to balance which they never did balance all four tires or the disposal fee $24.00 Second lie Randy Hopson coolant flush no problem WO/2365286 I told Randy please check the belts the A/C belt was squeally I dropped my RV off and told Randy I was going to the Mayo clinic in Jacksonville for tests I would be back in three days to pick up if the belts were bad please replace because we were heading back home to Indiana when we got there we had to wait 3hrs because it was not ready Randy told us the belts were fine and they even titend all the belts that was a lie all they did was spray them with no squake and then charged me $59.50 plus shop supplies $28.80 plus $7.50 for shop towels I feel like I was taken I thought camping world a reputal company My cancer and treatments can be verified by the Mayo clinic in Jacksonville FL I do not have a reason to lie like they did they should be ashamed to do business that way

Camping World in Spokane, Washington - Extremely poor workmanship on awning

I took my Terry travel trailer in to the Wood Village, OR Camping World to have the fabric replaced on the awning. I had pre-ordered. After dropping the trailer off (85 miles each way) I was told that the fabric was the incorrect length and they would have to re-order. They wanted me to pay again for the fabric I had paid for in advance. Big argument with very rude service manager. Rude and finally no return phone calls. When I finally did get the RV back, they had bent the frame and parts were missing. Extremely poor workmanship and not even no apology for the work I had to have done elsewhere to fix the damage they had done.

Camping World - Rip OFF

Poor quality and unprofessional. Will never deal with them again. Give me my money back! Tried to tell me I had to take a 2014 pop up camper that wouldn't even slide back to close down. Then told me I am not getting my deposit back after sitting there for 2-1/2 hrs. I would recommend NOT to deal with Rick. If they did the prep work they would have known the camper had problems. The man who tried to show us how to take it down had no idea of what he is doing. Then told me he would fix it but had no idea what the problem was. We told them what the problem was before he could determine what to do. Obviously they do not know the product they are selling. All I want is my 1000.00 dollars back.

Camping world in Syracuse,ny

We have gone through so much stress this week dealing with rude people . They have our money,made us sign paperwork even before the loan was approved. now they don't care. If we back out they say they are keeping our down payment which is alot. We really hate these people down there. They don't even answer our calls down there and when they do, they are rude and *** They don't care what you have to say or how you feel about anything. They are very slow and not on top of things. We have never felt so screwed in our lives. Basically took our money, now ***. I do not recommend going to Camping world in Syracuse, N.Y unless you want to get screwed!!! We don't even have our camper yet and already feel bad!! I will never go back there and do any business. We just want to be done with them!! Our mistake. Should have gone somewhere else!!! Beware People!!!

your problems are only starting wait till you need service once you take possession they dont want to know anything they make all kinds of promises and nothing happens find another dealer I WILL NEVER GO BACK!!!!

My wife and I bought a camper from them in 2015 at the RV show and after we took it off the lot forget about coming back for any service. I found some small things that were wrong and it took forever to get them fixed.

I traded it in at a small local dealer near us and had nothing but a good experience and service any time we go in. I will never go back to Camping world and I have even talked others out of going there.

Everyone is very helpful during the purchasing process. BUT once it is your possession don't expect any assistance from the service or parts department.

Even though we were promised prompt assistance because we purchased a warren plan through them. I rate them a 2 1/2 stars.

These people are flat out thieves and should be in jail. Period!

#1120308

I wish I had read your comments before we started dealing with them. They have our down payment since September 2015 and we still have no RV and they never return our calls or answer, they seem to be busy all of the time.

They called and said that our RV was in and sent to Harrisburg PA for us to pickup and when we got there after 2 hour drive it was the wrong one and now they can't seem to find the one we ordered anywhere. Now they say it will be another 2-3 months before we even get it, because it needs to be remade. What kind of business are they trying to run. I am so upset and my husband keeps telling me to calm down.

They have tried to sell us RV's that are no where near what we ordered. The one they sent down to Harrisburg was pretty, but not what we ordered.

#1120360
@Anonymous

I am so sorry for you but you are not alone in dealing with Camping World!!

My advice, get your down payment back and go somewhere else.

You will save yourself alot of heartache and stress!

They are not a good business to deal with! Good Luck!!

I know your pain. But i think i know the root of the problem.

CORPORATE GREED. Giving all to management & sales, And sh**ing on there techs. Well at least there service techs. you know the guys that work on your BRAKES,TIRES,HITCHING & LP.

YEAH the things that you really want taken care of correctly. Maybe because your life is in there hands. Ever seen a unit after a LP explosion? It's not pretty.

And you are always wondering if anyone lived. But as i found out thru previous employees And other campers around the campfire. They only make like 16 too 20 dollars an hr which don't sound too bad. but when you take in account they work on a flat rate pay scale, most of the time they have work 50 hrs too only get payed 40.

AND WE HAVE TOO BE CHARGED $119.00 an hr. AND THEY SAY ITS TO PAY FOR THERE CERTIFIED TECHS! That's a joke! I asked the tech that worked on my unit if he was certified.

Or master certified his reply. I just got hired. WHAT!! I"m Paying $119.00 an hr For an non certified Tech!!

REALLY!! Also I understand there are two tech sides in the shop. The prep tech & the service tech. I was told the service techs are required to make all kinds of repairs and get shorted terribly in there pay.

And the prep techs to prepare the trailers for delivery and write warranty. Which I also found the more they write the more they get paid. Like 60 too 90 hrs a week! And you still have too return after purchase to have a service tech repair all the stuff the prep tech missed.

Or lied about fixing so they could make there 60 or 80 hrs. It was so much better when it was Myer's Rv before camping world bought them out. I've seen the changes thru the years there and it looks like its only getting worse. It finally got too the point that I just had too go else where for my service.

And my next A-class will be purchased else where also. I don't know about anyone else but I would have a lot more piece of mind if I knew that the tech working on my unit wasn't stressing about his pay and rushing to make his hrs for the week. But really who can blame them. Especially with N.Y.

taxes being taking out. I'm sure when these techs started this business they thought it would turn into a career not a job. I think the ones still there are just stuck and are looking for something else too come along. I Know I would.

But that will just mean more rotations in inexperienced non certified techs. But doesn't that really sound like the corporate racket. Take over and run it in the ground. If the Pres of Camping World really cares about his company he will realize that a change has too be made so his service techs pay.

who would want too have the responsibility of keeping a unit from blowing up. OR fiddling around in someones ***. Just to always wounder if there going to have enough to pay there bills. As for THE PROFIT.

Mr Marcis Lomenis I Hope He realizes He and the company he runs. Has been the main topic around the camp fires. Personally I hope change comes for the service techs soon. I have too drive 30 miles extra to go to Great Outdoors r.v..

But so far it has been worth it.

Knock on wood.

P.S.

If I sound like I'm on the service techs side.I am because not long ago i was one clearing an average of 1200 too 1500 a week as any certified tech should. bottom line if your company can not support an efficient system to pay your techs fairly then you need a different system.Maybe chill out on all the management bonus's

camping world charged over 350.00 for the prep charge on our new camper! when we received the camper, it was so dirty inside.

. had to clean the camper. what was the prep charge for? they said it was to get camper ready and to clean it.

not done.

they made out really good ripping people off. They continue to do this to people so beware of them.

Camping world gave us 10,000 dollars for our trade in and they are now asking almost 17,000 dollars. They should be ashamed of themselves.

our mistake that we have to live with. sometimes you do things that are really ***. this is one we did!!! They are ripping people off!!

I have heard from other people they don't give you anything for your trade in.

beware people and don't do the same blunder we did. make sure you know exactly what your camper is worth before you trade in because you can be ripped off!!!!

@Anonymous

Business 101 ....buy and sell for more. They need to inspect and fix your trade in and someone is going to come in and chisel the price down so they can ask whatever they want for it, doesn't mean they are going to get it. Why did you accept the deal then???

@screwy louie

Blame it on the president/reality star, Marcus.

He shows others how to run there company. When he cant run his own.

notice you don't see him take any time with his own camping world stores to make a show?

. He has to see the negative reviews on curtain stores on sites like these. That is all i have to say. no matter how much is written about these *** managed stores nothing is done.

its a broken system that will not change. OH YEAH. EVERYONE READY FOR $130.00 AN HR LABOR RATE! SO DON'T WASTE ANY TIME ON PAYING HIGHEST PRICE IN THE STATE FOR YOUR AGGRAVATION!

I think i will start a post to see if $65.00 an hour can get me started. *** i have 12 years experience. But then again there is always people with more money then brains. And will still go back to camping world.

probably the same kind of person that cant end an abusive relationship.

@screwy louie

The technician gets the trade then inspects it...always issues with trade ins like water damage that you People knew about and forgot to mention and any issues that are NYSI related that have to be fixed ...so yes the price has to go UP!

@screwy louie

that camper was like new!

View more comments (12)

Camping World in Riverside, California - Paid for tires RV broken in to

Left my RV at the San Bernardino Camping World for new tires and was told that it was ready but they were closing in a few. Advised them I could not make it in time and would pick it up the next a.m. I thought they would park it over night inside a work bay but they parked it to the rear of the business. No Security, security camers, fencing or night light which I was unaware of. Next day discovered it had been broken into and Camping World denies any responsibility not even for my deductible. They also neglected to inform me that they have had break ins and thefts in the past. Take your business elsewhere
Loss

Camping World in Lakeport, California - Did damage to RV & did not do work paid for

In November 2012 I took my RV to the Vacaville, CA for generator repair and service to AC, hot h2o, refrigerator and a leak to my water lookup. They also were to service my leveling jack sensor. They also should have replaced the driver door latch. They kept my RV for over three months having issues with the generator. When I picked up my RV the women handling our check out was not willing to listen to our complaints of shabby work and damage to my RV. The screen door had finger prints that pushed the metal apart breaking the seams, then the windshield curtains on driver side was hanging on 1 hook full of grease, then the ignition switch was loose turning circles, the switchs for starting RV were all screwed up, then they said batteries for house were bad & they weren't, also 15 gallons of gas was missing, a storage compartment lock was missing and a tail light lens was missing. On the trip home my RV made a huge bang noise going up a hill & My mechanic has been unable to pinpoint the problem with a loss of, might be trans?? Then up on roof I inspected the AC unit and neither had been clean or serviced despite me paying for it. I then got out previous receipts and found when I had all 6 tires replaced I was charged for new valve stems & looked at my mechanics bill from a couple months after they did tires and I had to replace bad bad valve stems being cracked & old never replaced. The service. manager was returning, but she was very spotty on the phone. The whole thing is very overwhelming for me since I am a disabled person and Nashville is a 2-3 hour drive for me & I would have a hard time taking my RV back for service corrections & I don't know if RV could make it with the loss of power issue. It also looked on the. inside as if someone was living on my RV. I am just horrified by the long list of the things did and did'nt do. I feel they will not honor all the damage to my RV since I am working to restore it. This added to the huge list I already had has me just plain depressed, overwhelmed and shamed by what they did. I believe I paid for a lot of work that never was performed. But I paid them in full thousands of dollars and got damaged RV in return.
Loss

Camping World in Saint Cloud, Minnesota - Equalizer Hitch chinese fire drill fiasco

We ordered a new Equalizer hitch from Camping World in Rogers, Mn. Price was good plus would get an additional 10 per cent off if ordered on a certain day which we did. At that time set up a install on Tuesday, got there and no hitch and no discount on the bill. Service mgr. apologized and re set the install for Friday am. Said he would adjust the install charge because we had over 50 miles to drive. Got there Friday and left the truck and trailer. Hour later he called and said no hitch in stock but it would come in at 10am. By noon still no hitch. We left. Will never do any sort of business with them again. Stay with your local dealer.

Camping World - Terible customer service form Sirpliia RV Akron Ohio

Terrible, rude customer service and managment.We purchased a new camper in 2011 which supposedly came with a "full 2 year warranty" which they have refused to honor.They refuse to repair the sofa upholstry which began coming unsewn after a few months because we "sat on it". According to them, the warrany can be void if you actually use the unit for the purpose that it is intended. Buyer beware, even if the sticker on the unit and the paperwork that youhave from them says thst you have a "full"warranty you would be well advised to treat your purchase as an "as is" purchase with no warranty.
Tags