Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Camping World - Misrepresented trailer

We were first time buyers and unfortunately believed the Camping World sales team. We purchased a new Coleman trailer from Camping World Mesa with the understanding my car could pull it with no problem. They told us that our 2008 Hyundai Veracruz would have no issues pulling the trailer. A complete lie! We also had issues with the trailer (air conditioning leaked, pipe under sink not attached. I spent a full day sitting at their location so they could find a way to fix it. We returned the trailer after only 1 day use. We were told we would have no issue getting what we paid for it (or close) due to the floor plan and model. 5 months later they sold it for a loss of over $3500.00!

Do not buy a used unit in Columbia,Mo. They cover up water damages with false panels,take damaged parts off like they have never been there before,to sell you new ones if you do find it. This is to up grade you in buying new ones.Do quick fits to get it out the door.Cover ups hopeing you won't find it until it's to late,now it's your's.Buyer Beware

Camping World in Orem, Utah - Purchased new Keystone Fusion 80k

New Keystone Fuzion purchased in May was in the shop for the 1st 4 months with multiple issues. Customer service/service dept/Financing could not have been worse. We decided to trade in new junk for a used 5th wheel, we had to get our own financing for the second 5th wheel because our debt ratio was too high due to 1st 5th wheel that we were trading in? and had to pay tax and license again that cost additional 6k. My advice to all, Throw your money out the window on your way by Camping world. DO NOT STOP. If you do stop, you will get cheated by sales/service/financing. you would be better off blowing your brains out. it would be less painfull for you and your family
Review

Camping World in Seattle, Washington - Horrible Experience to say the least!

My husband and I went to camping world in Cocoa, FL in search of a new travel trailer. Even though we are a young couple we have been camping and hunting our whole lives and we also had a pocket full of cash to buy a new trailer that day! Our sales man Ty was horrible. Even though he carried a stock list on him he couldn't tell us the price of any of the trailers, where they were on the lot or the features. When we did ask him the price his standard answer was always on it's about $30,000. Also none of the features of the trailers were on display and or pricing. When we went to see bigger models he assumed we couldn't afford them and ushered us out to other models that we did not want to look at. When we narrowed our search down to the 4 trailers we were interested in the sales manager tried to sell us a new smaller trailer that A) we already own and B) we did not even want. What a huge waste of time! If your looking for friendly knowledgable service, upfront pricing with no hassles and or games DO NOT go to camping world you will not find it there!

Camping World are just scammers. They just want your money and to get you out the door.Good Sam's Club is a joke,they pay for parts but not labor.

The Ceo talks out both sides of his mouth. He is

just cares about his pocket money and futher his career as a TV

celb,on "the Profit".

We had a not-so-good experience at CW, Ocala. Paid $499 to clean the camper we chose and to assure everything was in working order. Damages to be repaired. Forget it. We were on the road 15 minutes when refrigerator wasn't working. A piece on the back hitch are needed welding and broke loose shortly after we hit the road. Other overlooked problems soon became apparent. We trusted the sales person, this being our first dealer RV purchase. The story is long, frustrating and expensive, so will stop now. Return calls from CW to us and the CW in Tallahassee were not received. Letter to new president of Good Sam never answered. Cost to CW - business of three potential referrals as well as one former client and US. Will never purchase from CW again, Judy P

#742042

Anonymous - we apologize for your experience at Cocoa. Your comments have been shared with the GM and we will use your comments to get better. Thank you.

RL Rahe

Camping World

View more comments (2)

Very poor experience with Strafford, Mo Camping World

Bought a 2011 Challenger 37kt (made by THOR MOTOR COACH) Elkhart, In. Bought this coach in October 2012. We have had nothing but problems with the large slide out. BEWARE of this COMPANY they are no good. We were able to camp 4 times this year 2013, because it has been in the shop in Strafford, Mo. back and forth to Strafford from Licking is all we have gotten to do with this coach. Dealing with Elkhart staff has been a night mare. They think that all we have to do is bring this thing to Elkhart. I'm pretty sure that was not in any of our paperwork when we bought it. Camping World is only interested in selling you a camper and then it is out of their loop. BE CAREFUL FOLKS DON'T GET IN THE SAME PREDICAMENT AS MY HUSBAND AND I IT HAS BEEN VERY STRESSFUL. IF ANYBODY HAS ONE OF THESE AND HAS HAD PROBLEMS WITH THE LARGE SLIDE OUT CONTACT ME AT gercindy5@outlook.com. VERY PISSED OFF IN LICKING, MO

Camping World in Carlsbad, New Mexico - Horrible Customer Service

We purchased a $100K, RV in Feb, they put in a solar panel system on in March that did not function very well and it took 1 1/2 months. We had hail damage in June it took 2 months to get estimate for our ins. and another to order parts. This is Nov. An still no RV and they haven't even started on our RV as of 11/6/13. No one will return our calls. So out of the 9 months we have had our new RV it has been in the shop for 5 of those months with no customer response

As an employee, all they talk about is numbers. Run you like a mule.

Don't care if it's fixed right just get it out the door, make it look good or rig it so it works for now. Cheap on RIVA

testing certs so numbers look good. Fraud! Management has no respect for employees.

If you not a yes person they curse you

or talk bad about you to other employees even in front of yours. No

morals. It's about management bonus money . They will do whatever it take to get the sale but after that hold your hand on ***.

Buyers beware in Columbia Mo.

Service Mgr. is a joke, smoking

mirrors.

GM ex Sales Mgr. so get it done and out the door.

Camping World Grain Valley Mo, HORRIBLE to deal with

I called to check on a used 5th wheel. I had several phone calls with the sales associate. I let him know that I will be living full time in the RV until the VA decides my disability claim after my 3 level fusion in my back. There were several nice looking photos on RV trader, and I ask Tim, how it the trailer mechanically. "Oh I've been selling trailers or in the business for 15 years, and this is one clean nice trailer". I am in southern Illinois, and will be driving out to purchase it. Upon arriving, I already knew that on Sunday they can not do any paperwork, so I will be getting a hotel room anyways. I show up after my 6 hours drive because I can't drive that fast with my back.They opened up at 10 AM, and there are 10 -/+ people coming and going into the store at 15 min till, so I walk in and ask if Tim was working today, and if so could they let him know that I was here. "We don't open for another 15 minutes, you can come in then and ask us, but we don't know if he is working or not"! I go ahead and leave the store and go to the RV that I was interested in purchasing. It was listed for mid range NADA value. I had agreed to a price about $500 below the low NADA value over the phone if the RV was in the condition that he said it was in. After getting to the RV, the door was left open all night, it didn't smell, but I wondered if it had. The RV wasn't cleaned at all inside or out. I mean dirty, there was still *** stains in the toilet, and if you opened the valve it was even worse, but at least the black tank was empty. Overall it was a decent RV, except for the following: 1. Both slides seals were ripped on the top and the sides 2. the tires I would not trust to drive off the lot (several flat spots and metal cord showing 3. the spare tire had 1 or 2 layers of cord cut through where the weight of the trailer had blown out the tires and this one cut into the support frame on the trailer. I have no idea how it held air even. 4. All 4 springs were bent about 2" on all axles from being loaded overweight. 5. discolored floor under the fridge from leak, and very soft floor 6. the model I was looking at was a Keyston Cougar, and both front sides were delaminated where it is common from the marker lights leaking and causing the fiberglass to delaminate from the frame/wood support structure. 7. None of the appliances had been checked since being on the lot I inform Tim of the issues when he shows up 30 minutes later. "Sorry my daughters car battery was dead and took me a few minutes to go and replace it". REALLY? I know that life happens, but just be honest and say the real reason. He said well it is a great used unit, and didn't know why I was upset with driving 400 miles to look at this RV when it was in horrible mechanical shape. I told him I for sure wasn't paying the price that was negotiationed prior to coming out, and that the spare tire and tires are not great, but I would not buy the trailer without at least a useable spare. He replied, "Well it was nice knowing you", jumped onto his little golf cart and drove off. I drove back to the store and a previous salesman came up to me, and I asked if the manager was around today. I spoke with him, and finally had agreed that if they could get me a spare, that I would still purchase the trailer. Well they went to "borrow" from 2 other units that they had used on the lot, but their tires were even worse! I guess that is the practice there, but I was amazed that they would even leave that tire aired up, to me if it was in my truck bed, I would deflate it because I would suspect it would blow up. I went ahead and started to do the paperwork to return Monday morning to do the financial portion of it. The other salesman, I asked, if I purchase this, who will get the sales commission? He said "that is up to the store manager, I do know that I won't be getting the full amount, nor do I know if I am getting any at all". He had agreed to bring the RV up to the building in the morning, and hook it up and check all the appliances. I saw on his inventory sheet, that this RV has sat on the lot for 45 days, and was a wholesale unit! They were not going to put any time nor money into that they didn't have to, and to me it was in NON roadworthy condition! I know that if i was pulled over, I would not been allowed to continue on with the condition of the tires. I asked the other saleman, since it was going to be up here, can someone at least jack up one of the wheels, because I would like to take one drum off, and check to see what condition the brakes are in. I don't want them to be inspecting it, I personally want to know the condition. He went and asked, "we can't do that". I wasn't negotiating any price, I wanted to KNOW what stopping power I was going to get out of the 9,500 pounds that I was going to be pulling behind me. After getting my hotel room, I thought why am I even here, first impressions is usually how I go through life on. This one was horrible, and I didn't feel comfortable giving this rude man any money from the sale of this RV that they had not even checked out. Who was to say that the gas lines didn't have a slow leak? Both LP tanks were empty. I ate dinner, and then got to sleep and woke up several times due to pain from the 6 hour drive. I finally get up at 0300, and decided to hit the road and come home. I get just west of St. Louis, and I call them at 1005 on Monday morning to inform the manager that I had thought things over, and even though things were smoothed over, I felt that the trailer was a dangerous investment and I would not need it brought up and inspected and hooked up or cleaned. He wasn't too happy, he said well we had pulled it up and already started on it, I said well if you had did that within a few days of it coming onto your lot, you would be selling is this morning, so just consider this a thank you for the next customer who will come and look at it. I called camping world, and let them know of my experience. I also called and spoke with whom ever was over safety. I sent them 2 pictures of the spare tire, and they seen no real issue, because it was a used unit! REALLY? I received an email about 3 days later, saying "Sorry for your bad experience, here is $10 coupon to use at your next visit to one of our stores nationwide" Oh, $10 doesn't pay for the $300 in fuel I wasted to look at a un-safe RV. I responded and said, " I will never spend another dime in your stores, and if you were to have a part that I needed to get back on the road, I would happily wait DAYS to get one from someone else, and the $10 coupon is an insult for the rudeness of your employees. I've never had a response to that email 2 months later. I will never shop Camping World, they are just like most big box stores... I had read elsewhere about the rudeness of the salespeople, but from my conversation on the phone, I thought that someone must have just been mad at someone. I was wrong. Please support someone else, if they have a used trailer, it maybe a wholesale unit and after speaking with the 2nd salesman, they have people who drive wholesale RV's from lot to lot, to try and push them so it appears that their inventory "changes". PLEASE DON'T GIVE THEM ANY OF YOUR BUSINESS!

I agree. We purchased a new camper last year with them.

we still are waiting to have things fixed that were discussed when we drove it off the lot new. I have contacted corporate, they do nothing but refer you back to Grain Valley. I will never purchase from them again.

Its disgusting to spend $35,000. on a new product and No one in there company seems to care.

Tags
  • rude employee
  • Dangerous RV

Camping World - Employee mistreated

I have worked for a lot of companies multi million dollar companies prior military at that, and my major complaint is towards mistreatment of employee's. I have never had issue's in any other position in my life then what I had at this company. I was pulled into the office regularly by the manager position was threatened at least 2-3 times a week. I was also pulled into the office and accused of getting the position and false accused of nonsense regularly. The place was ran by a crude manager that always tried to intimidate his employee's and young girl that was bitter and not at all nice. Any complaints about such to the corporate in turn is ignored, and personally a majority of this treatment is what causes the employee's to not care. Frankly I am glad I am elsewhere and do not suggest anyone work for these people and find a company that does care about the customers as well as the employee's.

Camping world SUCKS I'm a ex employee and it's the worst place to work. Marcus care nothing about his employees.

Just about the $.

*** him.

So true. Could not have said it better

Another Camping World employee, from VACAVILLE, CA under the leadership of KIMBERLY HOOVER: DITTO and worse! She never quit calling me into her office for *** rumors, accusations that never manifest, overall just being a wench!!!!!

Totally harassing, threatening, and a liar!!! Good luck FRESNO, she's coming your way in DECEMBER----RUN!!!!!!

LTCC

Slow your roll mikebrady or you are gonna blow a gasket.....this is one of the better posts.....it gets worse..

@LTCC

My gasket was blown around the same time everybody started using the internet.

@LTCC

LOL---I can't imagine it getting worse when you live it everyday until you almost lose your sanity!! Customers also deserve so much more!! Camping World rip off artist ALERT!!!

MikeBrady

For God's sake please learn the difference between possesive and plural!! There is no need for an apostrophe on a plural word!

When you are writing about something that belongs to someone, you use an apostrophe - "I got the employee's checks ready" vs "I have many employees". Do you see the difference?

@MikeBrady

Oops! THat should be "I got the employees' checks ready"

View more comments (7)

Camping World - NO MATTRESS,, NO TV REMOTE

I purchased a NEW Winnebago Vista 35f, the mattress has a serious concave, which was covered with the original bedding. The first night I purchased a new queen mattress which is too long, but did well for our first weekend. I called Camping World of GULF BREEZE,Fl, I was told to bring the mattress to them, and they will get me a new one from Winnebago, I had to take out the new mattress due to the length. I now have NO mattress. OH!!! By the way the TV remote to the kitchen TV is still missing and I CANNOT use that TV. I cannot use my new $107.000 RV because of the VERY poor service of Camping World... I am very sorry to have delt business with Camping World. For all of you who are considering a RV,,,RUN!!!!!! Don't walk. There are much better RV dealers out there.
Loss

Camping World still has our down payment for a camper that we didnt purchase.

Hi, I would like to share an experience that my girlfriend and I had at Camping World in Hanover Pa. We spent several months looking for a tent camper, on 10/12/13 (Saturday) we drove up to Camping World in Hanover Pa. to look at a 2007 Jayco tent camper that was advertised for $3,999.When we got there a salesman by the name of Lou Astuto showed us several tent campers and when we looked at the Jayco tent camper the price on the camper was $4,999. I asked him why it was 1,000 more than advertised online, after doing some research Lou discovered that the Jayco we were looking at was a 2009 and he had no idea where the 2007 Jayco was but he told us not to worry because he could sell us the 2009 for the same price. Well after filling out some paper work Lou came back into his office and said he couldn't sell us the camper for $3,999, he told us that we could have it for $4,300. My girlfriend I talked for a few minutes and decided we would buy it for the $4,300 so we filled out all the paperwork and Lou took our $1,500 down payment (Check) and our licenses and went to make copies of them, when he returned he told us that he got his butt chewed out for marking the camper down to $4,300.He told us everything was fine and not to worry. I explained to Lou we really wanted to go camping the following weekend and he reassured us that we would have the camper by the beginning of the week. Monday came and we realized it was Columbus Day and the banks were all closed, Tuesday came and we called Lou and he informed us the Finance manager was not in but he again assured us that everything was fine. (by the way, the $1,500 down payment that we made by check was cashed that same Tuesday). Wednesday we called Camping World and were told that Lou was not in and to call back Thursday. Thursday my girlfriend called in at lunch time and guess what, Lou told her that he was still waiting to hear from the bank, when I got home from work I called Lou and he told me that he hadn't heard back from the bank and the Finance manger was not in AGAIN!. I told Lou that I heard enough excuses and that we wanted our money back. He told me no problem, he told me that he was going to walk over to the finance office and request our money back. I asked Lou how they could legally cash our down payment check before the deal was done. Guess what he told us, that whenever a down payment is made it gets sent to corporate and cashed right away because that's company policy. Well here's where this experience gets me really angered. It is now 10/29/13 and we still do not have our money. It’s been 17 days since we wrote that check and we still don't have our money back. We have called Lou, we have called the finance manager, we have called Corporate and guess what, that's right, we are still waiting for our money. We were told on 10/24/13 that a check would arrive in our mail box on 10/25 or 10/26 at the latest, guess what , no check. Today (10/29/13) my girlfriend called and guess what she was told, it should be in our mail by tomorrow. I'm not a betting man but I am willing to bet you that $1,500 dollars, I'll bet you that we don't get that check tomorrow. We told the gentleman today at Camping World that we are through calling them to see where out money is. Our next step will be letting our attorney handle this. By the way, Camping World has not only lost us as a customer because of this, a good friend of mine who was considering buying a camper from Camping World has decided to take his business else where. Well there's my story, I bet it doesn't get posted on CampingWorld.com
WildBird172

We just had a similar situation here with the Camping World in Raleigh, NC (Garner, NC physical address). We left a check for $1,000.00 on a Sunday and it was cashed within two days.

It was just to hold the RV, but we NEVER signed any papers or agreement. When we told them we weren't going to finance through them they stopped all communication with us. We were treated very poorly once we told them we were going to pay cash. It was like they didn't want to sell it to us as they make most of their money through financing directly with their Banks.

I fear I will never see that $1,000.00 again unless we secure the services of an Attorney. I would NEVER, EVER purchase from this Camping World, nor any other for that matter.

I too are waiting on a refund from a "holding deposit " they required but after the price went up almost $10000 we said forget it! Same story, it will be returned asap!

Still waiting after 10 days! To anyone looking to buy an rv don't go there.

They insist on you financing thru their banks for the longest time, add on prepping fees,instruction fees , ect. Watch out & run away!

We were approved through a personal bank for 50k rv. Went in for one fully expecting to leave with one.

They refused to let me buy it unless I let their bank try to beat mines value.

After all the 2nd they said we'd have to do a down payment to even find out their rates! So happy we walked out!

Yes it got posted that just makes me gossomewhere else Itravel the uUnited States cause of my job I will and won't be buying any kind of rRVs from them

Was this ever resolved?

Deb9962

I had problems there also. They make excuses and don't offer any solutions,shame on them!...

LTCC

Betting you never do get the check in the mail.....best get that attorney....or drive up there and stand on the managers desk

Well here it is the 31st of Oct. an we still dont have our money back. We gave the check on the 12 th

View more comments (7)

Camping World in Whittier, California - Motor vehicle accident

A customer of camping world struck my vehicle in a rented motorhome. They paid for insurance to cover accidents. Camping World apparently has only one employee in risk management and they are unable to process , handle or deal with any claims. They can't even return a phone call. My family will never rent from them. I would hate to think someone could have been seriously hurt and this company cannot take responsibility. I can't believe they want to pay additional costs by having to go to court and get sued over a minor incident. Very poor customer service and representation of their company . Possibly a civil judgement will resolve their future handling of claims.
$2000