Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Camping World in New Braunfels, Texas - Purchase

We were looking to purchase a trailer pull RV. Our salesman told us to lie about our income, which we didn't. When he submitted out information to be approved it was approved. We got our down payment and went to do the transaction with the loan officer. The loan manager wanted us to show proof of income. No problem, we are more than willing. When we showed proof the Liam manager said our information was submitted stating we made 7k more a month than we do. This upset us very much. Everything had to be resubmitted for approval. We were told it would be three hours and we'd hear back. It's been two days now and we still have not heard back nor have they return our calls. We will NOT do business with them again.
GoodSamCareTeam

I would like to apologize for all the problems you have experienced. If able please send me a email with your contact information.

We would like help in this matter.

Mark

goodsamcs@goodsamfamily.com

Review

Camping World in Germantown, Maryland - DISORGANIZED CUSTOMER SERVICE AND SERVICE DEPARTMENT

ALOT OF HIDDEN ITEMS WRONG WITH TRAILER THAT WAS SUPPOSE TO BE BRAND NEW. Taken in and 13 items had to be repaired. in which all werent done. they stapled curtain up instead of fixing plastic clips, wronf color stain on a 12 in or more scratch in cabinet door, puddy all over ceiling in trailer, table wrong 1 and warped. fridge door warped , the list goes on and on. repair took over a month, got back and was closing up and noticed a 1/2 inch or more seam in metal on slideout. called and was told account would be noted so it would be covered under warranty, bring in spring. was told no notes in file. call company they say bring down and take pics and send in., trailer there 3 weeks and no one looked at, my husband says let anyone look at, it was getting close to time to put back in permanent spot. was called next day with a almost $1000 bid to fix. said nothing was covered. debris under rubber roof, seam that big is our responsibility to maintain. OUR YOU KIDDING ME, THIS IS NOT NORMAL/. THE TRAILER WAS USED FOR 6 MONTHS IN A PERMANANT SPOT, IT SHOULD NOT HAVE A GAP IN THE METAL THAT WIDE AND THERE SHOULD BE NO DEBRIS UNDER THE ROOF.. SO NOTHING WAS DONE. I WILL NOT EVER BUY FROM CAMPING WORLD OF BUFFALO WHICH IS IN HAMBURG, NY AND WILL DO MY BEST TO DETER ANYONE FROM PURCHASING A TRAILER FROM THEM. WILL NOT RECOMMEND, QUITE THE OPPOSITE. ONCE THEY GET YOUR SALE, ITS" OH WHO ARE YOU?" DISHONEST, DISORGANIZED, ALL OF DISTASTE!!
Loss

Camping World - Watch out for hidden fees!

I needed my awning fabric replaced and Camping World was on along the route. They quoted $340 and a "special" Good Sam member installation fee of $39. This seemed fair until they started adding "shop fees" and previously non-disclosed $95 shipping fees for product they were scheduled to have in the store as regular inventory. No thanks. Called the dealership where I purchased the trailer. They quoted an up front installation fee of $150 and $240 for the fabric, including shipping and I didn't have to be a member of anything. Camping World was $11 less until you added over $100 in non-disclosed charges. I also noted at the service desk that the labor rates were $129 per hour. You can guess who got my business.
Review

Camping World in Avondale, Arizona - They lie and mislead you.

They had my rig for over six months.I have a 2003 fleet wood Discovery. They were to install a slide topper on the passenger side. It was on sale and included instillation. I Was told it would take one to three days. They destroyed my slide rail because they cut the rail at the end of the topper ends.They said they could not get the topper to slide out.They were going to pull the track and slide off in one piece. I had to have it and said get it patched up. They had already had it for several weeks. When I got it home I used Joy dish-washing detergent sprayed it several times and it slide out. What they did caused water to leak in from their unethical and irresponsible workmanship, They didn't even caulk it correctly. If there is such a thing as workmanship you will not have it at this location. I Advise you and any one that values their unit STAY AWAY. I don't have tell those of you that used this facility.There is many other issues they screwed up while they had it. One other thing. I picked it up a month ago. They had to repair the door awning they screwed up too. The wire that runs the motor was sticking out of the bottom of the unit. I discussed this with the guy that worked on it. He advised me that it was installed correctly. I told him he is wrong. He became very angry and vocal, I knew they did't care then. Any way I took it home and made proper install. What a bunch of losers.To top it off the service manager got involved. He said he would repair the awning and replace the track. The track was never touched. The guy who said he worked on the track said he re-caulked all the bolts holding on the track. He lied again. Same guy that worked on the awning. I looked at it with him .They must think we the customers are not smart enough to see through their Bull ***. He never did no such thing. I am now doubting the the faith I have in good SAM.

Camping World - Finance guy was inappropriate sales man nice

We went to camping world of Longmont co with every intention of buying a new camper. We also had a trade in. So we put down a thousand dollars to hold our camper until we came back after the weekend with our other camper from tx. We filled out the information they needed and they did a credit check "which is perfect" We told them how much my husband made. This all happened in one day. So we left and let them figure numbers out. They didn't ask us that day for proof of income so we didn't think much of it. But we received an email from our salesman who didn't fully read the email he received and then forwarded us from the finance guy named Tod. It said all the things we needed to do to get it as well as proof of income which we would have had no problem doing. Bit at the end of the email it said "What He Claims To make" It wasn't meant for us to see the salesman apologized and said he should have read all before doing so and he was sorry. Which he's a nice guy. Guess we didn't look as is if my husband made 350,000 a year. So we won't be buying from your company.
Review
Camping world , i am wondering i have never in the past checked out their prices so the other day i decided to buy a RV on-the-go water softner , i looked on line and found it for under$200.00 delivered . I went to camping world to have a look they were $275.00 plus...

Actually this is not true. The person he spoke with is MISSINFORMED.

It is camping world policy to honor the campingworld.com price. However, if the Internet price has an added shipping cost, the store must also add that to the honored price. Lastly, there ARE products that are available ONLY ON THE INTERNET. The store cannot even have the item delivered to the store...but those products aren't even stocked in the store.

If you encounter issues like the person above indicated, as to speak to the retail GM. I work there and do this all day long.

View more comments
Loss
My experience with Camping World of Denver: My wife and I purchased a brand new 2013 Jayco J-Series 1206 tent trailer on December 19, 2013. The intent was to give the kids a surprise on Christmas morning. We arranged to pick up the trailer the evening of December...

I totally agree with what this consumer is talking about as I just went through a similar experience with the Idaho Falls, ID location. Horrible salesmanship there with the saleswoman that I was having to deal with.

Still waiting on the return of my hold deposit she told me she would NOT charge to my card unless they could come up with the numbers I could agree with BEFORE they hit my credit report. Well they did charge my card immediately taking the funds out of the debit side of the card instead of running as a visa like she claimed she would do IF I agreed to the final figures they came up with. I have asked repeatedly daily what the figures are and still have not been told what they were as well they hit my credit report without my permission. She said she would get with me with figures BEFORE running my credit.

She intercepted every attempt I made to talk to the person doing the financing so I never got to talk to them. I told her to get those funds back in my account and where she could go as she could not answer one question without telling a lie. Turned out the rig I was looking at I ran a vin check on it and it came back with five salvage reports on that vin number that they claimed they had a clean title for. Very bad business ethics on their part.

When I called her on the vin she suddenly stopped communicating. I am located in Colorado and have not even been allowed to go up there to look at the rig because she did not want me there until the financing was finished. NOT how I work. Those funds were only supposed to be for 'holding' the rig until I could get up there to look at it which was to have been scheduled for this next week.

After half a day I finally got to have a word with the sales manager who claimed he refunded the funds to my account. I am still waiting to see the funds in my bank account. I also want to note that I was told that the corporate office was in Denver, CO however when I googled the location of the actual corporate office I got one location in Kentucky and another in Illinois. None of the locations for Denver had the words Corporate office connected with them.

I was told that a guy named Mark from the Denver corporate office would be calling me today at the latest. That call never came through.

Tomorrow I am going to be the Corporate offices worst nightmare until those funds actually show back up in my bank and until they learn just because I am a female senior citizen they cannot get away with taking advantage. We DO HAVE OUR RIGHT TO BE TREATED WITH RESPECT AND DIGNITY!

View more comments
Review

Camping World in Golden, Colorado - Worngful Termination. Retaliation. Sexuall Harrassment.

I worked at camping world, golden. I was slapped in the face by a tech, I was grabbed in the *** by a parts counter person, I was poked in the face with a 6 foot metal rod. I went to management to file a complaint, and I was told "you can resign or we can fire you". as time went on the situation got worse, I kept asking them to please do something about the situation, and they never did. Camping World protects and harbors hostile employees. you tell me if this was right or wrong? anyone know a good lawyer in Denver?
#872067

Go to www.eeoc.gov for instructions on filing a charge.

I AM CURRENTLY AN EMPLOYEE AT CAMPING WORLD AND I THINK THESE ALIGATIONS ARE NOT ONLY HILARIOUS THEY ARE VERY UN TRUE. I OR FELLOW EMPLOYEES NEVER WITNESSED THESE SITUATIONS.

THIS IS JUST THE RESULT OF A DISGRUNTLED FORMER EMPLOYEE LOOKING TO STIR UP TROUBLE. :zzz

@PRINCESS

Call (877) 378-6885 and ask for Donnie Wagner, GM.

ask for Zane, ask him if he grabbed an employee.

ask for Lance, ask him if he slapped an employee.

ask for Guy, ask him if he poked someone one in the face.

none of these people deny what they did. the problem is what management didn't do.

so, Princess, ask Donnie if the following is true and what he did in regards to the situation.

next, email mlemonis@campingworld.com and ask your CEO what he did when he was aware of the situation.

please report what both of them have to say. thank you,

Well? did you call?

did you write Marcus? and what happened?

OSHA FINDINGS

"VIOLENCE IN THE WORKPLACE"

enjoy the entire story in art form:

GM Donnie Wagner, Golden CO

dwagner at campingworld dot com mlemonis at campingworld dot com

michaelspencer_2014

Lance the tech slapped me.

Zane the parts counter grabbed me in the breast.

Guy the tech, poke me in the face.

Marcus, the CEO, did nothing to resolve the situation.

DO NOT SUPPORT CAMPING WORLD, EVER.

HARBORS HOSTILE EMPLOYEES.

View more comments (5)

Camping World in Tampa, Florida - 30 days in the shop for 2 small repairs

Camping World in Dover Fl. Our RV has been there since JAN. 23 2014. Today is Feb. 21 2014. It was there for just 2 simple warranted work repairs. The DVD player and a adjustment on the inside of the slide-out. After calling the Customer Service Dept. twice a week ( because they do not return your calls ) for 3 weeks. We then ask to speak to their Manager. And then the Manager calls back and said he will find out what's going on when the guys gets back from lunch. Now this is 11:30 in the morning. At 5:00 that night ( I wish I had a long lunch like that. ) The call was that our RV is ready to be pick up the next day. We could not pick it up that day do to a doctor appointment. So we want the day after. Was there around 9:00 in the morning. They could not find the paper work. Did the Manager come to see us after being paged ? NO he did not. Finely we got our RV back around 12:00. But NO keys. The keys were never put on the tag in the pouch, because 2 tags were in the pouch with the paper work. So we now had to wait for new a new set for keys to be made. It's is the Customer Service Dept. that needs some very serious Communication repair work done. The CEO of Camping World needs to get them ORGANIZE before it's too late and Customer go other places to have work done and to Buy RV. There is a breakdown at almost every step in the process. It's just absolutely unacceptable. And the word will get out as other campers talk to each other all the time. I am still thinking about posting this on my Face Book Page. 2 small repairs 30 DAYS. Because I think of lost paper work .
GoodSamCareTeam

We would like help in this matter.

Mark

goodsamcs@goodsamfamily.com

Yes they needed some help but they have a new boss and he is the best in FL . Things are changing

ask to meet his name is MARK H :)

Camping World is a joke. Marcus is too busy giving away money to people who dont need it, as oppose to helping his own company within. I guess when you realize what you're doing is a failure, one must reach out to new adventures.

View more comments (2)
Review

Camping World treats employees worse than it does customers

This company is run by a bunch of money hungry liars. They promise you the moon to get you to join them and then never follow through on the promises made. All camping world is about is putting money in their own pockets and screwing the employees out of every penny they can. They never compliment you for a job well done and no matter how much you do, it is never enough for them. Marcus Lemonis came to the store and never took the time to say hello to even one employee. I think that says it all.

I am a former employee of Camping World. I started before Marcus Lemonis was around and left after he

took over.

My how the company changed; for the worse. They don't care about their customers or their

employee's, just the dollars.

Marcus came to my store for a visit, and before he got there we all were told not talk to him, take pictures or ask him for his autograph. We were only to speak to him if he speaks to us.

I've never heard of anything like this before. This made me loose respect for the company.

Mr. Lemonis does not care about any employee except management!!!

This company is the worst to work for. No raises, no holiday pay not even the day off for holidays except Christmas & Thanksgiving, no bonus, no room to grow. If you do get promoted a demotion is soon to follow!

It shows in the attitude of the employees, and the work they do. WORD TRAVELS FAST IN CAMPGROUNDS!!!!

This is from and long time employee. Unhappy Customers (Next)

Unhappy employees (Next)

This is really true in Gulf Breeze Florida. Employees are treated like Day Care Children and the poor salesmen haven't got a chance.

This is a true statement. when Lemonis came to our grand opening he said nothing to any of us employees however he did tell the crowd that if they had any problems with the blue shirts (us) to let him kow and we would be dealt with....gee Marcus you are so welcome for all we did to get ready for your pathetic entrance

@Anonymous

Marcus is a greedy son of a bi**h who only looks out for his bank account..

View more comments (5)