Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Camping World in Jacksonville, Florida - Poor Customer Interaction and Damage to Coach

Worst experience ever using the Jacksonville Florida service center. I had a minor manufacturer recall and a leak on the dash air that I took to CW at Jacksonville, FL. This was a first time using CW service to see how good they might be. Nice check in, call from the guy that checked me in to let me know the recall had been done. The A/C leak was minor and easy to repair but recommended system flush while there which I authorized. That was the good stuff. Later that day I called several times to get the status on the MH to see when it would be ready to pick up. No answer at service desk. Left message to call. No call. Finally went there before closing to check on it and no one was at the service desk. Finally got someone and paid for the service. The service desk guy couldn't find anyone to bring the coach up to the building so he had to take me to it. When we got to it he handed me a set of keys that weren't mine and after searching for several minutes no keys could be found. I had a hidden spare to lock the door and had to leave it there for the night in hopes that they could find the keys the next day. Luckily, they located the keys and I was able to pick it up. I did set down with the General Manager to let him know how disappointed I was with their service department. He apologized and gave me a $20 off coupon for the store. Whoopee!. Now here's the rest of the story. The first time I tried the leveler system after it was at CW I found the passenger side rear jack broken. I'm sure the service tech used the levelers to jack up the MH when working on it. I can't prove that and they won't ever admit it but that's what happened. CW service at Jacksonville, FL sucks. I won't be back.

Man these customers come up with the craziest accusations. I mean a company of this size surely has heavy duty jacks to lift a motor home.

But what's funny though Is there are customers that improperly use their jacks all the time, sounds like that is what happened here and the customer just wanted to blame it on the company. Either that or you hit something and didn't feel it

After reading your comments I am sure they are happy you are not going back either.

Tags
  • Damage during service

Camping World - Repair Review from Oak Park, Illinois

The gray tank on our travel trailer sprung a leak, and had to be replaced. Camping world Island Lake Illinois replaced the gray tank. We have the extended warranty, which states that repairs and labor for the gray tank are included in the Cobbleridge. Camping world charged the insurance $500, and charged us $250 for the repair and installation, which they said the insurance would not cover. We talked to the service department, and the service manager, but they seemed unwilling to follow up. Customer's service was poor! We asked them why we were charged $250 for the repair which was supposed to be covered, and they only said, "they don't cover everything."Also, the service rep at the counter was supposed to have the service manager call us. When the service manager didn't call us, we left at least four voicemails for him. When we did eventually reach him through the service department phone, he claimed he had never heard of our dilemma. When we explained the problem, that we had been billed $250 for a covered repair, his response was that the insurance just doesn't cover everything.

Camping World in Conway, New Hampshire - Unhappy with Camping World Service

We ordered a brand new Thor Motorcoach Siesta RV on 2/5/2014 from Camping World in Conway, NH. We were told it would take 10 weeks. We started sending emails to the salesperson, Jesse, starting at 10 weeks. He did not know what the status was every time I asked for the status. After 14 weeks I sent an email stating we wanted our money back if it wasn't delivered by the following weekend (Memorial Day weekend). Jesse called me 2 days later saying the RV was on the lot and set up a delivery date for Saturday of Memorial Day weekend. Great! We were finally getting our RV! On Saturday we completed the financing paperwork and then had the walk-thru. After being at Camping World approx. 4 hours we drove home - 1 1/2 hours away. My husband hooked up the water hose to put water in the tank and water spurted out everywhere. The nozzle was cross threaded! He fixed it. Then after filling the tank to about 1/3 full, water spurted out on the ground. He looked under the vehicle and found a gray conduit laying on the tailpipe. He lifted the conduit and found about 1 foot section had burned through the conduit and exposed many wires. At this point we were very nervous to use the RV. After further looking underneath he found the diesel fuel lines hanging down. Both the conduit and fuel lines were never clamped up. These were not the fault of Camping World, however, they should have found these problems during their technical review before we purchased it. My husband did some investigating for the water problem and found that the drain was left open at the factory. There is no way Camping World had checked this - even though they told us they did! We brought the RV back to Camping World 4 days later (5/29/14). We had emailed the Service Writer Matthew all the issues with the RV. He said he'd have a tech go through the RV then have the Warranty person write them up and send them to Thor. He also told us that the conduit would have to be replaced by Thor. All LIES!! We finally got the RV back on 7/16/14. The only Warranty items listed were the ones the Warranty person had found originally and the conduit. We had told them that there was a broken bulb in one of the ceiling lights, fuel lines were temporarily strapped up by my husband, air ducts over the cab bunk wasn't working. None of these items were fixed. We're so fed up with the service at Camping World. All we get are lies from them. When we brought the RV home, one of the inside back tires was flat. We don't know if it was flat when we left the lot or not. Rather than deal with Camping World, we went to a Tire Dealer and had the tire fixed (screw in the tire). My husband bought and replaced the light bulb, fixed the door that was difficult to open at times. This is a brand new vehicle and did not expect to have these kind of issues. After reading some reviews it looks like used RVs are no better. Yesterday one of the windows in the bedroom detached from the opening mechanism - the window just blows in the breeze. I'm still waiting to find out when this can be fixed. We do not blame Camping World for the defects, as the defect issues belong to the manufacturer - Thor Motorcoach. But, we are very unhappy with the service we are getting from Camping World. We wished we had found this site before we bought any vehicle from them. BUYERS BEWARE!

Camping World - Warranty Review

My husband and I live in the Asheville NC area. We wanted to buy a motor home from our local Camping World but could not find one priced reasonably. I visited a friend in Savannah GA and went by their Camping World and found one I thought was priced right and seemed nice. It was a 2010 with only 10800 miles. My husband came with me to Savannah to check it out and we ended up purchasing it. Oh my what a mistake!! We even bought an extended warranty to supposedly cover everything but that is a joke. Nothing but problem after problem. The strangest thing is it was advertised as a 2010 but when we take it in for repairs they tell us that it goes back as far as 2008 so the warranty doesn't cover it. How can they advertise a 2010 when it really isn't. I'd like to hear something positive from Camping World. Have any of you heard anything?

Check your state for

the Lemon Law. It covers motorized Rv's.

We bought out new 2011 Thor Challenger from them and paid over 7 grand for the warranty. Avondale Camping World had our rig more during the first two years of ownership than we had it.

Thor was helpful, but if the service department cannot repair stuff and then say it is fixed, what can you do. I am on a rampage against them. They didn't fix stuff during the period it would have cost nothing and now say wiring, etc are not under warranty so are charging me cash to fix it. They had our rig to check and recheck all the electric items.

Every time we pick it up and then take a trip, the same *** things are broke. These are minor things right now, but I paid them! I want my money back. Our electric system in this rig is a friday nite special.

We have had to replace the main panel, the lights blow fuses, the breakers kick off, we had melted wires under our bed, the tv wiring has now gone bad, not covered by warranty. We are spending our own money to make this purchase what we need it to be for our travels during retirement. We aren't wealthy and didn't pay cash, we make payments. Every time we call them, the person who helped us was fired!

Duh! Are there any competent repair techs anywhere? We took it in when new to see why our batteries went dead. And this was to a "speciality" repair place.

He didn't know, but put two new batteries in. We took a trip and wouldn't you know it, dead batteries. An RV Park neighbor came over, found the invertor and found it NOT plugged in!

And he was a specialist!! Ha, if we burn up in this rig, our daughter has all the emails and problems listed.

Review

Extended Warenty sold by camping world is a joke!

Had a new dometic fridge installed by camping world in Chatanooga tenn. and bought the $269 dollar extened warenty they offer. 3&1/2 years later fridge quits and camping world of belville mi. runs diognostics and finds cooling coil is shot. they give insurance company 2 qoutes one for new cooling coil and one for replacing with new fridge. a new fridge is cheaper and in stock so they could get me back camping in a day. warrenty ins co. will only approve a new coil.so now i am told it could take from 4 to 6 weeks to get the coil. buyer beware of camping world for selling that ins.

So when your alternator goes bad on your car and because you have warranty you trash the business because they don't give you a new car instead of replacing the alternator? It's an RV buddy.

You are going to have problems and be inconvenienced. Get over it

@Rvdoctor

not the same thing. prompt service is the most important thing in a service industry.

the insurance company is spending more money to service my rv and keeping my rv out of service during the best part of the camping season in MI. they could have excepted the lower qoute by cw and they could have me back in service.makes no sense!

GoodSamCareTeam

I would like to apologize for all the problems you have experienced. If able please send me a email with your contact information.

@GoodSamCareTeam

Mark I sent all my contact information because you say you want to help. I haven't heard a thing 3 days later.

I still am with out use of my 5th wheel waiting for the parts.you ( GoodSam warranty ins.) could have granted a new fridge and it would be installed by now which is cheaper in cost than a new cooling coil also with a new fridge I would have bought a new extended warranty plan. I am a year from retirement and buying a new 5th wheel I wont be buying good sam extended rv warranty. Plenty of other reliable ins.

co. out there.

View more comments (3)
$2000
Tags
  • extended appliance warranty

Camping World in Denver, Colorado - Review about Unprofessional Staff

I work there and it is a hellhole certain people get petted and they don't their job right.this place sucks and a warning to public they are liers and do not trust sales or service

Camping World - Faulty Rv Review

My family purchased a RV from camping world in Ocala Florida in February. We did not use it until April we had to take it back because there was so many things tore up that we could not use it and it has been there since April to have it fixed and we still have not got it fixed this is absolutely ridiculous. The customer service is terrible. If this were one of their family members how would they like it if they were treated in the same manner. When we purchased the RV they could not help us enough they also assured us that everything in the RV was working. It was all lies is this the way camping world does alder customers if someone could please call me

Ocala store ppl are husslers George allen Keith Greg Beverly a team of theives look out they have no morals .

Camping World in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma - POS RV

We bought a 2000 Damon Intruder from Camping World in OKC, OK. Problems out the ***. 1 Took 6 hours to picked it up and take possession. Service had 2 weeks to get it ready. 2 drove it to Foss, OK. and the batteries for the generator was dead. They said they were new. ???? Got it back to Amarillo,TX. and the generator would not start the slides would not work. 3 The dealer told me to drive it back and they would fix it. I drove it back and the AC quit. They told me to leave it and they would fix it too. They had it 2 1/2 weeks before we got it back. I cleaned it up ready to go and #4 The AC they fixed will not work in Max. My 1st trip in it was Leesville LA,. 5 I'm 3 miles out of Bells, TX. and blow a rear tire. No problem just figured I ran over something in the road. 6 we purchased Good Sams membership (joke) waited 2 hours for help. A rancher came along and helped us change the tire. 7 go 45 miles and blow another tire (same side the other rear tire). What are the chances off 2 blow outs on the same tandem??? Waited another 2 hours for Good Sams to find help (bigger joke) A guy from Sulphur Springs, TX. shows up changed the 2 tires and tells me they were out of date. $1080.00 later. 8 stopped for gas an the guy who replaced my tires DID NOT tighten the hub cap nuts and hub cap and nuts are missing in action.(tires not balanced and was charged for new stems and DID NOT get them either. Get to Leesville, LA. and had a good time. 9 start home and get 2 miles from Lone Oak, TX. and blow the right front tire. A cop from Lone Oak called a tow company to put the spare on for me $45.00. All this damage to the right rear fender well, and right front fender is around $4500.00. All the manager can say is " Buyer beware. It's the chance you take buying used" all he offered was finding me 4 new tires at his cost. No sound of concern or anything. The worst part is I had my wife, daughter, son-in-law, 2 grand kids and a kid that is not ours on this trip. I thought they inspected from the ground up. This should include tire date. I feel as if they endangered my my whole family.

Camping World - Bad Customer Treatment Review

I have a complaint with Camping World in Albuquerque NM. I made an appointment with them on June 25th for the 2nd of July and when I arrived on the 2nd they told me that all work was done on a first come first serve basis! By July 9th nothing was done to my RV! But they did charge me $150 for doing an evaluation! If work is done on a first come basis why was I given an appointment? Greg the GM was no help at all! Time for Mr. Lemonis to do Undercover Boss at Albuquerque Camping World! I'm very disappointed with the handling of my situation! I believe Marcus Lemonis would not be happy with this kind of treatment. Thank you for your time........

Poor customer service is reported everywhere. I can't see how this business can continue operating with so many bad reports.

Good luck to anyone that tries to get service at any of the Camping World sites. They will not return your phone calls and you can expect to wait for months for repairs.

Review

Camping World Lake City, Florida Service Dept. does more damage than they fix.

On two separate occasions camping world of lake city florida has broke items on our 13 month old fifth wheel while in the care and custody of the shop. They have broke a cabinet door while working on the refrigerator, cut the power cord while moving with a fork lift, destroyed a rear jack while moving with a fork lift and on top of that they unlock all compartment doors while the rv is out in their field so if someone wants to break in they can just open the door. This way camping world may not be responsible for any stolen items and since there is no damage to the door they are not responsible for that either. We are not the only ones to experience this kind of service. If you like your rv don't take it there! :(