Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Camping World - Review from Doylestown, Pennsylvania

Took in my popup toy hauler. Had the AC checked they said it has to be replaced. While they were putting it together they tore the inner lining on the dining slide out and tore 3 places in the tail opening screen. My unit is 7 years old and had only been used 2 times before we bought it. Pristine condition. I called and they still won't call me back. BBB won't even list the Lowell ar company because of complaints. Charged over 400 to replace wheel bearings. Gave us a quote for 1200 to fix AC. Took it to another place and they fixed it for 60. Big difference. They are deceptive.

Beware Columbia Camping World

I'd been to Camping World a few times in the last month with my wife, while looking for upgrades to my Jeep, in order to prepare it for towing. First of all, there were about 20 employees standing/walking around, but no one even asked whether we needed help or not, even when I'm standing in front of them trying to get their attention. I was inquiring about a removable brush guard and a load leveler, but I kept getting referred to someone else. No one seemed to know what they were talking about. In the middle of the conversation, they'd suddenly walk away and start talking with someone else, or check on something and never return. Another man (kid) was looking up information on the computer and then walked away. In all this time, about two hours, no one else bothered to ask what we were waiting for. At least four times, we got a reply, like " that's so and so's job... he's helping someone else," or " he's in the back." After inquiring as to whether their brush guards would fit, I was informed they don't even make them for a vehicle. Later, I googled it and found several removal brush guards, exactly what I need. I did order the load leveles from Camper World and had them install it. They said it would take an hour or so. Later in the day, I received a call from the service tech with some questions about the installation. And, later so, since I wasn't notified my Jeep was ready, I called and no one answered the phone. I called again, the next morning and a service manager said he was surprised no one called me to let me know it was ready. I also pointed out, that they did not apply my membership discount on the purchase price. After, several earlier complaints, this was the first time I received an apology. All said and done, after receiving my Jeep, it now has a serious vibration in the rear end. When I examined underside of the Jeep, I couldn't find the source of the vibration. But, I did notice they had stripped the nut on the low end of my shock absorber, probably from using a crescent wrench instead of a socket. Now, I'll have to drive the Jeep back to Camping World again, with my wife following, so we can drop it off to have it looked at. All in all, we can't understand how this place even stay's in business, if you can call it that. They'll never see our business again.

As I understand through some research load levelers often result in a stiffer suspension and thereby cause increased vibration from the road. I always do extensive reasearch on anything I add to my vehicle so I know what to expect in the finished product. In addition from what I understand camping world is actually three or four different companies (sales, retail, service and good sam) and they don't work as one.

Reason of review
Poor customer service
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered

Camping World Churchville, NY worst Service ever!

Nobody ever answers phones when your transferred over to any department. Once they sell you a trailer, they don't want to know you ! 3 days and still no return call from them. Bought new 2014 travel trailer end of 2013 and had tire with bubble on sidewall. Had extended tire warranty , finally called corporate headquarters for camping world and spoke to someone in charge there. He promised a return call but, it never came. Got number for company that handles the warranty and they came through. When I purchased trailer I wanted a ladder on it, was promised the moon until I signed and I never got it. They are liars and would sell their mothers for a sale. I recommend you purchase elsewhere.

Absolutely true!!! They sold us a warranty said everything is covered come to learn when our brand new trailer broke down that is was a full warranty.

Manager even admitted that her employees were saying that. Worst place ever.

Our insurance company pulled through and before we said anything they said they did not recommend camping world. Camping world told us they fixed our trailer we went to get an Nope they were about to put our lives in danger again.

Review

Camping World - Absolutely the worst!!!

Alllthe items that I ordered were in stock. It took 8 days to ship from the warehouse in which nobody had a clue as to why. Customer service was absolutely horrible. They could not give me any more answers than questions as to why it took 8 days to ship the products I am still currently waiting for the products. It should have only taken 4 to 6 days for me to get my products. I would not recommend this place to anybody as the statement above says run far far Away. also the products where are a little overpriced did not mind as it easier to ship that it was for me to go out and buy at a store. But it turns out I could have walked to Kentucky to get my parts than it was for them to ship it

Camping World - Work Experience Review from Los Angeles, California

I work there and they are liers and screw people all the time.run while u can
ConsumerCheated

Fed up with lies, deceipt, overcharging, work paid for and not done, etc etc etc. We are going to submit a claim against camping world with the California Attorney Generals Office, every state has one, and if everyone else would submit their complaints to the states where they have had same problems, maybe someone at headquarters will stop these crooks, from their unfair, illegal, consumer, practices, & scams, of work not performed but charging for it, of charging for work that does not even need to be done, etc.

etc. If they get enough complaints the attorney general will start to prosecute for all these unfair practices, just maybe then camping world headquarters will start paying their employees so that they won't have to cheat their customers just to make a dime with their commission only pay!!!

Camping World - Do not ever deal with this company

We hired an rv with 1000 Miles included. That was clear on the offer. When we drop off the camper we had to pay the 1000 Miles. 'Our offers are never with Miles included'. They won't let us go before we had paid. This was a very scary experience for our three children. Even letters from our lawyer they answer with 'everything is said'. When i put a negative quote on the facebook page of the charmant of CW, he remover the quote and blocked me for messages. The only thing the customerservive write on complaints is ' send us a private mail' but they never solve the problem.

Camping World in Roanoke, Virginia - Poor service and PR

We purchased and paid cash for a Forest River motorhome from Camping World in Roanoke Va on 06/06/14. Two windows were bad and it took them 2 months to replace them. We picked up the motorhome 08/06/14 and went on our first camping trip with it the next week. When we got to the campground, the jacks would not go down and several other things did not work properly. We had to pay $310.00 to get the motorhome back home. They have supposedly ordered the motor for the jacks but we cannot get through to anyone on the phone and no one will return our calls. They have ruined our entire summer camping-wise. I would recommend anyone considering purchasing a camper/motorhome to stay far far away from Camping World.

Everyone knows that forest river products are known for issues. Did camping world ruin your experience or did the forest river company?

@louis

Does camping world make money by selling campers then they need to stand behind them not say oh well you bought it sucker see yea.

View more comments (1)

Camping World - Illegal Eviction Review

We are staying at The Camping World Good Sams RV Park in Lake Park, Ga and they are kicking us and everyone out because they claim Corporate wants to shut down the Park models we live in. We have always paid our rent. We moved in August 16th under the agreement we could stay long term. They are giving us til August 22nd to leave and we have done nothing but pay rent and we have the right to live here. We don't have children.Right now we don't even have a car.Our car engine blew the day we moved in. They have shattered our lives. We have no where to go. I am reaching out to you to make some sense of all this. We are hard working people that just want to live without drama. You can reach me at 229-269-7375 or my email is dbrett426@hotmail.com Please look into this and see what is going on. I beg of you sirs. Thank you, Sincerely, Denise Brett Fennell PM 7, Lake Park, GA 31636

I have a nice place that I can rent, its called a Van down by the river.

Meridian Camping World-$1200 in hidden fees to purchase a trailer

3.5
Really NICE young salesman who was very honest in telling us that the trailer we had our eyes on was a "loss" leader. We were aware of this, the price was outstanding at the Boise Fairgrounds sale. However, my husband wanted to "wheel and deal"...and asked for some basic items to be thrown in the sale for the price. For instance. A Brand new travel trailer that doesn't include a battery??? A spare tire??? Kind of essential to getting it on the road don't you think? He asked for those and a bike rack, we knew that was pie in the sky but after the salesman had now told us that there were $800 in non-negotiable fees that needed to be added to the price, delivery and cleaning fees...things started to get fishy. If there is $930 more (not including the missing tire) to reasonably get the vehicle out the door, why advertise it for 11995? Do you know what it is like to be told over and over that the company is "losing" money on your sale? Do you know how ridiculous that is? Anyhow, the general manager came and spoke to us, he said he WOULD throw in a tire because it was ridiculous it didn't come with one and the bottom price with tax was $13500, all written down on an offer sheet. We asked for overnight to think about it and asked them to let us know what the financing terms would be given our excellent credit history. The next morning, my husband got an itemized sheet from them and the cost was $14300...another $400 added for document fees. We really liked this trailer and know the price was exceptional...at first. However, $1200 in "fees" to get it out of the door just seems deceptive.

THIS IS PAR FOR THEIR COURSE EVERY CAMPING WORLD STORE DOES THE SAME. THEY NEED TO BE TOOK TO TASK FOR DOING

LIKE THAT. BAIT AND SWITCH IS AGAINST THE LAW, BUT NO

BODY WANTS TO TAKE IT THAT FAR.

The same hidden fee trick happened to us.We did get them to give us batteries but no spare. Our hidden fees were 1100.00 to this day I cant tell you what they were for but the Doc fee of 399.00 was included on the contract. Just about everything they did especially from the finance people on up seems to be shady.

#1220493

The same thing just happened to us at the RV show in Boise except they added 1100.00 to the sale price.We did get them to throw in batteries though..They passed a law stopping airlines from adding hidden fees why not make everybody disclose the real price??They are very deceptive about pricing. I will not be back to Camping World in Meridian

#1203776

I saw a fair price for a 2003 Pleasure Way campervan at Camping World of Chicago. I emailed and asked what is the out the door price -- the money I need to leave with the keys today; he said $159 dollars document prep fee and $10 temporary tag.

We had a near identical experience. We were very surprised to learn that although the Coleman we were looking at was sitting there on the lot, we'd have to put $395 for the fact that it had been delivered in the first place (wtf?) and $495 for them to set up the trailer (go through and make sure the tanks don't leak, the lines are good, and put in propane).

Huh? Why isn't that already done and for free? Yes, I do think propane, batteries and a spare tire should be thrown in without complaints from a dealer.

At any rate, we left Camping World empty handed. We'll try one of the other LOCAL dealers instead.

where is the free battery store in Boise? They do not come from the manufactor with Batteries

@Anonymous

A travel trailer needs a battery to operate the brakes which a required by law. They should provide at least 1 battery.

It IS deceptive. I just returned from Camping World in Nashville with an interest in a 2016 Coleman model.

They had an internet price of nearly 11k but by the time they added all the bogus fees it was 15k.

I said "No, thanks" and left. Camping World and Coleman campers can keep that shoddy little trailer....

Doesn't really seem deceptive if they told you about it. Deceptive would be if you signed everything and then found out that you paid extra and were never told.

Send me your email and I will forward you a copy of a nice book. It's called The Dictionary.

@looE

Sounds like you are the salesman they are talking about. It is deceptive, plain and simple and if you part of this "industry" I hope you sleep well at night. And being a smart as to boot does not help your cause dickweed.

@looE

Here is the reason it is deceptive: You lure a potential customer into your shop by advertising one price, then switch to a new, higher price, once they are interested. The deceptive practice is against the law in most states.

Perhaps you need to read your dictionary a little more closely.

We had a similar issue. Stay far away from ALL Camping World RV sales. Crooked as can be.

View more comments (11)
Reason of review
Poor customer service
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution
Tags
  • Added fees

Camping World - Manager Review from Los Angeles, California

Don't take your camper here.the set visors excludinding the female that works there are dumbasses.there are a few smart techs there but the manager is a lier
ConsumerCheated