Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Camping World - Thetford Toilet Review from Amherst Junction, Wisconsin

Watch you bills people. We bought a thetford toliet ($230) and 2 months later it broke. We went in for repair parts and they had to order everything and said 10 day wait. I have gotten the run around from the service dept. One guy says the parts are in one guys says they'll be in tomorrow and then the same guy says they can tell me when they be in. Fast forward 3 weeks and still no parts. NOW as I am looking at the invoice I see that they charged me for seals that were in another kit I ordered AND charged me for an installation fee and Supply fee. They did no installation - our camper is in a fixed location. So the tacked on charges added another $136.20 to the invoice. I can say i will never be back.
Review
#719976 Review #719976 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Bad quality

Camping World in Boise, Idaho - Lame, disorganized, lack of follow-up, poor services

I don't' know how this company survives in our local area.. They are always so disorganized when we go there, seldom call you back, can't order anything right and everything is delayed. There is no way that a company like this should get away with the lack of service they provide. I love the trailer I purchased but I would never buy from them again based off the follow-up.. Even the day I picked my trailer up from them (brand new) it was a disorganized mess and took me hours to get people to help and I had to walk around and ask for help. Their service department is also lacking in followup and organization.

I'm still in the process of warranty repair from my walk through punch list so I won't leave my name. I will agree totally with your assessment of the Meridian camping world.

It seems like nobody knows what they're doing and its always someone else's fault.

All I can say is I should have gone to Brett,s RV.

Review
#719971 Review #719971 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Poor customer service

Camping World - Forest River Cardinal Review from Detroit, Michigan

Bought camper end of April 2015, took possession May 6th. CW installed 5th wheel hitch, it was not up high enough to clear truck and plate in the bed of truck was never torqued down, no tool marks on nuts!! June 15th, driver's side rear wheel fell off, did MAJOR DAMAGE! ! CW had camper for 44 days, when we picked it up, there was more damage in 2 different places!!! Wheel that they replaced had wrong lug nuts and was not torqued to Spec. On Oct 18th same wheel started smoking, thought it was going to catch on fire! Pulled into roadside rest, called Roadside assistance, when he jacked it up the wheel fell off into his hands, without even removing lug nuts!!!! Tired of them putting my life and everybody else's life at risk!!!!!
Review
#719609 Review #719609 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Damaged or defective

Camping World in Newburgh, New York - Left In Lot

Took to Camping World Kingston NY on July 11, 2015, my 2009 Jayco Designer 5th Wheel for repair of damaged wheel to end of trailer external body work due to tire blow out. Told it would be a quick 4-6 week fix. It is now October 18, 2015 and never touched, as it sits on lot now with freezing temperatures and water still in tank and lines, not winterized. Two representatives come and gone. Mike in service refuses to return calls. Better Business Bureau report done in August. Just emailed CEO of Camping World with response, "Brock. Take care of this." What the ***? Taking it off their lot and seeking legal counsel. Never had this problem when it was Campers Barn. Obviously corporate has no idea what is happening in their sites or they just don't care about customer service. Negligent transactions. Shame on Good Sam Club too as they own Camping World.

Final outcome of the problem. Finally pursued CEO and went to just remove my trailer.

It was done, but no one could tell me why I was never contacted. No sorry. No nothing. Service Manager Mike's only comment, "Yeah.

I am bad about returning calls".

Really...? How about finding another line of work?

Review
#719339 Review #719339 is a subjective opinion of poster.
No service rendered
Preferred solution
Reimburse full cost of repairs plus insurance cost and deductible , plus monthly payments due on trailer loan since July 2015. Free DMV inspection.

Camping World in Newton, Alabama - Pissed

To Whom it May Concern: I want to begin by apologizing. I miscalculated the amount of time the camper has been at Camping World. In my last email, I said that the camper has been at my home for only 6 weeks since we purchased it 9 months ago. It was probably closer to 15 weeks. Of course, this time length is approximate as the dates on our paperwork are not filled in and I didn't mark them on my calendar. And, of course, the camper is STILL there. Either way, the camper has been at the Dothan AL Camping World for roughly 2/3 of the time we have "owned" it. On August 15, 2015, we received a phone call from Dave, the sales manager at the Dothan location. He seemed a little irritable, which confused me, as the fault in this does not lie at my feet. During this call, he told me that a lot of the needed repairs are minor......I don't feel that anything about this situation is minor and am a little offended that your company does. We are paying a lot of money for a camper that we cannot use. Would you find this situation minor were you on this end of it? He did offer to have Camping World pay this months payment. Which, as I told him, is unacceptable The only thing that is acceptable in what your company considers this "minor" situation is for you to buy back the camper. Please understand that we require your PROMPT attention to this matter. We have not been impressed with your idea of promptness thus far, as you can imagine. For example, we sent the first email in reference to this on August 5, 2015. We received a call within a few hours from Susan, in the service department at the Dothan Camping World. She said that most of the parts would be overnighted and we would be able to pick the camper up the next week, provided we brought it back, AGAIN, when the rest of the parts arrived so they could complete all of the repairs. As of the time of this email, we have not received any communication that the work has been completed. This is just an example of the kind of thing we are and have been dealing with from your service department. As we have come to learn, your company is quick to tell us what they think we want to hear, in order to appease us, but very slow to actually follow through. We look forward to hearing from you in the very near future in order to schedule an appointment to sign the paperwork for the camper over to you. Sincerely, LaRoy and Angela Malin

I agree I'm going threw the same thing with camping world of Dothan al. My camper has been there for a total of 14 weeks with no end in sight and the service tech has the balls to tell my wife if we had a problem with how long it was taking then maybe we should call where the parts are being made !!! And they said they only needed it a week and a half !!!!

Frankandlinda

Your situation sounds alot like ours. We purchased a 2016 Sunset Trail Reserve on March 30.

It has been waiting on parts for 2/3 of the time. We paid over $1,000 to have a second a/c unit installed in the bedroom. When they finished, they were kind enough to return it to our storage due to my husband having heart surgery. When he was feeling better, we went to see it and to my (I can't even say shock at this point, because Camping World's staff cannot shock me), the a/c was laying on the bed along with about 30 different tools, muddy boot prints on my new white quilt.

They obviously have no quality assurance there. Amazing. We want them to buy back our RV also, it has a moldy smell in it, and this RV has been slept in for 3 nights total.

Please let me know if you get any resolution. My husband wants to hire an attorney

@Frankandlinda

Well, If it smells like mold there is mold. We are going to look into a lawyer as well I guess.

They seem to have zero urgency to handle our situation regardless of the number of times we had to bring back and leave the unit. STILL to this day they have failed to handle our situation. STILL we have heard nothing from the Management of Dothan Camping World or the Corporate office. STILL the unit is sitting on there lot waiting for yet more repairs.

At this point the warranty is now gone. Marcus is aware of the situation as has taken no action to get this LEMON of an RV off our hands . Keep me informed of your situation. I will continue to update various websites as well.

Maybe instead of them sitting back waiting for us to just give up or die off ,he will find some heart and take care of this. Here is the last email I sent. There was no response.... as usual.

There is no resolution at this point. I fear a lawyer is our only choice... How much time to we need to give this company to take care of us? people all over the nation are having similar problems.

you keep in touch too.. I would like to know if they took care of you , or if everyone is just getting taken to the cleaners by this company. Mom and pops companies are probably best to do business with. Camping world cares about Camping world...

Not their customers, or their employees.. they care about Themselves.

To Whom It May Concern

I thought by now we would of heard from Camping World in Dothan, AL. I went and talked to Eric two weeks ago today. He told me to give him a few days and he would be in touch.It has been more than a few days.

Around the fourth of Sept. they brought the camper back to us. The guy driving the camper could not even back it up. my husband tried to tell him what to do.

That did not help at all. So Roy told them to unhook it and he would hook it to his truck and do it himself. they should let Roy us their truck that would of make more since.Our girls came in and told me what was going on. I sent them back outside to tell them to let Roy back it in with their truck.

They had already unhooked it so they hooked it back up to their truck and the same guy started to move it and the camper fell on the top edge of the truck.It was not locked in place. The rear fender was dented when they got here ,but James looked at us and said that the truck got the worst end of the deal. We told James no it did not because the truck was already dented when they got here. We found out later that the driver was a detailer at camping world and James was the one who wrote up the work orders.

James and I went through the camper. The first thing I saw was a rip in the leather couch on the right end,them I checked out the rest of the couch. On the left end of the couch the leg rest had both of the top ends messed up bad.Guess what that means another trip to the wonderful service department in DOTHAN, AGAIN.If you look at the service report you will see where a storage door was up to high and when we put the slide out in it broke a piece off the door and dented the frame around one corner of the slide out.They didn't charge us to fix it.Now that door does not go up as high as it did before.I don't believe that was our fault.

Two or three weeks ago we took the camper back to them.

They wanted to know why. They had sent a man out to fix the couch. I could still see every place it had been patched. So we took the camper where it belonged.

My husband did scrape another camper. It did not hurt the older camper but it did damage the plastic cover the wheels on Heartland.This wonderful camper has been nothing but one problems after another.James called and talked to my husband last week to tell him that they had found a bad computer card another surprise, and the couch was on order.How would you feel if this happened to you? We already have $21,100.39 in this camper the warranty runs out next month. When i talked to Eric I told him that we would be interested in trading for a motor home and I don,t plan on losing one dime of our money.

The more I have thought about this I don,t feel like that would be a very smart thing to do. We would still be dealing with the same place and I don,t have the time to do this again.I want them to BUY IT BACK/

As you all know my husband has stage four renal cancer. He is all that matters to me.I don,t have time to wait for people to never call back when they say they will.To me that shows what kind of people are working for camping world. It also shows me what kind of A company CAMPING WORLD IS.You are A company that I would be ashamed to work for and I am very sorry that we did business with you.So do the right thing BUY YOUR CAMPER BACK.

Pay off the loan and refund the money that we have already paid . Minus what the cost to fix the wheel cover and buff out the paint.You should only charge what it actually cost you and not a dime more.

SINCERELY LaRoy & Angela Malin

View more comments (2)
Review
#719303 Review #719303 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Bad quality
Full refund

Camping World in Apopka, Florida - Service Dept

Had a blow out and they were able to change the spare out right away. Called my manufacture who advised to remove the 4 stock tires and get replacements. I called Camping World back and spoke with Gary at almost closing who advised he will order them in the morning. Next morning 10:00am they arrived and so did we. Gary and Jim got us in on a Saturday and helped us get on our way. We were in and out within an hour and a half. In my travels when we visit the Kissimmee area for sure look them up. The staff was really helpful.

You got lucky

Review
#719111 Review #719111 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Good customer service

Camping World in Liverpool, New York - Disrespecting customer

3.0
I recently went into a Camping World to purchase a travel trailer. I found the one me and my family loved. After several times going back in forth for a few days, we all came to an agreement on a 2016 Prowler travel trailer. We went into sign the purchase agreement, and suddenly on that trailer are camper was $3000.00 less then what they were given us. They said because we did not take the other 2016 Prowler that also was new. The sales man got the manager. He was loud and disrespected my wife, and me in front of my children, and other customers. I would never buy or recommend the Syracuse store.
Review
Pros
  • Inventory
  • Huge selection
Cons
  • Manager
Reason of review
lying about trade in value

Camping World Membership Review

I renews my membership 6 weeks ago and told would take a couple weeks . I was offered a credit and have yet to receive anything . I leave in 7 days to go full time . No cards no credit and wrong address as of next week . When camping world called they couldn't track or give any info . What a joke ! Time for Simeone else to start a new company !
Poor customer service

Camping World in Dallas, Texas - Very Shoddy Workmanship

On July 10, we went to the Camping World in Kingston, NY, as we were having electrical issues with the passenger side of our 2004 Fleetwood Expedition motorhome. They determined that the problem was the four house batteries were bad. After talking to the service manager, at his suggestion, we went to Sam's and bought 4 golf cart batteries and then took them back to the Camping World to have the batteries installed. We paid $226.84 on Friday for the installation of the batteries. We left Camping World with the electric working correctly and were very happy. Two hours after getting back to our campground, the power on the passenger side of the coach went off again. We were really upset. We had just spent all that money and we did not have our full electric service. We called Camping World, and they told us they were too busy to check our unit on Saturday, so we were back early on Monday morning. After checking out the batteries, we were told that they must have been incorrect that the golf cart batteries would work, and suggested we use the batteries sold by Camping World, as they were "stronger" and would solve the problem. The Golf Cart batteries were taken out, and while we took them back to Sam's, the service department installed four of the Camping World batteries. After paying an additional $660.92 for batteries, we left with the electricity working. Our next stop on our trip was Wells. Maine, and early Tuesday morning, we were on the road again. For our first three days in Wells, we had full electric in our coach. On day four, everything on the passenger side of the coach went out again. We decided that it had to be an electrical problem in our coach and would live with electric in half our coach. The refrigerator runs on propane gas, and we arranged other things to run off power on the driver side of the coach. We continued our travels in Maine, Massachusetts, and back to upstate New York to Niagara Falls. All this time, we are managing without electricity in half our coach, in spite of being plugged into 50 amp shore power at every campground. On August 20, while we were at Golden Hill State Park, on Lake Ontario with our frustration over this whole electric problem mounting, my husband called Fleetwood Motorhomes Customer Service for help with the problem. He worked for two days with a service tech, checking the invertor lights to make sure that the problem with not with the convertor. It was determined that the convertor was ok. The Fleetwood tech was at a loss as to what the problem was. After my husband got off the phone with the tech, he was out looking at the battery bay, just kind of scratching his head, trying to determine what could be wrong. Our neighbor came over and asked what the problem was. We explained the problem and the history, including two sets of new batteries. To our delight, the neighbor was a retired electrical engineer. He got his voltage tester out and they began checking the batteries. All of them were fully charged. However, he noticed that the terminals were all loose and many had corrosion on them. My husband called the service tech at Fleetwood he had been talking to and it was determined the dirty connections and the loose connections were most likely our problem. My husband and the neighbor spent the whole morning cleaning the connections and tightening them down. The invertor circuit breaker, inside the motorhome had been tripped, both the service tech and our neighbor agreed that the most likely cause was the loose wires bouncing around and touching one another during the drive most likely shorted the invertor circuit causing more problems. The circuit was reset and amazingly enough, the power came on in the whole coach. I cannot begin to tell you how pissed-off we were when we realized that all of this could have been prevented if the techs at the Camping World in Kingston had done their job right. The corrosion on the connectors was obvious, they we green with it. They installed two sets of batteries; you would think they would have noticed it at least once. Then to not tighten the bolts to holding the connectors to the battery terminals, this is totally inexcusable, shoddy workmanship. We have contacted the store about reinburseent for the labor and have been totally ignired, I would never recommend the service department at any Camping World, based on our experience. Barbara and Don Windham
Review
Cons
  • Quality of work
  • Customer service arrogance
Shoddy workmanship
Full refund

Camping World Service Department Review

Buyer beware!! Received a quote to install 30" tail pipe on 5.5 generator. 1.5 hrs labor $160. It took me five minutes to install. (Four small bolts)!!
Pricing issue