Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Camping World in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma - Shady business dealing

The management of camping world of okc leaves a little to be desired. I had made plans to buy a used fuzion fifth wheel camper from them after the had told me one price two days latter came back with another price so i said that wasnt what we had disscucced so i changed my mind . that next weekend they lowered the price so i called my salesman back and told him to redo the deal he said ok. the next day the credit maneger called me and told me he would get the together. i was called back the next day and told how much the payments would be and it would be ready for pick up on sat. After talking to my salesperson comfirming everything about 30 min latter the salesmanager called me and procceded to tell that the unit i was supposed to pick up on sat had been sold. So was it sold for more money or what and how can you operate this besiness and nowbody knows what is going on.

that is no good

@Anonymous

What do you mean it is no good, someone was willing to pay a higher price than you that way they make more money. The OP needs to ask her parents how things work.

She could not afford and or was unwilling to pay the higher price, someone else did and they got the camper. Throwing a temper tantrum is not going to help anyone.

raceraj69
@Anonymous

Yea that's not an issue when they call you and tell you what your payments are and you can pick it up in two day a little different

@Anonymous

Was the until sold to the commentator? If so, it can't be re-sold for a higher amount of money. Either it was sold the first time or it wasn't.

View more comments (3)
Review
Cons
  • Broken promises

2013 Forest River Berkshire Rv Review

Slid out leaks and stopped to take a look. No no help

Camping World in Provo, Utah - Bad customer service

1.8
Camping World - Bad customer service
Camping World - Bad customer service
Unfortunately, I was very disappointed with my experience at Camping World. I apologize for the long review but, if you're buying a RV from this company you should read on: On Monday, March 8th, I found an ad on RV Trader for a -2007 HEARTLAND SUNDANCE 2900RKS Used Fifth Wheel- in Draper, UT 84020 posted for $14,859. After calling Camping World (their number was also posted in the ad), I was told "its a great deal, come take a look."... After driving for 40+ minutes to Draper, I was told after I arrived, "Sorry, the RV had been sold, but I have another for you to look at instead." Even though I told them my budget was $15,000, they showed me 5th-wheel after 5th-wheel way over my budget. I ended up leaving and returned the next day (another 40 min drive) with my husband to look at some other RVs, with hopes to look at some in my price range. We were helped by a different salesman this time (he was nice), and he started to show me more of what was in my price range, BUT took me back to the same 2007 Sundance that they told me was sold the day before. I told him that they told me yesterday that this 5th-wheel was already sold? This time he claimed the financing had fallen through with the other buyers. I loved the 5th-wheel so much that we just returned to the front to buy it. WRONG!! When we questioned the price he said it was $18,000 NOT the $14,859 that we seen on the web site. When I corrected him and showed the internet price that i pulled up on my mobile phone, he told me that he didn't think that was right and he would contact corporate to see if they could give it to me for that price. He came back and told me they couldn't honor that price because they didn't post the ad on RV trader and none of them had any idea who did. But what they could do is give me a discount and drop the price to $15,295... And after the dealer fees, registration, and taxes, the price would be a set $16,999. Just a dollar short of the loan I was approved for... What a coincidence!! Even though I loved the 5th-wheel so much, I felt so cheated that I left without the 5th-wheel in tow. I ended up calling RV trader and they told me that Camping World has an account with them and they list tons of RVs daily and NOBODY else could have listed it but them... Now is it just me or does this sound like they deceivingly put awesome deals on line just to get you into their lot? I wish I didn't have to write this review, I really try to work things out before it comes to something like this. I still really want this 5th wheel. It truly is a perfect fit for my family, but I feel deceived and taken advantage of. I hope that we can come to an agreement and an honest transaction can take place so both parties are happy.

That is exactly what happened to us in the Panama City Camping World.. After we spent 2 days of our vacation looking at this camper we were to sign papers and suddenly they had quotedn us the wrong price .

We even had the quotes in writing and were tolf they would have to email coperate to see if they could get the price down to the quote and of course they could not .

Seems like this maybe a common practice for them .. I am very mad at how this went and nwill never go to there establishment nagain ..Thx for your post ,Lisa

Please please don't waste your money at this place!! Take it from me that bought a new camper in September.

Their customer service is horrible!!! All they want to do is sell you something, once you drag it off the lot.... It's out of sight out of mind, they accomplished what they wanted to..... Sucker you into buying from them.

I've been trying to get a part for over a month, leaving messages and even calling Indiana office and still just broken promises of calls back that never happen.... Go to another dealer where you will be appreciated, not this Walmart wanna be!!!

View more comments (1)
Review
Pros
  • Full range of products in store and online
  • Variey of campers
  • Great sales representative
Cons
  • Lied to by service department
  • Customer service or product warranty
  • Miserable service-still
Pricing issue
Let the company propose a solution
Tags
  • Bad Business Ethics And Practices

Camping World in Alma, Michigan - 2013 motor home

Bought motor home in greenwood ind, slide out leaked since day one. Went to Florida got ready to come home, wouldn't go in. Stopped at greenwood, they all but told me to go to ***.floor was rotten in slide out and they knew it because they said some spilled something on the carpet and they would clean it,they knew it leaked and never said nothing about it. Never again and I'll tell everyone I know about their *** poor service and sales people.
#1142079

Yes i had to pay 6000 dollars to get leaks fixed, never again will i buy from camping world, long story short they new it leaked, why they were in such a hurry to get the sale closed. Spend 200000 dollars for something ,you would think get more than go to *** attitude

Review
Cons
  • People lying just to make a sale

Camping World in Macon, Georgia - Very poor service

Purchase in Macon, GA: It is now two months since we bought our camper in Macon, GA. We still don't have a license although they certainly have every cent of the purchase price we paid. We are not able to use our vehicle without plates. They have not followed through on the processing. We know there can be glitches, but this is ridiculous. Calls are not returned, one can be transferred if they reach a live person, but then mysteriously the call is dropped. Over and over. We like the unit and were it not for the very nice salesguy for whom we were the first sale, we probably shouldn't have moved forward. We should have walked out early on in the process when the manager said, after we asked a question about process, "if you don't like it, go somewhere else," (standing over me in a quite angry voice). Again, all we ask is that they work with us so we can use our camper, not ignore us! Oh, and they didn't disclose that it had been a rental unit, although we specifically asked. We happened to see the shadow of the peel off letters while pumping gas.

The issue is resolved, but only because of our persistence. They had lost the title but didn't bother to keep us in the loop.

It is now legal to drive but that doesn't change the miserable experience we had with Camping World. I would never buy from them again.

Review
Cons
  • Miserable service-still
Order processing issue
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered

Camping World - 2015 Forest River Cherokee Limited Fifth Wheel Review from Locust Grove, Oklahoma

2.3
Bought a 2015 cherokee limited put 346 miles on it just a mile from home the whole rear axle assembly on the drivers side blew apart. Well i called the towing package they give you well the first guy said no problem will set up a tow, well when i called back i got a no we will send a mobile mechanic to fix it but you pay his mileage back and labor and parts. Well fast forward got it back to Lowell Arkansas camping world now over 30 days the axle assembly is sitting on a pallet to ship but no valid reason why its not been sent off to be replaced and the rest of the repairs that needed to be done by the axle blowing apart havent even been addressed. The general manager Shawn wont return phone calls either. Buy your Rv from anyone else but camping world odds are you'll get better service after the sale.

Don't buy one forest river

Camping World Staff Review from Marion, North Carolina

Camping world ran off all of the old tom johnson employees you do it their way or leave thats what happened they cheat their employees like their customers

They treat their employees like ***. Think they treat customers bad...try working there.

Stay far away from there. Yes, they do run off Tom Johnson employees to bring in their cronies.

Hard working employees trying to feed their families. No concern for employees at all unless you are a Camping World employee.

Camping World in Coburg, Oregon - Bad customer service

3.0
had a 10 o clock apt, for installation of a brake controller on a 2015 jayco 29 ft. class c motorhome. 2 OCLOCK I went to the service desk to ask , what was taking so long, the service waiter said he put the paper work on someones desk, looked foe five min. before the could find it, it had been done for 2-1/2 hours. when I got home I was reviewing the bill and seen where they charged 44.28 for 12-2 duplex wire, checked on amazon and they sell 100 feet for the 44.28 I was charged. this was already wired with a 6-point plug and trailer hitch. will NEVER go to camping world ANYWHjimERE again. BUNCH of thieves. jim kachel sweet home Oregon.
Loss
Let the company propose a solution

Camping World - Manager Review from Rochester, New York

My name is angel from Rochester NewYork ,we bought 2013 Shata Flyte trailer early on May 2015 went camping we met a couple from my area they have newer 2014 same trailer the I have they. Have leak on the roof ,they showed us the we have same problem ,I contact the company the manufacturer the trailer they told me that can't do nothing about it I said the was factory issue I fought we the manager later that week he contacted camping world they going to send the parts to fix my trailer but few months later Camping World left Churchville N.Y. with my paper work and parts for my trailer and now the person I talk to he left the company now I'm not able to have someone to honor the promise to give me the parts to fix the trailer like supposed to be they don't care about me after they left Rochester and now I'm stuck with the fixing on my trailer thank you Camping World for taking care of my trailer for doing nothing about it and thanks to Shasta Flyte Manufacturers again thanks you for not doing nothing about it I am unhappy customer after I bought to trailer from you

Camping World - Rv Review from Tullahoma, Tennessee

Camping World Chattanooga. . Best advise i can give to anyone wanting to buy a camper here is FOR GET IT. Please save yourself a ton if anger and frustration.

Ready, here's the long and the short of Chattanooga Camping World : 1. Salesman tells you what you want to hear and once you buy, YOUR PISSED -OFF NIGHTMARE STARTS.

2. The RV was supposed to be cleaned and all equipment working (that's a joke). 3. The furance didn't work, 4.

door latch broken, 5. board backing seat attached to had come loose 6. and to top it off the bran new spare tire had *** in it the size of a quarter. I've been out right lied to by Sales Manger, then the so called over a manager won't return any of my calls and forget talking to anyone in service dept.

Here's a bran new camper bought from CW of Chattanooga which I thought was ready to camp in only to drag it back and forth 168 miles round trip twice to have this stuff fixed that should of never left the lot. My advice is to stay as far away from CW of Chattanooga as you can.