Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show
I placed my very first order with camping works and am completely done ever ordering anything from them again. I spent $1200 on an RV sofa and can't even get a tracking number. My card was charged right away, but here I sit, past the 14 business days and have...

The Lippert furniture is junk...I purchased a new 2016 Big Horn RV with the upgraded theater sitting. Within a year and a half the color was peeling off one of the chairs and the seem ripped about 4" on the other one.

I contacted Lippert and they just respond that they only had a one year warranty.

The chairs are over $1200.00 online. Junk...Junk...Junk

Order processing issue

Camping World - Oil Change Review from Olive Branch, Mississippi

Camping world was running a special on oil Change on motor coach which included oil change in generator as a package price for around 378 dollars up to so many gallons then the price goes up well they had it for three days we picked it up paid the 378 and drove it home and parked it They did change the oil in the generator I know this because they tightened the plug so tight it now leaks so I checked the oil in the motor its black as coal they claim it was changed there is no way for one I didn't till now know that my 450 Cumins Diesel engine takes 12 gal of oil so if they changed it my bill would have been much more than the 378 charged what a bunch of thieving liars never trust them now I have to spend another 300 or 400 more for the oil change

camping world sucks on all their services

Pricing issue

Other Product Review

2.3
I HATE camping world. Their customer service sucks. They had our camper for 5 months. ARE U KIDDING ME? It's only a year old. They promise things & try to renig and they fix things that don't stay fixed. NEVER AGAIN! I get upset every time I go there. And their prices r way high.

Camping World in Tucson, Arizona - When we get our motorhome

Our motorhome broke down in Ft Stockton TX. The tire blow up and pull the electronic systems out . The unit was tow to Camping World in Anthony Tx on 9/12/15 as of 3/18/16 they still have our unit without in real date as to when the repairs will be done. This unit is are primary residence staying with family but we need to know when it will finish. For the first three months they kept telling us that they would be finished in two weeks but that two weeks has turn into six months. We are very upset at this point and don't really known how to processed. If you have a choice don't take your RV to Camping World they are masters of the run around

Camping World Staff Review

2.2
Just really hard to check out only one register open at close more like 5:50 and 4 other employees around. Does not appear they are trained on cash register. Not helpful!!

Camping World - 2014 38CK Cedar Creek faded front cap

Sent this to Forest River and Camping world and still getting the run around second year in a row: Dear Mr, I'm trying to get all the facts straight because T (husband) has talked to so many people and in relaying information to me, it gets a little muddled. I prefer everything in print, which is easier for me to comprehend. So - I understand our 2014 Cedar Creek is not the only one you are having problems with the front cap fading out. I believe you said there were several more with the same problem. Is that correct? I also understand that although this is admittedly a manufacturing defect that your company is requiring us to pay for the transport for repair; the recall as you were. As in paying $1800 for you to transport our defective camper to your facility for repair or driving it out ourselves also at our expense. All other companies that discover factory defects send the parts to make the repair to their dealers and it is repaired free of charge to the customer. I'm not understanding what makes Forest River/Cedar Creek exempt from this. Can you explain this to me? Camping World has informed us that campers are delivered to Cedar Falls regularly, so it shouldn't cost you anything to add a cap to the truck on the next delivery or pull our camper back there on their return trip as that truck usually goes back empty, at no cost to us. This is not something that came up after the warranty ran out. This problem was brought to the attention of Camping World last year and we were advised to wait until Spring and bring it in then. Spring is here; the camper is at Camping World; and camping season is on the way. And we are still fighting for what is right. We have already had our camper back to the factory once for items that apparently Quality Control missed. I won't go into detail as you should have all that information in your files. If not, I would be happy to send you copies of everything that was repaired. I really wish there was a "Lemon law" for campers as this is truly a "lemon". We still have a very noisy refrigerator so that has not been addressed yet either. Now this problem with the end cap. Where does it end? Sincerely, Sherry K Iowa
kway

Our 2015 38CK has fading issues on the front and rear caps. We aren't original owners but I still think they should fix it.

A simple google search will result in hits of issues of fading for YEARS! Amazing that the company has done absolutely nothing to prevent this from happening.

Review
Pros
  • Finally have someone in customer service willing to help
Cons
  • No able to get the cap replaced
Damaged or defective
Preferred solution
Convince Forest River to replace our end cap with no charge to us, as this is admittedly a factory defect that is occurring with other Cedar Creeks as well.

Camping World in Columbia, Missouri - Deceptive pricing during "annual maintenance"

this is the exact problem we had and why we were on this site ... when the estimate was submitted to us there was no "shop supplies" listed when we went to pick it up they had $96 listed. Most frustrating. We used the "good sam's" discount for some maintenance that the clerk had no idea now to add up or charge us for ... in the end the clerk did finally get the same discount correct and took $30 off the $96. However, that still made up for more of the discount ... what a racket we are now seeking corporate responses but are sure they will not return our call as they obviously get these complaints daily ... we have learned our lesson and will not return ... wish I could let everyone know this before they get the surprise we got.
Review
Cons
  • Ripped off for a return
Reason of review
deceptive pricing on service order/estimate did not include all charges
Loss
Tags
  • Repair Work Pricing

Camping world

3.2
bought a new class a motorhome thor 34f on feb 8 2016 did not get out of dealer for almost 3 weeks many many problems I complained to thor and the dealer it still has problems no one can fix was told by general manager at camping world welcome to camping stay away from camping world in ft myers florida I may have to bring it to thor in indana not a happy camper at this time any advice would help and would be greatly welcomed
Review
Cons
  • All experence
  • Worst customer service ever
  • Lack of responsibility
Bad quality

DO NOT BUY A RV FROM CAMPING WORLD

2.5
I PURCHASED A BRAND NEW 2016 RV WHICH AS YOU KNOW IF NOT CHEAP. I ALSO PURCHASED AN EXTENDED WARRANTY FOR PEACE OF MIND. TWO WEEKS AFTER HAVING THE RV AND ONE ROAD TRIP MY NAVIGATION SYSTEM, HAUDRALIC STEPS STOPPED WORKING AS WELL AS SOME OTHER MINOR ISSUES. THE SERVICE DEPARTMENT HAD MY RV FOR WEEKS AND NEVER CONTACTED ME. I CONTINUOUSLY CALLED THEM AND FINALLY THEY ORDERED THE PART. APPRX. 5 WEEKS LATER I WAS TOLD THAT THEY WOULD NOT COVER OR FIX MY STEPS AS THERE WAS DAMAGE. I SAID YES THERE IS BUT THAT IS BECAUSE THE SYSTEM WENT DOWN WHILE MY STEPS WERE OUT. WHAT DID THEY EXPECT ME TO DO, STAY AT MY LOCATION? THEY ARGUED WITH ME AND WOULD NOT TAKE CARE OF THIS. I BELIEVE ALL OF US SHOULD GET A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT AGAINST THIS COMPANY AND PUT THEM OUT OF BUSINESS. THERE ARE SO MANY COMPLAINTS ABOUT THIS COMPANY AND HOW THEY RIP PEOPLE OFF. ONCE THEY SELL A PRODUCT THEY FALL APART COMPLETELY AND DO NOT CARE ABOUT THEIR CUSTOMERS AT ALL.
ShallowLeopard223

I would be in on that as well

SlipperyCaracal497

I will jump on board with this. They have had our brand new camper for5 months we purchased it in July of last year.

No one calls we always call and keep getting the run around. It was all inside work that needed to be done. Now they are saying they are waiting on a decal. A decal.

The only decals on my camper are outside.

Did the MFrs hit my camper and instead of telling us are trying to hide it and fix it. So done they can buy this thing back.

DoubleDog

Pure BS - Unverified and Misleading https://www.spreaker.com/episode/18080384 https://youtu.be/Nu7LmIaRl2E

IntentBoxerDog

Yes we are in

MinorBulldog815
@IntentBoxerDog

I am in also....nothing but problems from day 1...air conditioning broken for the 2nd summer...looking at another summer without my camper and a paid for seasonal prime campspot...I'm PISSED is an understatement

MinorSunBear
@MinorBulldog815

I am in the process of doing just that. However, I am required to submit a sizeable number of complainants in order for a Class to be considered.

In the event you are truly interested in resolving your issue, please click on the following link, join, copy and paste your issue to post. Once the Class criteria are met, I believe a filing should follow.

However, it is imperative to note my understanding is CWH will be filing BK shortly and as such, timing is of utmost importance. https://www.facebook.com/groups/683065868835043/

AbashedSalmon

Yes We are in! Please contact us!

elliott-amy@att.net We purchased a 2019 Shadow Cruiser in January, the day after we got it as I was pulling in the slide out a rod broke and went through the side of the paneling. We immediately called Camping World. The Camping World who was sooo helpful with selling us the trailer wasn't able to help us. They would call us Monday.

Well Monday came and went, no call. We ended up calling them again. Little did we know that they only return calls if you are interested in purchasing something from them. Anyway, we had to end up hiring a tow truck to get it to our camping world here in Bakersfield.

We ended up finding so many issues with this trailer. Issues from pinched wiring on our braking system, to broken and rusted welds on the frame, rusted nuts and bolts, the ball hitch pin was broken, missing screws from the side skirting and the jay brackets underneath, the stabilizing jacks were rusted and corroded, the door to the trailer wouldn't shut properly, I could go on and on. After all of these issues we requested a new trailer from camping world, but they refused saying these things were repairable and would not affect the safety or use of the trailer. The repair guy at the Camping World in Bakersfield had to wait weeks to get approval for work on the faulty trailer.

At the initial purchase Dave in finance, will talk you into this Good Sam warranty. Per Dave that guarantees speedy and thorough repairs. That was a complete joke and not true. After months of repairs, we picked it up last Friday and left on our first trip.

We had another issue this morning bringing in the slide out, but we were finally successful. As we were headed home as we were entering the freeway the braking system locked up flipping the trailer on its side. We had our children in the truck with us that almost flipped over because of this faulty trailer. We completely understand that this is a manufactured item that is sold by camping world, but the condition that the trailer was sold in is a Camping World Problem.

We have went back and forth over the last two months with Camping World in Fresno. They have been the absolute worst. About two weeks after the initial problem they stopped returning all calls. Even calling many times to talk with the general manager, Jay he has not ever returned our call.

Geoff the sales man is a complete joke, call me anytime he said as we left with the trailer. Send your friends my way. Ummm, not going to happen. We have called him many times as well and of course no call back.

We filed a complaint with corporate office, they said someone would contact us within a few days. Guess what, no call. So a week later we called them back, informing them nobody had contacted us. At that point a higher up person in camping world was supposed to call us.

Guess what we still haven't heard from them, maybe they might call us back now?? We will see. I am sure we will not be getting a call back on this one either.

Thank the lord nobody was hurt. #campingworld #shadowcruiser #campingtrailer #forestriver #campingworldfresno

I too would like to take part in class action. In 2012 sold me a used RV, it was/is great !

also sold me service warranty package, over $3,000.00 knowing I was going to park it permanently at an RV park with 50 miles, even told me some of their staff lived in the area! When we called because the compressor had gone out of our full sized refrigerator, they told us we would have to "bring the RV in to have it serviced", because "we do not service that area". They sold us the service warranty service package damn well knowing they did not service the campground where it was parked..... even though it was only 50 miles away and they had service people who lived in the area !!

I contact the VP of Camping World 3 times to try to settles this and never got a reply !! I want my money back !!!

SO COUNT ME IN !!!!!!! Madison Height, Virginia

Count me in for a class action lawsuit. Add me to the I got screwed by Camping World list. moreohiminmylife@aol.com.

Would love to take part in this suit! Brand new 2018 fifth wheel.

Had for few weeks. Ac broken. Molding coming undone. Now 2 months later stepped on nail in carpet from underbelly.

Toilet broken. Doors coming off cabinets. They are eager to sell and great with response but once purchased..... silence.

No return calls. Sales guy “Peter “ from Harrisburg PA says sorry to hear that.

When you spend 85000 on trailer to live in, should not be a POS as soon as you have it delivered!!!!! Hiring attorney today!!!

@Anonymous

If u start class action I would join

@Liz

Me too! I have a 2016 travel trailer that is a piece of junk! CW is useless.

@Anonymous

Harrisburg service sucks the act like you bought a candy bar instead of a $100,000 RV. They tell you everything they can not to work on your camper.

Very dishonest bunch of people. We bought the paint and fabric warranty as they call it and they didn’t even do it.

We figured it out like three weeks later and they said “ All were sorry it must have gotten over looked” so we had to take it to Roanoke Va to have it done because we lived out of state. Overlooked RIGHT!!!!!

HarshImpala
@Mike

There's really no such thing as paint or fabric protection. This is just another money maker like shipping and doc fees for the dealership. I know this to be a fact because I use to work at a dealership.

@HarshImpala

@Anonymous

I agree with all the pissed off people about Camping World and how they drop the customer like a hot potato once you drive off their lot for repairs...I would gladly be a part of a Class suit against them...I am now trying to get Dutchmen to help...after 2 days, still no contact from them as I faxed a complaint to them.

Has anyone found a lawyer to take care of this we are looking for one as well

@Cassondra Hay

Contact me. Leekmbrly319@gmail.com. I have one who will probably love to hear your issues with Camping World as well!

Yes im having issues with them as well they dont call back there promises is worthless i am thinking of getting a lawyer

We are having a big issue with them right now. We are in Tucson, Arizona and am also one pissed off customer.

Is there a class action against them. I also want to know

Earlier this year I bought a toy hauler from your Anniston AL. location.

Within that sale, it was agreed that an additional electric awning would be installed on the back door. After months of going around and around with negotiations and scheduling, it was finally installed. When I picked up the unit, it was a manual awning and not electric. After speaking with the collision manager, he said he would order the electric awning and install when it came in (never heard back from him).

The next weekend we took the unit out on a trip. After opening up the added wrong awning it lasted about 2 hours and fell off the camper. Camping World in Anniston was notified of the problem.

I was told that the problem would be taking care of and now I can’t seem to get anyone to call or email me back with a resolution. Do I really need to get a lawyer involved just to get what I paid for?

I would like information on a class action against camping world should one begin for SLC site in 2017. Mcdflory@gmail.com

Lawsuit going to happen I'm in on that

Camping world is the worst I've ever done business with. Service is very bad.

@Rick Davis

They are for sure a bunch of disrespectful group of people I have ever encountered.

Camping world of Raleigh is the same way the service is The poor service that I have ever seen dealing with any vehicles at all they will not answer a phone return your phone calls the warty they sale that will cover everything in the camper they say absolutely sucks

Totally agree. I have been having an extremely difficult time with Camping World of Syracuse.

We bought our camper late winter 2017 and have had nothing but problems since. They don't fix what they say they will fix, don't return phone calls and genuinely just don't care about their customers.

@MtLion

Trust me, its not only the customers that theyre indifferent about; its also those that work there. Im a Sales Associate at a southern location and I hate the way they treat customers.

Many sales associates would love to help get the issues resolved, but we have little to no power in actually assisting in the issue. Thus, the sales people come across as indifferent which is often not the case. The reality is that the administrations tie the hands of the employees and feed them misinformation to make a sale ASAP. Not only are customers subject to the abuse; so are thr employees.

Me and nearly all of my coworkers have consistently had hundreds of dollars swindled from every single one of our paychecks. I will not go through it all, but what I can say is that the company as a corp is totally crooked.

The sales people, however, are often honest and well intentioned. They just have their hands tied.

Count me in. We bought A brand new voltage and have issue after issue.

Customer service sucks.

Why do you have to end up yelling at people to get anything done. It isn't untill you mention lawyer that something gets done.

@Rita

I know, they will get my blood pressure boiling. They have no respect for customers.

#1462096

Kingston NY Camping world .. Sold camper (2018) and had warranty issues.

NEVER returned calls . Will be contacting a lawyer as well.

#1462097

Was sold a camper that is a 2018

We’ve purchased brand new RV in dec 2016 and have had many service problems and now a leak. We would be interested in class action.

Horrible customer service. We purchased our BRAND NEW camper May 2017.

We have been waiting for NINE months to have warranty issues resolved. My husband and I would be interested in the class action lawsuit.

We would like to be added to the lawsuit. We were told our sales tax would be included.

But, when they sent it to M&T Bank they wrote it up as if the $1500 was for transportation fees and the walk through.

No mention of either was made to us. We were straight up lied to.

Myers camping world of Hamburg, salesman rewrote contracts on seniors and filed a different contract with M&T bank than the senoirs signed, rolled over the balance of trade in rv, added an extended warranty they never agreed to or purchased and took the trade in RVs for themselves to sell out right for cash.

@Sean McNutt

In addition, I have come across info suggesting the salesman of camping world rewrote a fraud contract, put the complete balance of the trade in onto the purchase of new undisclosed to buyers and sold across state lines, now it's onto federal investigation!

It seems to be a Camping World reoccurring theme. I took my 2016 fifth wheel trailer in for warranty work on 12-05-17.

Two and a half months later nothing has been done and can not be given any schedule.

I am now going to pick it up and find another shop not connected to Camping World.

Would not recommend Camping World for anything.

We purchased a used unit from CW in 2009 only to have it flood in a rain storm. So, they sold us a new one at "cost"...although the definition of cost is unclear.

We owned it for nearly 5 years and it had a slide seal fail. They replaced the original seal but that one "failed" and it flooded, ruined the bedroom. They replaced the replacement seal and at least repaired the floor. However, couldn't isolate the leak.

As you can imagine, it flooded again and destroyed the living room and underbelly insulation. Here's the fun part, they have had on their lot for the better part of the last 3 years. We are almost finished paying it off...HOWEVER, CW has decided that because of our trouble, they will graciously sell us a new one. Really?

If I wanted to lock myself in for another loan, I would have traded when it initially began to leak...Maybe we are on to their scam...it's cheaper to feign repair work and then wholesale the trades. Then work back deals with financing or warranty companies and add deceptive line items on contracts. I do feel like their needs to be an large scale investigation into the way customers are deceived and mislead.

If each state and the Feds would each begin probing, perhaps it could be turned back into an honest industry. It's such a shamed...most of the memories established during camping trips, last a lifetime...it's the cost to our financial health, that ruins it.

They are ripping people off every were on t he warranty

@Marvin rickman

See this video and share it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wrsMU7WMuQ.

I bought a 2013 5th wheel new from these pos sobs paid twice what the price was also warranty and lol pos good sam program well now i find out these crooked sobs sold me a 2012 camper with a 2013 title i hope some poeple get consumer llawsuit against these crooked bastards

HarshImpala
@Troy Walls

This is exactly what they did to me just last month. I just found out three days ago that I paid for a 2016 but got a 2015.

I'm now waiting for a phone call from them before I proceed in taking action against Camping World in Fayetteville NC to get my money back. I need my butt kicked for going there to start with.

I didn't know that CW was that bad until I starting reading the thousands of BAD reviews. Ron Walters

We are actively seeking attorneys willing to represent us either individually and/or in a class action lawsuit verses Camping World. Interested Agencies please reply directly in comment with contact information.

We will contact you directly.

My particular case would be outside of Atlanta GA (Oakwood Camping World) and of course it's Corporate Offices as well located in Bowling Green KY. Thanks

msgret

I would opt in. Laosro4445@att.net

@Anonymous

we are here in Syracuse New York and would join this class action suit how where when and just let us know we are in!!!deborahlanders53@gmail.com 315 633 2049

I’m in slowe11947@ail.com

We are actively seeking attorneys willing to represent us either individually and/or in a class action lawsuit verses Camping World. Interested Agencies please respond directly in comment with contact information.

We will contact you directly.

3fan4life

Im in email me

@Anonymous

I have a friend who is out $26000 because the warranty they paid for from camping world will not cover water damage! The insurance that camping world had them pay for is only paying for $4000.

That is a lot of money to be out of. Please contact response be back

We would be willing to join the suit as well. Total rip off and disappointment. Pathetically sub par customer service.

#1332062

We would join that class action lawsuit. They ripped us off for over $3800 for repair not done, and it's been weeks with no returned phone calls!

You should let me get your number, I think there should be a class action as well.

Lets us know we r for it...we bought our RV last May and had nothing but problems...their customer service sucks as well as their service...RV aren't cheap u would think they would treat us very well. Those r high dollar items....

@Levi Ashmore

We just bought a camper we are very dissatisfied. And would like to join your lawsuit if you ever got one going. Please let use know.

View more comments (55)
Review
Cons
  • Negligence
  • Worst customer service ever
  • Sloppy workmanship bad attitude
Loss
Let the company propose a solution

Camping World Tucson, Az. Poor customer service.

2.3
While my husband and I are full time R.V. er's, we had the need to visit Camping World while in Tucson, Az. We asked the lady at the front if she could contact someone to fill our propane tanks. She replied we had to wait in line at the checkout. Upon doing so the checker simply called the propane dept. She could've called rather than making us wait in a long line while she sat there filing her nails. Three weeks later we returned to the same store and asked the man at the parts counter if he could help us order a plumbing part that we brought in with us. He told us they didn't make those anymore and "Whatever we have is on the shelf over there." He was rude and seemed as though we were wasting his time. He could've at least asked to see the part we needed and directed us to whom to contact to replace our part. I thought Camping World was a customer service based company. We will avoid this company at all costs now no matter the location of the store.

Bought our fifth wheel August 2018. Had numerous problems.

Had it back at the dealership for two months to fix them. Went on our first camping trip with it. More problems, back to the dealership Concord, NC. Another 2 weeks.

Got it back. Have just taken it out for the second time and same problems all over again. Called them several times. Was put on hold each time for 20 minutes and gave up.

Which is exactly what they were aiming for.

Any class actions against them count us in!! johansen100@gmail.com.

Review
Pros
  • Campers if i had been able to look
Cons
  • Customer service arrogance
Preferred solution
I want the customer service issues to be addressed with the employees of this store and let all employees know the importance of top notch customer service and if it weren't for people like me they wouldn't have a job.
Tags