Filter by rating
City:
Product:

Don't buy from Camping World

2.2
My husband and I spent over $21K on a 2015 Coachman Catalina Camper. The salesman told us everything was checked out and it was in great shape. We checked everything on the inside that we possible could. We asked that one of their sale personal delivery it for us. The guy was 3 hours late with the delivery then after 3 weeks of living in the camper we have discovered a water leak underneath. Called an spoke with a manager and he said due to the fact it was reowned they couldn't warranty the camper and advised we bring it back so their service department could look it over. I told him that we were told the service dept. looked it over but they most have missed the fact that it leaked water and the roof needed repair (which my husband has already done). We will not give Camping world any more of our money ever. I suggest you don't either.

They are liars and theives . Do not trust them!

2015 Coachmen Rv Catalina Rv
Damaged or defective

Update by user Jun 29, 2016

Months I've been trying to get my refund. I called few times checking on the progress of it.

Want told anything useful. JUNE 28 I called again using a different number talking to a different person. After explaining to them what was going on he said had call back with information on what he finds out. He did call the 29th.

What he told me totally pissed me off. He said the check was sent to the credit union where the loan was. I had told Scot Ryan I paid off the loan and the money was to be sent to ME. ME not the credit union place in Omaha.

He said, its in the account that was set up with $5 so I could get the loan there. An account i never received any kind of statement or anything to know something about it. NOT EVEN THE BEST PART YET. The check was deposited in that account.....MAY 31.

YES MAY 31. Its JUNE 29nth when I'm finding this out. I've been sweating waiting on the refund since I filed for it late April. NOT A CALL OR EVEN A LETTER LETTING ME KNOW MONEY WAS REFUNDED nit to me as they were instructed but to the credit union.

I had to drive up to Omaha, find the credit union and close the account. AMAZING thank GOD I'm done with these people and this company

Update by user Apr 25, 2016

Update-- I sent the pdf to a print shop to print off and fax. Wow who knew there was info filled out on it already.

But I'm a little confused how they started the "warranty" before I purchased the trailer. From my deposit date??

Update by user Apr 25, 2016

Waiting for news on a refund check from the worst RV dealership I've done business with. I get a call saying the form can't be used that I need to print off and send a new one in thru snail mail.

I told him once and told him again it printed off to light to read from the start so how can I send a new one that can be read.

The call was ended by Scott I assumed, because I was in mid sentence. Now I have to drive all the way up there to get and sign the former and then start 2 weeks of waiting all over again.

Update by user Apr 25, 2016

I guess they also use campingworld of council bluffs since they are actually in council bluffs iowa

Update by user Apr 25, 2016

Thus is the rust bucket of a grill they sold with the trailer. They didnt even bother giving a new one.

I was afraid to use it and get lock jaw or need poison control.

I HAD TO BUY A NEW ONE. NOT FROM THEM

Update by user Apr 19, 2016

Was sent a pdf to print sign and return. The printing of that pdf was very light and it looks like I signed a blank page.

So I'm not happy ever sending someone a blank page wth my signature signed on it. They can screw me and say I agreed to it due to my signature

Update by user Apr 15, 2016

I got a call from Chris a manager at campingworld. I think wow I'm going to get some action.

WRONG. He starts talking about normal wear anf tear after I already stated the camper was totaled. So I had to interupt his trying to brush me off and say again. TOTALED.

60 MONTH "service protection" costing $2500. I only had the camper for 17 months. I should have a HUGE amount refunded to me.

We Will See what they do. I have the # for a consumer protection attorney handy.

Original review posted by user Apr 12, 2016

Bought a used camper. They finanaced adding on $2500 for what he called an extended warranty. Did not hear him say $2500. Heard him say it is included in the good sams club membership. So that was not true on any part. $2500 not included in membership it was added to price. Next NOT EXTENDED WARRANTY. SERVICE AGREEMENT. $2500 agreed to fix nothing. Trailer totaled. I sent them request for full refund and they sent me answer of not having any trailer i mentioned. Lied and misrepresented the service their added charged on my loan

Nothing has moved forward with campingworld on the refund they owe me. They have had the request and signed paper for over two weeks.

I had called Scott Ryan to find out about the refund and he didn't bother returning my call. No one has done anything as I'm aware of since no one bothers to contact me.

Fraudmagnet2

I faxed that paper back to campingworld right away the same day. Still not happy the page was so light.

I printed it 5 times and all were the same. I assume that's what they were supposed to be which has made me more concerned about how my signature will be used. To state my opinion, I don't trust those people and don't think there is an honest bone in them.

I was told the process could take two weeks. Its going to be very long wait to find out the result of this situation.

View more comments (1)
Good Sam Club Extended Service Plan Rv Insurance
Problems with payment

Camping World in Gold Canyon, Arizona - Microwave bad on day one

2.3
I Purchased my camper at camper world Mesa AZ. The microwave was not checked properly. It does not heat food. It turns on and lights up and the fan runs. But it doesn't heat. The service department has given me the royal runaround and will not replace it. They want to pull it out and send it to the factory. Bad idea ! I will be on the road for the next 3 weeks without a microwave. So now I have to buy a microwave for my trip because you would not replace it from inventory. If this problem was uncovered before you had my money you certainly would have figured something out. This will be my last purchase from camping world
Rv
Pros
  • Pleasant salesman
Cons
  • Bad service after the sale
Loss
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Camping World Jacksonville is great

5.0
I wanted to let everyone know that we had a great experience with the service center there in Jacksonville FL. We came in to service center 04/02/2016 with a huge issue with our 2014 Cross Roads Camper. The roof material pulled away from under the fiber glass front while we where heading down 95 to Disney World. Jose Marrero and one of his team members quickly inspected the damage. Jose told us that they could fix it for now so we could start our vacation but it would need to be replaced once we got back home. 3 hours later we where back on the road. We had a great time and the patch made it there and back home through the rain with no leaks. GREAT job to the everyone that helped our family enjoy the annual vacation that we thought was going to be a bust.
Good customer service

Camping World Customer Care Review

2.7
Found a camper advertised on-line. Spoke with salesman at Harrisburgh location and was informed that the camper was in great shape but was not on there main lot. Was informed that we would be notified when it would be. Got the email Thursday that the camper was at their lot and made an appointment Friday evening for Saturday morning. Told them we would be driving 3 hours and we would be there at 9am to see it. 2 hours and 45 minutes into our drive the salesman calls and says "hope you have not left yet". Then tells us that he made a mistake and that the camper was not at their main lot yet. It was at an auction lot. After a few choice words with them, I informed them to figure something out and upon arriving they we able to get approval for us to go to the auction lot. The camper turned out to be a real piece of *** and was at the auction because they could not sell it at their lot and it still had not sold at the auction. The salesman started to give us the "what do you expect for a camper in this price range". I stopped him and reminded him that he told us that the camper was in great shape. Not horrible shape with multiple water leaks, a soft floor and broken bathroom door. Not happy to say the least.
Camping World Customer Care

Camping World in Phoenix, Arizona - No clue

I just bought a used 2013 Georgetown 377 10,000 miles from Camping World Syracuse, NY. I will never understand how you can sell a product you now nothing about these people ar useless right up to the sales Manager. I offered $9000 below what they were asking, the sales manager pulls a rookie move and says he was insulted by my offer. I replied I don't know you from Adam so why should I trust you. Long story short they promised to make sure everything is in proper working order before its delivered to me. The PDI was a joke, they handed me over to Phil, not to bang the poor guy but I knew more about this RV then he did. Anyway I got it home to my mechanic who had to spend an additional $1500 to get it in shape, LP sensor was shot, grey water sensor shot, hot water heater barely working, they promised all new batteries, not done, they were suppose to detail it, was filthy upon delivery. If I didn't have to drive 5hours to pick it up I would have left it there. They are ***.
2013 Forest River Georgetown Rv

Camping World - Meridian, ID 2007 5th wheel

4.3
We have never had a such a horrible experience! They resealed our roof,sides, slides, vents, etc. which only took 10 days but we had purchased a satellite dish from the same store, which was to also be installed. Went to pick up our trailer, was told it was complete,paid the bill and hooked it up to our truck. When we asked for someone to show us how the satellite worked we were then told "oh, the satellite is installed but it doesn't work !!" So now 3 weeks later after idol promises, no return phone calls,a "free" wash job, which showed up on our bill in the amount of $257 (was deducted from the bill and we didn't get the free wash), broken molding and our stinger with a 2" ball was missing, we finally have our 5th wheel back. We were provided with a new molding strip that we will have to install and they are paying for the "lost" stinger and ball. The only positive from this experience was meeting Aaron, from the service bay, who showed us how to use the satellite. WE WILL NEVER USE NOR RECOMMEND CAMPING WORLD TO ANYONE.
Problem with delivery

Camping World Sales Manager Review

2.7
I would never again purchase an RV from Camping World. Sales personnel were effective and professional. They did err in paperwork that allowed Thor to sidestep their responsibility for various issues. Service managers were often rude and clearly had no intention of addressing multiple issues with my RV that arose during my purchased Extended Warranty. That was a joke itself in that it appeared they were dancing a sidestep until I was out of warranty and responsible for all costs. The purchased warrant was with a well known name but when contacted I was informed they are there only on name. Camping World "manages" their own claims... Guess what their incentives are? I still have an RV I greatly enjoy. I would not use the service department or purchase any other product from them.

I received a message as to whether my issues had been resolved. There has been no effort from Camping World or Thor to make contact.

I am not surprised as Camping World kept my RV for months on two occasions and either inadequately or not at all addressed my issues. Thor has not commented on an RV that I purchased with "new status" paperwork and 2 thousand miles on the odometer as to how they can sidestep new vehicle warranty coverage.

The Good Sam allegedly bumper to bumper coverage was administerd by Camping World and came up with many holes in the coverage when contacted.

Camping World Sales Manager
Poor customer service

Camping World in Coburg, Oregon - Bad brakes, bad other things.

I foolishly purchased a used motorhome from Camping World in Coburg, OR and even though I had it in the sales agreement to repair the brakes, fix a couple of other issues, and repair windshield chips, the only thing done was the chips. They claimed the brakes were 80% but even the delivery guy found them difficult. After being tired of looking at motorhomes I was *** to fall for these guys lies. WARNING, DO NOT EVER BUY FROM CAMPING WORLD. Their lack of customer service, deceptive tactics, and out and out lies made this the very worst purchasing experience of my life, and I am a senior. Repeat, do not purchase anyting from this dealership. Nothing! They did not even clean the vehicle as all other dealers do. What a bunch!
1998 Fleetwood Rv Flair Rv
Cons
  • Sales and service

Don't go to Camping World -- bad service

I can't say enough about how bad my experience was with Camping World. Right now my RV is stuck there in their service department, and I am in limbo because nobody from their service department will contact me after repeated calls to them. I started reading reviews online, and it appears I am not alone in my experience. I contacted Good Sam Club, which is somehow affiliated with Camping World. I do not know what is their relationship with Camping World, but I think it is pretty strong. I think they either have the same poor corporate culture as Camping World or they just don't care either. One review I read mentioned his next call would be to his lawyer. While I am not the litigating type, I think that may have to be my next step -- after all, Camping World has my RV, and if they won't contact me, my RV is stuck there.
Camping World Rv Repair
Cons
  • Poor customer service
  • Poor customer service and lack of follow up
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered