Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Camping World 50% Off On Propane Deal Review from Massillon, Ohio

Went in for the 50% off propane sale. Sunday afternoon in spring so should be a good day to make money. Was first told the only people that can sell propane were off. A cashier then said she could do it. After some shopping she found me to say she couldn't get in the gate. Left my items where Istood and left. Waste of a 40 minute drive. Same one i bought my trailer from too in Akron Ohio. Company is a joke. I would spend more elsewhere just so they never get my money again.

Camping World Customer Care Review

1.7
Camping world has zero customer service skills. All they care about is the sale. Once the sale is made watch out they are done with you. Had to fight just the difference of my payoff that they owed me. They acted like they were doing me a favor. Will not do business with this company ever again.

Camping World - Review in Dealers category from Atlanta, Georgia

5.0
Camping World - Review in Dealers category from Atlanta, Georgia
Excellent Customer Service at the Camping World in Jacksonville, FL. I bought a 2007 Coachman Freelander and car tow dolly with cash. I couldn't ask for better customer service. Our sales lady Kelly M. was very attentive and patient. She and a driver went all the way to Cocoa FL to find my dream Motor Home! It is beautiful. All of the staff including Mike our mechanic and carpenter did an outstanding job on everything he had done to get the RV ready for delivery. Chris did a very lengthy final walk around with us and was very thorough and patient. We were very well informed about everything in our coach. Thank You Camping World. I will buy from you any day again!
Good customer service

Camping World Customer Care Review from Smithfield, North Carolina

2.0
Went in to buy a 32 foot travel trailer. Worked the deal, made an appointment to sign all the paperwork 2 days later. 2 hours past the appointment time, they are saying be patient. Had something else to do, had to leave as did 2 customers before me. The general manager and salesman were pure rude *** Never will i buy from anytging from that store, not anything. The following week I bought a 33 ft from Bill Phlemming 7 miles up the road. They truly are rude and don't care about you or your money, imagine after the sale.

Camping World in Anniston, Alabama - Bad serv ice

my rv has been there since Oct of 2015 they charged me for things that did not need to be fixed and was not fixed..to upset at this time to detail my story but I am getting an attorney...they claimed to have put a new roof on it and they did not they broke something in under camper and did not tell us we found it when we went to pick it up...and found out it was not ready...all 3 managers in service was fired in about a 3 week period..gm allan will not talk to me so only next step is attorney....they can have this camper pay it off and let it sit there where it has been all this time...lost work going to get it and it when it was not ready lost week of vacation because it is not ready...we r done
Damaged or defective
Price reduction

Camping World in Keysville, Virginia - Poor Service, Incomplete Work

1.5

Update by user Apr 14, 2016

Bought a used motorhome in January, 2016. Within two weeks, I took it back to have things fixed that were supposed to work already, including both convex drivers mirrors were loose and falling off.

Was charged $129 to fix the antenna up indicator, $129 to fix an engine antifreeze leak, among other more expensive repairs.

Neither of these items were fixed; I found and fixed the antifreeze leak by tightening a hose clamp, and am ignoring the antenna up indicator. Then, when I went to flush the hot water tank, I found that it had been full of water during the frigid months. After cleaning it out and replacing the anode, I connected water only to see it running out of the coach along the slides. Investigation found that the coupling nut on the kitchen sink was broken and thus had run water thru the unit.

On the way to Camping World again, the driver’s side convex mirror fell off into the road, another repair that didn't happen correctly. Camping World charged me $23 for the nut and another $129 to "water test" the unit.

When I turned on several faucets, antifreeze flowed from them...so much for having de-winterized the coach.

Now what did that $129 "water test" actually do? No more Camping World for me.

Original review posted by user Apr 14, 2016

On the way to Camping World again, the drivers side convex mirror fell off into the road, another repair that didn't happen correctly. Camping World charged me $23 for the nut and another $129 to "water test" the unit. They left the mirror to me to find and replace. During this visit, I also spent $5K to replace the 6 tires that were dry rotted, but had passed their vehicle inspection in January. Bought a used motorhome in January, 2016. Within two weeks, I took it back to have things fixed that were supposed to work already, including both convex drivers mirrors were lose and falling off. Was charged $129 to fix the antenna up indicator, $129 to fix an antifreeze leak among other more expensive repairs. Neither of these items were fixed; I found and fixed the antifreeze leak by tightening a hose clamp, and am ignoring the antenna up indicator. Then, when I went to flush the hot water tank, I found that it had been full of water during the frigid months. After cleaning it out and replacing the anode. I connected water only to see it running out of the coach along the slides. Investigation found that the coupling nut on the kitchen sink was broken and thus had run water thru the unit.When I complained to the manager about the $129 water test, he said that their sales work order in January said to de-winterize it and indicated that the damage must have been from that. I informed him that I had not asked to have it de-winterized, but he ignored me and said I had to pay the full bill. This was on Friday. The following Wednesday, I connected water to the coach to test the hot water heater. When I turned on several faucets, antifreeze flowed from them...so much for having de-winterizing the coach. Worst, I found water dripping from the sides of the coach...yep another leak somewhere. Now what did that $129 "water test" actually do? No more Camping World for me.
Review
Cons
  • Services
Loss
Let the company propose a solution

Camping World in West Jordan, Utah - An older guy just looking for simple job.

I tried to get a job there. I was excited for, I like being around that type of thing, I like camping and such, More then qualified, I was willing to take a hit on wages, compared to what I was used to. But because of my age i'm sure that's what it amount's to, would not hire me, I'm getting very tired of this discrimination. Being a RV owner myself I have some knowledge, on most of this stuff. I used to buy all my products through them, but not now! I wont waste my time with them, I went to an RV show and sold a trailer for them, I'm not even a salesmen. Ill take my business elsewhere. Draper Utah,

Don't buy from Camping World

2.2
My husband and I spent over $21K on a 2015 Coachman Catalina Camper. The salesman told us everything was checked out and it was in great shape. We checked everything on the inside that we possible could. We asked that one of their sale personal delivery it for us. The guy was 3 hours late with the delivery then after 3 weeks of living in the camper we have discovered a water leak underneath. Called an spoke with a manager and he said due to the fact it was reowned they couldn't warranty the camper and advised we bring it back so their service department could look it over. I told him that we were told the service dept. looked it over but they most have missed the fact that it leaked water and the roof needed repair (which my husband has already done). We will not give Camping world any more of our money ever. I suggest you don't either.

They are liars and theives . Do not trust them!

Damaged or defective

Update by user Jun 29, 2016

Months I've been trying to get my refund. I called few times checking on the progress of it.

Want told anything useful. JUNE 28 I called again using a different number talking to a different person. After explaining to them what was going on he said had call back with information on what he finds out. He did call the 29th.

What he told me totally pissed me off. He said the check was sent to the credit union where the loan was. I had told Scot Ryan I paid off the loan and the money was to be sent to ME. ME not the credit union place in Omaha.

He said, its in the account that was set up with $5 so I could get the loan there. An account i never received any kind of statement or anything to know something about it. NOT EVEN THE BEST PART YET. The check was deposited in that account.....MAY 31.

YES MAY 31. Its JUNE 29nth when I'm finding this out. I've been sweating waiting on the refund since I filed for it late April. NOT A CALL OR EVEN A LETTER LETTING ME KNOW MONEY WAS REFUNDED nit to me as they were instructed but to the credit union.

I had to drive up to Omaha, find the credit union and close the account. AMAZING thank GOD I'm done with these people and this company

Update by user Apr 25, 2016

Update-- I sent the pdf to a print shop to print off and fax. Wow who knew there was info filled out on it already.

But I'm a little confused how they started the "warranty" before I purchased the trailer. From my deposit date??

Update by user Apr 25, 2016

Waiting for news on a refund check from the worst RV dealership I've done business with. I get a call saying the form can't be used that I need to print off and send a new one in thru snail mail.

I told him once and told him again it printed off to light to read from the start so how can I send a new one that can be read.

The call was ended by Scott I assumed, because I was in mid sentence. Now I have to drive all the way up there to get and sign the former and then start 2 weeks of waiting all over again.

Update by user Apr 25, 2016

I guess they also use campingworld of council bluffs since they are actually in council bluffs iowa

Update by user Apr 25, 2016

Thus is the rust bucket of a grill they sold with the trailer. They didnt even bother giving a new one.

I was afraid to use it and get lock jaw or need poison control.

I HAD TO BUY A NEW ONE. NOT FROM THEM

Update by user Apr 19, 2016

Was sent a pdf to print sign and return. The printing of that pdf was very light and it looks like I signed a blank page.

So I'm not happy ever sending someone a blank page wth my signature signed on it. They can screw me and say I agreed to it due to my signature

Update by user Apr 15, 2016

I got a call from Chris a manager at campingworld. I think wow I'm going to get some action.

WRONG. He starts talking about normal wear anf tear after I already stated the camper was totaled. So I had to interupt his trying to brush me off and say again. TOTALED.

60 MONTH "service protection" costing $2500. I only had the camper for 17 months. I should have a HUGE amount refunded to me.

We Will See what they do. I have the # for a consumer protection attorney handy.

Original review posted by user Apr 12, 2016

Bought a used camper. They finanaced adding on $2500 for what he called an extended warranty. Did not hear him say $2500. Heard him say it is included in the good sams club membership. So that was not true on any part. $2500 not included in membership it was added to price. Next NOT EXTENDED WARRANTY. SERVICE AGREEMENT. $2500 agreed to fix nothing. Trailer totaled. I sent them request for full refund and they sent me answer of not having any trailer i mentioned. Lied and misrepresented the service their added charged on my loan

Nothing has moved forward with campingworld on the refund they owe me. They have had the request and signed paper for over two weeks.

I had called Scott Ryan to find out about the refund and he didn't bother returning my call. No one has done anything as I'm aware of since no one bothers to contact me.

Fraudmagnet2

I faxed that paper back to campingworld right away the same day. Still not happy the page was so light.

I printed it 5 times and all were the same. I assume that's what they were supposed to be which has made me more concerned about how my signature will be used. To state my opinion, I don't trust those people and don't think there is an honest bone in them.

I was told the process could take two weeks. Its going to be very long wait to find out the result of this situation.

View more comments (1)
Problems with payment

Camping World in Gold Canyon, Arizona - Microwave bad on day one

2.3
I Purchased my camper at camper world Mesa AZ. The microwave was not checked properly. It does not heat food. It turns on and lights up and the fan runs. But it doesn't heat. The service department has given me the royal runaround and will not replace it. They want to pull it out and send it to the factory. Bad idea ! I will be on the road for the next 3 weeks without a microwave. So now I have to buy a microwave for my trip because you would not replace it from inventory. If this problem was uncovered before you had my money you certainly would have figured something out. This will be my last purchase from camping world
Product
Pros
  • Pleasant salesman
Cons
  • Bad service after the sale
Loss