Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Camping World and consumer FRAUD !

Purchased a used fifth wheel toy hauler in Dec 2015 from Camping World in Saukville, WI. We were told it was in perfect condition and had all needed repairs completed. THIS WAS A COMPLETE AND TOTAL LIE. Have had it in 5 times for repair and it is still not right. Their service people lie on the repair tickets when they say repairs have been completed. Store Manager, Service Manager refuse to return phone calls or answer emails. This seems to be part of the corporate culture - SCREW the customer once you have their money. FRAUD, DECEPTION, LYING is Camping World's way of doing business. This company needs to sued for FRAUD and MISREPRSENTATION OF PRODUCTS SOLD! I am attempting to bring action against them through that States Attorney office and Consumer Protection Agency for fraud and misrepresentation of products. I challenge the CEO of Camping World to contact me and talk about this problem and the problems in general with Camping World stores. Do you have the guts or moral fiber to actually accept this challenge or do I win by default? Your Saukville, WI store knows who I am and how to contact me if you have the guts to accept my challenge.

You can count on him NOT contacting you,

he doesn't really have to give a s%$t about you and your problems. Just help pass the world that Camping World, while being the biggest RV retailer IS the worst place to make your purchase.

Review
Cons
  • No response to problems documented
fraud & misrepresentation
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution
Tags
  • Camping World Warranty Complaint

Camping World - Service

Update by user Feb 16, 2017

No We found a local person and Jayco was wonderful to have them fix the stuff that Camping World messed up

Original review posted by user Jan 17, 2017

Wow does the head of Camping World read these?? Well here is my complaint. We purchased a New 2016 Jayco at Camping World of Hendersonville/Asheville NC back in Sept. We had only had it a couple weeks when we found it had a leak in the back slide out. Took it in to get fixed. Took 3 weeks to get back. Had a problem with the levels that do not auto level, took in they took couple weeks, they still do not work correctly. Had a problem with door latch.. Made apt they said would only take less than an hr to fix so we planned to wait... AND WAIT WE DID.. took them 2 hrs and when they gave us the keys and I went out to RV I could not even open the door!! got inside and pushed with my body weight yep it opened and out I went.. I was not happy... so after another hr they kinda have it fixed. it still does not open and close correctly!! Was hopping to take it somewhere else to get fixed but after reading here not sure that will work any better.. :(

To the family that went to Camping World of Asheville/ Hendersonville,

I'm having a difficult time with the same place. I'm calling corporate,going to the news and talking to an attorney.

Will you please contact me.

B. Jones

Brookelynnjones1969@yahoo.com

Product
Cons
  • Services
  • Poor service and nothigh fixed
  • Service dept did not fix problems
Service
Preferred solution
Fix the problems the first time I take my RV in for repairs

Camping World - Rv Repair Review

3.5
I have found that the Service Department Camping World of St Augustine keeps an incompent work force. Without a lot of words Igive a brief description. Purchaes a new camper in 2014? Mentioned the seat back of the dinnete area appeared to have a problem. Issue appeared to be improved went on trip for about a month. Returned same issue with backrest seat on dinnette. The service dept. was to address the problem. Well after two years of very lightuse the problem has gotten worse. I took the seat and backrest appart. Called Keystone and was told oh that seatback was only designed to support 100 pounds. Well had the selling agent hadletme know I wouldhave chosen a different unit. Back to the problem. The only thing I found after disassembly was the wooden frame work is broken,along with poor design. I can understand the bad design, to many bean counters, but to fix broken wood with copious amounts of staples does not fix a problem. I will redesign the backrest and install a better engineered framework. My advise to anyone using the service dept to R/R any problem. Before they cover up the work you demand to inspect the finished product. Also demand old parts replaced. Do no trust them.

I have read so many of your complaints and they are right up there with mine.

I paid $60,000 in cash in November 2016 at camping world in Asheville Hendersonville NC

And have a list of complaints that no one has responded to or even care about.

It's like they have my cash and don't give a S... What happens now.

NOW ITS TIME TO STAND TOGETHER WITH THIS HUGE COMPANY THAT BRAGS ABOUT HOW BIG THEY ARE, HOW MANY SPONSORS THEY HAVE AND HOW MUCH MONEY THEY GROSS !!!

IT'S TIME FOR A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT TO GET OUR REFUNDS, OUR REPAIRS AND OUR VOICES HEARD. THEY APPARENTLY DONT CARE WHAT WE HAVE TO COMMENT ON THIS SITE.

I MYSELF WILL NOT BE IGNORED AND PUSHED ASIDE THINKING THAT THEY HAVE WON.

INTERESTED IN JOINING ME TO STAND UP AGAINST THE WRONG THAT CAMPING WORLD IS DOING TO ITS CUSTOMERS? CONTACT ME AND LETS GET THIS STARTED.

The news media , attorneys and our voices will be heard. BROOKELYNNJONES1969@YAHOO.COM

Bad quality

Camping World - EMPLOYEES COULD CARE LESS

Last week I needed some propane before leaving town. We pulled in at 3:55pm with one customer ahead of us. When the guy in front of us was finished he pulled forward for us to get in. The kid working there walked away and went inside the building and did not return, so after 5 minutes I went in to see what was up. The girl at the counter told me they do not sell propane after 4pm, I informed her I was sitting in line waiting my turn for service before 4. She could care less, she said that they were not going to sell me propane, period. I could have made an issue of it, but decided I would buy it down the street and never do business there again.
Review
#992023 Review #992023 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Poor customer service

Camping World - Manager Review

Myself and several other employees left Camping World when we could no longer take the Management bullying and stupidity. Personally Marcus Lemonis and Regional *** Kevin Bostrom robbed me of $25,000.00 in pay when they decided to break my pay contract for the biggest RV show of the year so they could pocket the commission $$ they would have to pay me for busting my butt for the months to follow. Trust me, after working for Marcus Lemonis. he cares about one thing...$$$$. Forget what he says on The Profit about caring about people. He is a bully. If I sued them for the $$ while I was still an employee, I would have probably been let go. After writing a letter to Marcus to ask for the money that I was owed after I left, there was no reply from Corporate except when I followed up and was told they were "looking into it" which I know from experience to mean that I was being ignored. Marcus is an absolute bully and I will be chasing my $$ through the Judicial System while my family struggles through major illnesses financially. Believe me Camping World is an awful company and there is a special place in *** reserved for people like Marcus Lemonis and Kevin Bostrom (one of his regional managers who is literally a pig farmer on the side and should only be allowed to manage the vending machines at one location).

What location did you work out of?

Where you come from the business can you tel me about the extended service deal? I agreed to buy a 2014 Aspen trail 2470 BH right at 14K.

They are trying to get me to buy a 3K extended service agreement..... seems terribly excessive, Thoughts?

CWareGreedyThieves
@RJKerr83301

The warranty is not a bad idea. But I can tell you this.

They will try and get you to buy a 4 or 5 year warranty but they offer it in a 7 year warranty and the cos difference (I mean their cost) is minimal. Do not ever pay the $3000.00 for it, the 7 year warranty costs them about $900. That is the truth coming from me since I used to sell those warranties and know what they are trying to do. They want to make another $2000.00 profit from you.

If you want the warranty, tell them you want a 7 year warranty and you want it for $1250.00. Also, tell them you won't buy the camper unless they sell it to you with the 7 year warranty at $1250.00. They make a few bucks and you get a 7 year warranty. Don't settle for the 6 year or 5 year or 4 year warranty no matter what they try and swindle you into.

If they don't do it, tell them you don't want the camper and tell them forget it. Trust me they will do it, especially since it is getting close to the end of the month and they need every deal. And take your free year of Roadside Assistance and do not buy extra years from the finance dept. They will give you a menu with all that stuff ( Roadside Assist., Tire and wheel coverage, warranty etc.) on it and show you how your payment will only go up a little bit each month by adding the cost of it in.

Don't do it!!!Dont buy the Paint and Fabric protection!!! They make millions on it and all it is is a high tech wax job. Just promise yourself to wax the camper 2 times a year and that is all. That paint protection costs them about $200 to apply (labor included) and they charge hundreds and sometimes thousands for it.

Complete profit!!! Also, check on financing at a local credit union for a better rate (if they are offering you financing) Camping World will get a 4% rate from the bank for example and offer it to you for 6% and make profit from the bank. Play hardball with them and be prepared to walk away, they are shady scammers and bullies all the way up the chain and it starts with Marcus Lemonis. (Personally, I would try and get them to throw in the 7 year warranty).

Good luck!! And pass the word around!!!

CWareGreedyThieves
@RJKerr83301

Sorry, I misinformed you on one aspect of the warranty. On a 2014 used Rv you can get a 4 year warranty from the dealership, 7 year is available on new.

Also, low retail on that model is $11,350 so trade value is probably around $10,000 or less, so they are making a bunch of profit on you. I would offer 12,500 with 4 year warranty included, and stick to it. If you go to this link

This is the camper you are looking at. They will play a scam and tell you to click on all the features of the camper which raises the retail price, however, all of the features are included in the price I am showing you as standard equipment.

If you click on them like AC, refrigerator, etc.. all it does is raise the price because it counts them 2 times ( they are standard and then you click them and it adds their value again). A bit confusing but it is a scam the dealership uses to try and convince you that the camper has a higher value. If you bought it today and traded it tomorrow, you might get offered $10,000 for it.

Don't fall for it!!!!! Hope this info helps you out!

Please let me know. God bless!

View more comments (3)
Review
#991959 Review #991959 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Service
Problems with payment

Camping World - I placed an order and billed, was told it was on the way, and it was never even sent!

2.8
I placed an order for decorative camping lights for my son's upcoming birthday party on December 23, 2016 and they company automatically took the money from my account when I placed the order. I received a confirmation email with my order number and the email stated a shipping email would follow with a tracking number. I waited a week with no shipping email, so I phoned the company. I spoke with a representative that told me my items had shipped on December 30th and it should arrive soon, but they could not locate a tracking number. My son's party came and went with no party lights. I called to ask where my order was and they said all I can do is get a refund! Thank you camping world for dropping the ball and for the lack of communication with the customer. I could have reordered from another company if I thought the lights were not already on the way to me. They flat out lied to my face! They took my money and never sent me the lights!! It took me multiple calls to get my money refunded. Please be careful when doing business with this company!!
Reason of review
I was told our order was shipped and charged and then I found out it never even shipped!
Preferred solution
The order should have been replaced and shipped to us without cost due to the fact that we were lied to, and charged without ever receiving our order. We could have ordered from another company if we had been told in a timely manner. Poor customer service

Camping World - Rv Repair Review

1.3
What exactly happened? NOTHING WAS DONE. MY RV HAS NOT BEEN REPAIRED. ANGRY IS NOT GOING TO EVEN PUT A DENT IN HOW WE FEEL!!!!!!! We have been dealing with warranty issues, accident insurance repair, and last but not least, Camping World liability damage. We brought our home in on December 27, 2016. Today is January 14, 2017. Ask me what has been done. NOTHING. Surprised? With what we're hearing...... I suppose we shouldn't be.
Not as described/ advertised

Camping World - Sales Representative Review

The salesman swore that our side by side would fit in the toy hauler. He even went as far to say he called a dealer to get exact measurements. He also knew we were leaving in 2 days. Turns out the side by side had to have new fenders and a new body part. We also had to rip out all the cabinets to get it in. The door is too small. 1 yr later and everything from the toilet to the furnace needs repairs. I saw a piece of trim that was out of place so I took it off and turns out ( no surprise) the man door is too small and I could see outside all the way down. The door strike plates are screwed into anything.
Poor customer service

Camping World Extended Warranty

2.6
Purchased our 2015 Jayco Pinnacle 36KPTS from Camping World Madison WI. with an extended warranty. We took out our RV 3 times before we headed south to Florida for the winter. When we arrived in Mississippi we had a problem with the large 17ft slide on the driver side (when extended it is my whole kitchen with a 18cf residential fridge) and contacted Jayco for help ( Jayco contacted one of their dealers that sent out someone to come out to help get the slide in at no charge and the tech said that it looked like it was a problem from the factory ) once the slide was in we finished our trip to Tampa FL for the winter where we had reservations for Nov thru the end of Feb. When we arrived at our winter spot we had trouble with the slide again and we contacted Camping World Dover Florida to come out and help us get the slide to extend. It took 3 hours to work the slide out so we had a place to stay till Dec 6 then they were going to retrieve the RV and take and have it repaired. Once the tech started looking it over they found the frame bent but Lippert came out and said that it was with in the specs and did not need to be straighten but there is a problem with out riggers that are bent because of the weight of the slide and very little support under the slide (this is a Shwintech slide). Camping World Dover FL has gone out of their way to help us and are willing and able to fix it but the problem is with the Camping World in Madison WI. They want us to bring the RV back to WI so that they can do the repairs because they do not like the repair estimate that Dover FL is saying it will cost to repair. We do not want to return to WI when we should be able to have it fixed here in FL. If you add up the cost of the hotel stay since 4 Jan 2017 the cost of fuel, wear and tare on the truck, having it winterized and since we will not be able to stay in it more hotel stay time plus with it being winter it will take longer if the weather gets bad (which is why we came to FL in Nov) or WI can have a trucking service bring it back to Madison repair it and then it be trucked back to FL. They would be better off having it repaired here since Dover FL has all the parts and can have it put back together in 4 days or less. On Camping Worlds web site they say that you can take it to any Camping World for repair well I am trying and I am finding this statement Bull @#$&&* I want my unit fixed here in Florida and now so I can get back to enjoying my stay here in Florida.
Review
Pros
  • Camping world dover fl service
  • Service manager dover fl
Cons
  • Camping world madison not returning calls dover fl
  • After-sales service
  • Run around i am getting from the madison wi
Warranty issue
Full refund
Tags
  • Camping World Bad Customer Service

Camping World - Buying new 5th wheel in Pooler, GA

We were given a quote on a trade on a new rv. They beat any where else by $9,000 so me and my wife said lets do it. I signed the title to my rv over after we came to an agree ment and qualified for the loan.We pulled our 40 foot fifth to Pooler camping world an hour away. They said we have to do a walk through of your rv which was fine I was honest about my trade. But then it got weird they sent two guys with me to check my rv out which was fine, they disappeared then the sales man got called to the sales office. After that there was 5 guys out looking at my rv and the sales man came back and said we need $2,000 extra because all this stuff was wrong with my rv which I knew was a lie because I had those things replaced in the last year. Then he came back and said you will owe us $5,000 then $9,000 more for stuff that's wrong with my rv. I said ok I'm outta here. So basically they they tried to get the $9,000 they gave me extra for my trade back in a dirty way after I towed my fifth wheel to them and telling me there is $9,000 plus in damage. BS that was not true so beware of Camping World Of Pooler Georgia.

Beware of camping world of Pooler. They will *** be care full.

Product