Filter by rating
City:
Product:

Camping World - Customer Care Review

4.6
Went to Rossford Campings told thought might would trade in my travel trailer talked with RJ had a 2016 at a good price told him my credit was OK not poor checked it before I went can get financed elsewhere if I want but wanted to give them a chance once they heard that was like I had a disease RJ said he would call me next day cause finance person was busy never heard back I called him and left message no return call talked with him later said finance person had day off would let me know next day no call again so called and he said he had to check with boss and then said maybe I should check back later 6 months or so as soon as I said my credit was not great around 700 going up not down felt like they never checked my score because I never signed paper saying they could I think I will go out of town when I am ready to buy did feel welcome at camping world
Good customer service

Camping World - Repair Review

Hi, I just want to start off with the troubles that Camping World in Greenwood and for that matter all locations there Service Departments is a joke on how they operate and bringing people in for service and you wait around for weeks to get in and that goes for all Dealerships then they get put off for weeks and when you call it's hard to get an answer or if you do it's filled with lies and I've talked to people were there unit had been there for months and they miss camping season because of it. They will bring in waiter customers and get them done over an all day process and here your camper will set there and not get touched which is not a good business trade to work that way. I have found a pulled up on the internet and there are other Rv Service shops in this location which I have talked to people that have gone there and they have treated them good and was honest and up front with them and had them done that day or within a few days depending on the repairs. The technicians that work at camping world are not qualified techs and have a lot of them that has never worked on them and it's understandable that you have to train your people but not on the service units that belong to customers. But please just be aware of the situation and as far as buying a unit there also I'd do your research first before buying there because there are to many complaints against them and the last time I heard they changed management to try and make better but it'll never be better when all of camping worlds work off commission so that should let you know they will stick it to you as much as possible because they have to make there pay. I've had conversations with employees there and I don't recall not one of them had anything good to say about working there and it's really a shame that you can treat people that way and not think anything about it. I've whatched the Profit show and that's as much of joke as Camping World is as he rips those people off as he does his main company where he started which to let you know that was handed to him he never started it from the ground up. Well one last this to all that read these complaints like I had said earlier PLEASE look at the other service departments around the area before going to Camping World for a bad experience your suppose to enjoy camping not hate it. There is a small shop that I've heard a lot about located in a campground called Lake Haven Retreat I believe it's called TNT Rv Repair I heard they was real good and quick.

Camping World - Manager Review

3.3
My husband and I went to CW in Rocklin,CA. to purchase DirecTv equipment, as that is our favorite. The young gal at the front counter came to help us and seemed quite knowledgeable. We were given incorrent information, unknowingly and bought a Dish network system. We came home and set it all up and we hate it, but had tv. Today, I see a DirecTv guy in our park, so In speaking with him, find out I could, in fact have DirecTv, for our RV. Ok, so I call the CW store where we purchased the system and tried to ask the Manager if we could exchange the Dish network for the way more EXPENSIVE DirecTv system, because we got wrong info. He goes off like a rocket at me, calling me a liar, " No girl from the front counter helped you because they are just Cashiers." HOW RUDE, CAN ONE GET? I was NOT LYING. What kind of Manager says someone is, "just a cashier?" The young lady that helped us was friendly, professional and quite knowlegeable, for being so young, in my opinion. We just seemed to get wrong info. No problem. No need to put your staff down over it. I have called CW CORPORATE and opened a case for my complaint. They stated I should receive a call back in 24-48 hours. We'll see, after reading the negative reviews, I had no idea...1392 reviews all complaining! My husband and I actually apprecited going there. Anyway, we'll see. At tje LEAST, THIS MANAGER SHOULD BE FIRED FOR ABUSE TO HIS FEMALE EMPOYEES! Christine Huiras

Camping World Customer Care Review

Worst place to have service done. Sceduling a month ahead means nothing to them.
Poor customer service

Camping World and consumer FRAUD !

Purchased a used fifth wheel toy hauler in Dec 2015 from Camping World in Saukville, WI. We were told it was in perfect condition and had all needed repairs completed. THIS WAS A COMPLETE AND TOTAL LIE. Have had it in 5 times for repair and it is still not right. Their service people lie on the repair tickets when they say repairs have been completed. Store Manager, Service Manager refuse to return phone calls or answer emails. This seems to be part of the corporate culture - SCREW the customer once you have their money. FRAUD, DECEPTION, LYING is Camping World's way of doing business. This company needs to sued for FRAUD and MISREPRSENTATION OF PRODUCTS SOLD! I am attempting to bring action against them through that States Attorney office and Consumer Protection Agency for fraud and misrepresentation of products. I challenge the CEO of Camping World to contact me and talk about this problem and the problems in general with Camping World stores. Do you have the guts or moral fiber to actually accept this challenge or do I win by default? Your Saukville, WI store knows who I am and how to contact me if you have the guts to accept my challenge.

You can count on him NOT contacting you,

he doesn't really have to give a s%$t about you and your problems. Just help pass the world that Camping World, while being the biggest RV retailer IS the worst place to make your purchase.

Review
Cons
  • No response to problems documented
fraud & misrepresentation
Loss
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution
Tags
  • Camping World Warranty Complaint

Camping World - Service

Update by user Feb 16, 2017

No We found a local person and Jayco was wonderful to have them fix the stuff that Camping World messed up

Original review posted by user Jan 17, 2017

Wow does the head of Camping World read these?? Well here is my complaint. We purchased a New 2016 Jayco at Camping World of Hendersonville/Asheville NC back in Sept. We had only had it a couple weeks when we found it had a leak in the back slide out. Took it in to get fixed. Took 3 weeks to get back. Had a problem with the levels that do not auto level, took in they took couple weeks, they still do not work correctly. Had a problem with door latch.. Made apt they said would only take less than an hr to fix so we planned to wait... AND WAIT WE DID.. took them 2 hrs and when they gave us the keys and I went out to RV I could not even open the door!! got inside and pushed with my body weight yep it opened and out I went.. I was not happy... so after another hr they kinda have it fixed. it still does not open and close correctly!! Was hopping to take it somewhere else to get fixed but after reading here not sure that will work any better.. :(

To the family that went to Camping World of Asheville/ Hendersonville,

I'm having a difficult time with the same place. I'm calling corporate,going to the news and talking to an attorney.

Will you please contact me.

B. Jones

Brookelynnjones1969@yahoo.com

Product
Cons
  • Services
  • Poor service and nothigh fixed
  • Service dept did not fix problems
Service
Preferred solution
Fix the problems the first time I take my RV in for repairs

Camping World - Rv Repair Review

3.5
I have found that the Service Department Camping World of St Augustine keeps an incompent work force. Without a lot of words Igive a brief description. Purchaes a new camper in 2014? Mentioned the seat back of the dinnete area appeared to have a problem. Issue appeared to be improved went on trip for about a month. Returned same issue with backrest seat on dinnette. The service dept. was to address the problem. Well after two years of very lightuse the problem has gotten worse. I took the seat and backrest appart. Called Keystone and was told oh that seatback was only designed to support 100 pounds. Well had the selling agent hadletme know I wouldhave chosen a different unit. Back to the problem. The only thing I found after disassembly was the wooden frame work is broken,along with poor design. I can understand the bad design, to many bean counters, but to fix broken wood with copious amounts of staples does not fix a problem. I will redesign the backrest and install a better engineered framework. My advise to anyone using the service dept to R/R any problem. Before they cover up the work you demand to inspect the finished product. Also demand old parts replaced. Do no trust them.

I have read so many of your complaints and they are right up there with mine.

I paid $60,000 in cash in November 2016 at camping world in Asheville Hendersonville NC

And have a list of complaints that no one has responded to or even care about.

It's like they have my cash and don't give a S... What happens now.

NOW ITS TIME TO STAND TOGETHER WITH THIS HUGE COMPANY THAT BRAGS ABOUT HOW BIG THEY ARE, HOW MANY SPONSORS THEY HAVE AND HOW MUCH MONEY THEY GROSS !!!

IT'S TIME FOR A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT TO GET OUR REFUNDS, OUR REPAIRS AND OUR VOICES HEARD. THEY APPARENTLY DONT CARE WHAT WE HAVE TO COMMENT ON THIS SITE.

I MYSELF WILL NOT BE IGNORED AND PUSHED ASIDE THINKING THAT THEY HAVE WON.

INTERESTED IN JOINING ME TO STAND UP AGAINST THE WRONG THAT CAMPING WORLD IS DOING TO ITS CUSTOMERS? CONTACT ME AND LETS GET THIS STARTED.

The news media , attorneys and our voices will be heard. BROOKELYNNJONES1969@YAHOO.COM

Bad quality

Camping World - EMPLOYEES COULD CARE LESS

Last week I needed some propane before leaving town. We pulled in at 3:55pm with one customer ahead of us. When the guy in front of us was finished he pulled forward for us to get in. The kid working there walked away and went inside the building and did not return, so after 5 minutes I went in to see what was up. The girl at the counter told me they do not sell propane after 4pm, I informed her I was sitting in line waiting my turn for service before 4. She could care less, she said that they were not going to sell me propane, period. I could have made an issue of it, but decided I would buy it down the street and never do business there again.
Review
#992023 Review #992023 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Camping World - Manager Review

Myself and several other employees left Camping World when we could no longer take the Management bullying and stupidity. Personally Marcus Lemonis and Regional *** Kevin Bostrom robbed me of $25,000.00 in pay when they decided to break my pay contract for the biggest RV show of the year so they could pocket the commission $$ they would have to pay me for busting my butt for the months to follow. Trust me, after working for Marcus Lemonis. he cares about one thing...$$$$. Forget what he says on The Profit about caring about people. He is a bully. If I sued them for the $$ while I was still an employee, I would have probably been let go. After writing a letter to Marcus to ask for the money that I was owed after I left, there was no reply from Corporate except when I followed up and was told they were "looking into it" which I know from experience to mean that I was being ignored. Marcus is an absolute bully and I will be chasing my $$ through the Judicial System while my family struggles through major illnesses financially. Believe me Camping World is an awful company and there is a special place in *** reserved for people like Marcus Lemonis and Kevin Bostrom (one of his regional managers who is literally a pig farmer on the side and should only be allowed to manage the vending machines at one location).

What location did you work out of?

Where you come from the business can you tel me about the extended service deal? I agreed to buy a 2014 Aspen trail 2470 BH right at 14K.

They are trying to get me to buy a 3K extended service agreement..... seems terribly excessive, Thoughts?

CWareGreedyThieves
@RJKerr83301

The warranty is not a bad idea. But I can tell you this.

They will try and get you to buy a 4 or 5 year warranty but they offer it in a 7 year warranty and the cos difference (I mean their cost) is minimal. Do not ever pay the $3000.00 for it, the 7 year warranty costs them about $900. That is the truth coming from me since I used to sell those warranties and know what they are trying to do. They want to make another $2000.00 profit from you.

If you want the warranty, tell them you want a 7 year warranty and you want it for $1250.00. Also, tell them you won't buy the camper unless they sell it to you with the 7 year warranty at $1250.00. They make a few bucks and you get a 7 year warranty. Don't settle for the 6 year or 5 year or 4 year warranty no matter what they try and swindle you into.

If they don't do it, tell them you don't want the camper and tell them forget it. Trust me they will do it, especially since it is getting close to the end of the month and they need every deal. And take your free year of Roadside Assistance and do not buy extra years from the finance dept. They will give you a menu with all that stuff ( Roadside Assist., Tire and wheel coverage, warranty etc.) on it and show you how your payment will only go up a little bit each month by adding the cost of it in.

Don't do it!!!Dont buy the Paint and Fabric protection!!! They make millions on it and all it is is a high tech wax job. Just promise yourself to wax the camper 2 times a year and that is all. That paint protection costs them about $200 to apply (labor included) and they charge hundreds and sometimes thousands for it.

Complete profit!!! Also, check on financing at a local credit union for a better rate (if they are offering you financing) Camping World will get a 4% rate from the bank for example and offer it to you for 6% and make profit from the bank. Play hardball with them and be prepared to walk away, they are shady scammers and bullies all the way up the chain and it starts with Marcus Lemonis. (Personally, I would try and get them to throw in the 7 year warranty).

Good luck!! And pass the word around!!!

CWareGreedyThieves
@RJKerr83301

Sorry, I misinformed you on one aspect of the warranty. On a 2014 used Rv you can get a 4 year warranty from the dealership, 7 year is available on new.

Also, low retail on that model is $11,350 so trade value is probably around $10,000 or less, so they are making a bunch of profit on you. I would offer 12,500 with 4 year warranty included, and stick to it. If you go to this link

This is the camper you are looking at. They will play a scam and tell you to click on all the features of the camper which raises the retail price, however, all of the features are included in the price I am showing you as standard equipment.

If you click on them like AC, refrigerator, etc.. all it does is raise the price because it counts them 2 times ( they are standard and then you click them and it adds their value again). A bit confusing but it is a scam the dealership uses to try and convince you that the camper has a higher value. If you bought it today and traded it tomorrow, you might get offered $10,000 for it.

Don't fall for it!!!!! Hope this info helps you out!

Please let me know. God bless!

View more comments (3)
Review
#991959 Review #991959 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Service
Problems with payment

Camping World - I placed an order and billed, was told it was on the way, and it was never even sent!

2.8
I placed an order for decorative camping lights for my son's upcoming birthday party on December 23, 2016 and they company automatically took the money from my account when I placed the order. I received a confirmation email with my order number and the email stated a shipping email would follow with a tracking number. I waited a week with no shipping email, so I phoned the company. I spoke with a representative that told me my items had shipped on December 30th and it should arrive soon, but they could not locate a tracking number. My son's party came and went with no party lights. I called to ask where my order was and they said all I can do is get a refund! Thank you camping world for dropping the ball and for the lack of communication with the customer. I could have reordered from another company if I thought the lights were not already on the way to me. They flat out lied to my face! They took my money and never sent me the lights!! It took me multiple calls to get my money refunded. Please be careful when doing business with this company!!
Reason of review
I was told our order was shipped and charged and then I found out it never even shipped!
Loss
Preferred solution
The order should have been replaced and shipped to us without cost due to the fact that we were lied to, and charged without ever receiving our order. We could have ordered from another company if we had been told in a timely manner. Poor customer service