Filter by rating
City:
Product:

Camping World - Delivery Service Review

5.0
Camping world the store in Akron was wonderful! Our salesman Charlie was awesome the whole shopping experience was great! Would definitely go back..The delivery was a whole different experience. The guy Bo was terrible very disrespectful, drove our camper in another campsite and got stuck. My husband kindly told him I thought you were going to stay on the road and angle it in, he said with an attitude it wouldn't of mattered I would have had to come in the yard anyways. NOT TRUE! He did try to grab some wood to lay it down near the tires but no luck. He told my husband that we signed papers stating that if they get stuck its our responsibility to get it out. No one ever explained that to us. I told my husband to goto the front office to see if the owner of our campgrounds can help. As he was gone, I over heard the delivery driver on the phone saying I did what the guy told me to do which was to drive in the yard. Again NOT TRUE! My husband never told him that. I kept my cool up to that point. My husband came back and the delivery driver was un hooking our camper and was going to just leave it where it was. My husband stated that the owner of the campground was coming with the tractor. They got him out with our camper, he came back around stayed on the road and angled it in within a matter of minutes, which is what he should've done in the first place..If the driver would have just had a better attitude I think everything would've been a little easier to handle, but he was simply aweful. So we now have a tore up camp lot that needs fixed. A earful from the owner of the campground. But we do love our camper very much. If there is a paper that was signed that states we are responsible for anything the delivery driver does, that needs to made clear at signing after all we did pay 100.00 to have it delivered. Thank you The Tesch Family.

I went to the wrong Camping World

Bought a new trailer in May, from them last year........I should have looked elsewhere. Salesman was surly and on "lookover" did not give much information and was short when I asked questions. Called today because battery was dead and wanted to know what to do. Also, wanted to find out how to roll down the awning. The person who showed us how to do so originally, did it quickly, gave us no directions how to get the darned thing down, and all that he said was that it was complicated. Minimal directions were given as to how to start up/regulate ect. the various systems. (Water, electric, plumbing, waste ect. but I thought that the manual supplied would show that. It doesn't. Called today three times and each time no answer at the service desk and was told only one service man on duty and he was busy. The secretary said that he would call me back. Still waiting. The manual says go to dometicusa.com for info on how to lower the awning. I don't even know if that is the awning that is up there and when went to the website, stated that I need model number which was never given to me, and can't be found on the generic Dutchman manual given to me, so can't even do that. And thus the repeated calls to Spartanburg. Very disgusted with the sales and service departments, and I am still waiting for my call. We are leaving on a trip tomorrow so am peeved at all of this. The staff inside in the store was very nice. The salespeople and service people should model themselves after them.

Camping World a Good SCAM not good SAM

4/17/17 Purchased a Jayco camper from Camping World in Woodstock, GA. We live in NC. This location some how mixed are address up and had all are mail sent to a FL address including payment book. We worked with a finance rep. by the name of Julie. All of the paperwork I checked was wrong. We spent 8 hrs at this dealership to purchase a $10,000 camper. WTF?? We have purchased $75,000 boats in 2 hrs. or less in the past. Purchased camper about a month ago. Called the bank to try and locate our payment information. Found out our payment was due today. Thanks again Woodstock Camping World. You would think these foks off I-575 with such a large inventory could get it right. My wife has left several messages for some manager named Mark. HE NEVER RETURNS CALLS- Maybe Marcus needs to check this location out because they suck. The only guys that had his act together was Rob who now is in service. My plans are to list this dealership on as many web sites as possible. Buyer beware. Walt & Laura, NC--

MARCUS doesn't give a flying you know what about any of this.

People what him on the UN REAL reality show show and get the very UN REAL impression that he is good. Not so, he is a total sham.

Finance dept sucks!
Loss

Camping World - Customer Care Review

1.6
Called ahead on thursday to make sure they had the camper we wanted. Went in on Saturday morning and waited 40 minutes for a salesperson then waited 3.5 hours while they searched for our camper only to find out they had sold it the day before. We settled then on a similar but not what we wanted model. Finally filled out all the paper work only to find that they do not take credit cards. Then filled out a financing app. By then it was closing time so we had to wait until Monday to pick up the camper. Turns out they had 2 identical campers and had sold the good one monday morning. The remaining camper had several items that were damaged but nobody bothered to let us know until we had been there for several hours. We finally had to hunt down the sales manager to find out what the holdup was. No one bothered to keep us informed as to when the camper would be ready. In the end we were so discusted we told them to foget the sale and we left. We had at that point spent 9 hours sitting and waiting with little or no contact with the sales or finance team I give them a negative 5 rating.

Sounds like bait-and-switch.

Camping World - Customer Care Review

My husband and I purchased a camper from Camping World in the Atlanta area. We spent eight hours they're going through a closing. They never got the paperwork right and we own another house in Florida. They mistakenly sent all our mail to Florida which we do not live there. And then we get no information because it's going to Florida instead of the address of our residents. Now we're late on our payments because the payment book went to the other address. I would never ever recommend Camping World they have people that work there that don't even attend college probably. They are very quick and they do not check their paperwork so be cautious when you purchase a camper at Camping World.

"I would never ever recommend Camping World they have people that work there that don't even attend college probably".

And what college did you attend that learned you to write so good?

Problem with delivery

Camping World in Roanoke, Virginia - Bad service and they do not stand by their work.

Update by user Apr 18, 2017

Went to Camping World after work yesterday to talk to the Service Manager in person they claim its not their fault that the camper leaked after they fixed the slide even though the service tech checking me in said different. Well he said he didn't charge me for fixing the slide and we talked about getting new interior parts that had gotten warped from the water damage.

I think he was just blowing smoke because hes done it before.

I am willing to wait and see if they follow through this time. I doubt it and will keep posting updates.....

Update by user Apr 18, 2017

I think he was just blowing smoke because hes done it before.

Original review posted by user Apr 17, 2017

I have purchased a 2015 Heartland wilderness and have had nothing but problems. The first year we had roof problems where in 4 small spots where the camper cover had rubbed through the roof. The service manager and the general manager are the ones that told me the $500 camper cover THEY sold me did it and I shouldn't of used a camper cover. During this heated discussion the Gen Mgr. tells me the extended warranty that I had purchased for the roof didn't cover it and I would have to just deal with it or claim it on my insurance (As the general manager is grinding his fist at me and my husband during the conversation as to be threatening which made my husband even more upset). Then something with the heat went out but it was a small part that warranty did cover. Thank God! We literally took it out right after it was fixed and went that weekend to go camping and we get to Lexington and the slide wouldn't go out. It was fine before camping world....They did get it finally fixed but not without arguing about using that extended warrenty they talked me into but they finally did it under the warranty.And lets not mention how the floor was damaged and the panel they put back had nail marks filled with filler in it. I am not so happy......So I took it home covered it up and was so done with it and camping world. (making sure there was something on the rubbed spots so it wouldn't happen again). Now all this is within 1 year of a brand new camper. So I open it up for the first time on Sunday and on Monday night we get a severe storm and what happens when we go into it on Wednesday... its leaking messing up the pressboard and soaking the carpet. And we notice the slide is crooked the panel is water damaged and the bolts in the slide are coming out. It wasn't leaking before we had the slide fixed and it wasn't crooked. But guess what nope it wasnt there fault. they will even the slide but they wont fix the water damage or the floor. I didn't notice it earlier because I literally brought it home and put the cover on but because that was last season it had to be my fault. They couldn't tell me why the slide was crooked and it had nothing to do with them fixing it last season. But the service guy that checked us in told us it was unacceptable work and it would be fixed . Until the service manager signed off on it he said it could of been a stick but there wasn't a stick in it . Hello I just took the cover off I have no trees around my camper so where is this stick and how did it cause the slide to drop 2-3 inches. Way to stand by your work! Now that I'm done with my rant I hope you get something from this. I saw another camper once drive down the road with a huge cardboard lemon on it with camping worlds name on it now I know why. I heard Jeff Johnson was a good place to go so I would definitely go there or anywhere else but Camping Worlds Service their products and Management are horrible. RUN!

Update: So it's still at camping world because the slide and all the water damage from them not properly fixing the slide isn't fixed. We have called and called and left messages and nothing no return calls and when we go down there the only person that would know something about my camper is NEVER there.

You have a bunch of people standing around in service and no one can find your paperwork or keys. Not once but every time it's amazing..... So we had a planned short weekend trip on the 9/22 so i called repeatedly to see if it's been fixed yet because over a month ago Mike The service Manager said ALL the parts came in and i even broke it down to him (because he's lied to me before) and said the fascia for the slide and the veneer that is damaged by the stove and the fridge and he said yes. So finally they say I can pick it up and when I get there with my husband.....Guess What......Yep it wasn't all fixed.

Just the fascia for the slide was fixed. So Lisa in warrenty came outside and took one look at the slide and said nope its not fixed it has a big gap on the inside where it should be flush to the wall which is why it was leaking and all the blue tape that was put there for the veneer/cabinet damage is still there and she said it needs to be fixed. And on top of that there was fading on the front where it's been in the sun with service papers stuck to the front of it for almost a year. And some trim on the top was coming off.

It wasn't like that when we brought it in. Lisa seemed very concerned and acted like she couldn't believe what was going on and she found other issues and took pictures. She said that we could leave the camper there if we wanted or take it for the weekend and bring it back either Sunday 9/24 or Monday 9/25. So when we said we would bring it back and asked for the keys......Guess what no friggin keys.

So now Lisa said she would order me a set and I requested all the service papers we had with them she said she would have them to me on Monday 9/25. What else could go wrong. I received this email after numerous calls to lisa for my service papers (so I can start a case against them)

Attached are the work orders from our shop at Camping World in Roanoke as you requested.

There are no parts on order. No repairs have been approved through Heartland.

The fascia replacement was a gesture of goodwill from our service manager.

Please let me know when you plan to pick up the camper as the work was completed September 7th and it needs to be removed from the property as soon as possible.

Lisa Stephens Warranty Administrator lstephens@campingworld.com 888-772-1230 Ext 1204 8198 Gander Way Roanoke, VA 24019 Nice! WOW! It took her 4 weeks to get me that paperwork she promised me on 9/25. I never received a call on the 7th.

I didn't know it was supposedly fixed until the week of Sept 18th. and Lisa told me to bring it back on 9/25 because the initial problem of the slide was still not fixed properly which caused it to leak in the first place. And that she will have all the other damages fixed and clean the camper for me when its done. I am currently seeking legal advice.

I emailed their corporate office yesterday 10/24 and Paula the GM calls me and asks whats wrong with my camper shes not familiar with me or my camper issues. So I asked Why are you calling me is it because I emailed corporate. She claims that she never got an email from corporate. Thats BS because why would you call me to tell me you not familiar with me or my camper issues.

I have talked to her several times. Maybe she should look into the problem before calling the customer so she doesn't look so incompetent.

DONE DONE DONE!!!!!!! I have no Idea how they stay in business!

UPDATE: Here it is August 4 2017 and the camper is still at camping world. My husband and I have called on numerous occasions and no one will call us back.

We have gone down there severval times and every time we do either the service manager is on vacation hes at another store or they cannot find the keys or the computers are down. Oh and it's very interesting how when i called this last time 3 x in a row telling them i will keep calling until he picks up.... he is miraculously there and answers the phone and said he hadnt recieved mine or my husbands numeous voice mails...and he will check on it and call my husband right back in a couple of minutes that was at 10 am its 11:17 am. Friday.

Not to mention the service guy said they'd call Monday. Well its Friday and i still have no answers. They say sorry try back tomorrow. REALLY!

You-ve had my camper since April.

I am so angry. They just need to buy the *** thing back from me

View more comments (1)
Review
Cons
  • Bad service
  • Customer service arrogance
  • Shotty work
Bad quality

Camping World - Rv Repair Review

After purchasing my 5th wheel in Vacaville ca 2 months ago at the close of the month with the agreement to fix the paint on the cap and clean up the rust on the underside. We took delivery of our new Columbus 2017 36 ft 5th wheel. After our first trip out we discover some minor issues. Upon return from our 1st trip, I called the store to ask when we could bring it in for the repairs. Was told any time. Took a Friday off the took it back to the store. Was told on the phone they were ready to take care of all the issues and that had all of the parts. It's been 4 weeks of excuses. Sat in Vacaville 2 weeks waiting for parts . When I took it and when calling back no return calls. The salesman has tried to help. Sales great but the rest of the org sucks, I have been trying to be understanding but without updates and having to esculate it's been a terrible experience . The corporate likes is bad and my guess is because of service after sales. I am a high tech GM and if I ran my business with the likes of intel etc. I am sure they would find other sources more responsible for service

Camping World - Review in Dealers category

Had anyone been told they could definitely pull a trailer and convinced to buy it to find out they talked you into one too heavy?

YES! I do not trust dealer to tell me how much i can pull.

I showed my manual to a dealer and it said GCVW was 12,700#. They said I have more than enough capacity....trailer only 5500#, i can pull 12,700# according to them. WRONG!!!

While I do have capacity the GCVW is the weight of the trailer and the truck pulling it combined plus cargo..........so i really had 7200# capacity.

Don't believe the dealer..........look it up for your verhicle

Camping World - Roof Repair Review

Order #11452. I paid $****.00 to have roof sealed as a preventatuve measure and now four months later I now have a roof leak. I never had a leak before. I was very upset before due to the price and service we received at the time. Today, I am furious with the results. As always, there is no one available to look into our concerns which are now complaints about Camping World.

Bought a 2015 Jayco travel trailer from Camping World in Northern Arizona. They showed us the spec sheet that showed a price of $29K.

They sold it to us for $23K. Later we looked at the spec sheet and realized it was showing a NEW PRICE. We thought we were getting a great deal, and spent additional monies based on the savings.

Upon calling them, the sales person said something like "so you spent $3-4,000 too much !

Corporate office just referred us back to our dealership and after explaining to them the unfairness and failure to point out that the price displayed was a new price, they did absolutely nothing. Their sales tactics are up there with the sharks (attorneys).

Do your research and BUYER BEWARE !

Bad quality

Camping World - UnProfessional Service Departmant

If you are thinking about service work being done at Camping World Roanoke, think again. You would think that people who only work on RV's would be professionals but that is not the case here. Had to order parts two weeks ahead of time (not a problem) but they did not order all the parts required to do the job. Charged me for more than twice the man hours it took to install the parts they did have. Charged me 4 hours labor that was not required, more than $400.00. Don't even think about it, go someplace else, Anyplace would be better! Michael
Review
Cons
  • Lied to by service department
Order processing issue