Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Camping World - Service Departmebt

Bought a 2017 Heartland Pioneer from Camping World in July of 2016 2 weeks later in August of 2016 I went back to the dealership showed the service manager Butch some photos of my camper that I thought things were wrong with one of them being that the wheels were kind of bowed out he looked at the pics and said oh no they'll do that its the way they are so as the year went on other things started to break so I called them they said oh we're about a hundred people deep we won't be able to get to you but we'll put your name on the waiting list and will call you lo and behold no one ever called in February of 2017 I called again got the same exact story so in May of 2017 my brake light on my coach kept coming on so I took it back had to argue with him about all the warranty issues had a leak in the windowsill when we were leaving after picking it up only after the warranty was corrected because we called Heartland RV the guy that brought us our information Pat told us that our axle was bad on our camper due to the blowout we had after we bought the trailer so I told him I would like to speak to Butch so when Butch come out he said oh yeah I do remember you talking to me about that I told you the axle was bad then you need to bring it in om gee what a liar he never said that I would not have drove a 2017 brand new camper around with a broken axle I would never recommend anyone buy anything from Camping World nor would I ever recommend anybody buy a Heartland RV....

Camping World in Lubbock, Texas - Worst Service Dept

This is the most incompetent Service Department. NO ONE EVER RETURNS CALLS!!!! IF YOU NEED ANYTHING DONE DO NOT BRING IT TO THE LUBBOCK TX LOCATION! Our RV is our home so when we needed several repairs with most of the main ones under our extended warranty sold to us by another Camping World we brought it to the Lubbock, TX location. They had it for two weeks which was more than enough time to get everything taken care of. When we went to pick it up we were appalled at what we found. NOTHING that was warrantied was done! The only thing done in the two weeks was the state inspection. That was it. On top of that some how someone managed to put a big nick in our wood freezer door. How could that happen? Because they did nothing and there was no claim to file, we were not able to claim our expenses while we were out of our home. When asked about it we were given all kind of excuses. When I called to talk to the manager of the service dept. he was as helpful as a wet rag. I couldn't even get the store manager to call me regarding our problem. I cannot say enough bad things about our experience. JUST DO NOT GO THERE!

I can not even do a review now..They shut the system down because so many bad reviews..I went to buy a large part for my RV and no one to help me..Thats fine..I tell them and point to the Disply unit and tell them I want that exact one or one like it..She tells me I have to bring my RV in to match ...So I leave to go to a place that had a requirement of a IQ over 10 from their employees and was trapped in the parking lot by a trailer that was moved behind the customers cars...After waiting I see another employee that could not get a job at Micky Dee's and he acts like he is going to help me back up..After doing a 4 point turn I go to leave and he said I HIT the trailer..I get out to look and said :There isn't even a smudge on the dust..He starts to call me a idiot..I told him we could settle it off the premiss so he would not get into trouble from his work..He cursed at me..Icursed back and told him to go put on a dress since he was acting like such a bit$h...Today I get a call from the Lubbock Police saying he reported a Hit & Run..WoW.Need I say any more of this place..

• Worst Service Department Ever

Camping World - No need for and appointment, Hurry up and wait.

I called Tom Johnson Camping World of Concord on yesterday 6/22/17 and asked did I need and appointment for a state inspection that takes about 15 minutes. I was told I didn't need a appointment so I came into the location on this morning at 11:15 a.m. for a state inspection. I was told that they only had one person doing the inspections today and he was doing a walk thru on a new rv for a customer. I was told that the walk thru would take a couple of hours and I could wait and I will be seen next. I was not seen until 3:45 p.m. and it only took 15 minutes to do a state inspection. This is a total disgrace the way this was handle from the start. Customer service is very poor and lack of communicate with patrons.
Review
Cons
  • Poor customer service
  • I wasted 6 hours for a job that took 15 minutes
  • Sirpliia RV poor customerservice

Camping World - Refuses to refund our 250.00 after holding for 1 evening till next day after changing our minds on camper

After 2 times at Camping World se should have learned. But 3 is a charm. These folks who run Camping World are decieving,misleading,and participating in dishonest practices. The 1st 2 times we went we were fast Eddied into pulling our crefit report. We went to our credit union and got complete financing and satisfaction. Now we return because we know they have a large selection. On June 21st. Stayed about 7 hrs. Shopping comparing campers. So we draw up paperwork. We were asked to leave a 3000.00 deposit hold on RV. We look stunned! So how much can u leave sales guy says. We said 250.00 just as we had left at Bankston Motors. Our 1st shopping experience for RVs. ! So we gave them our credit card and they held $250. We live in Alabama and their particular RV company in Tennessee had messed up our paperwork and showed us that they could not charge us tax since we lived in another state. Now the 22nd we go to the DMV and find out that out-of-pocket we are going to have to pay for the ad valorem the tags and also the license plates and registration totaling approximately $1,300. We had another comparable RV at Bankston Motors that we really liked better and we had finally made a decision and I previously left $250 deposit at Bankston Motors wish they kindly refunded when we knew that a Class A or Class C was not going to work for us. When we called two Camping World in Tennessee we were told that our money of $250 was non-refundable and that they would not refund it. They said that the third line down on the estimate paperwork said initial deposit non-refundable however we had been there as I said nearly seven hours and had not seen that nor were we given sufficient time to read over the paperwork nor will we told in the Senate seven hours of spending with the salesperson or spending with the last 10 or 15 minutes with the finance person anything about our money being non-refundable. These are extremely crafty and deceptive people and a built-in Empire upon keeping and praying on newcomers to the RV world's money. I am filing this complaint because we will fight them to get our small $250 back so they cannot continue to do this to other people!

You are in america.Protest on public property near the store.Have big signs saying what crooks they are and what they have done.Record it and put it on YouTube Facebook and Instagram. Sooner or later they will pay you back to make you go away.Contact your local news about your protest.Let the world know just how they are so they lose bussiness. Contact your credit card company to reverse the charge.

DetailedRottweiler

Can you do a follow up to this? Did you ever get your refund back? We are in the same situation unfortunately.

I wish I had saw this before Saturday.. they have just done the same thing to use in Biloxi

@Anonymous

Good luck getting your paperwork to get your tags. We bought ours in July and still don't have plates.

Management blames the state I live in and the office employee blame her "heavy work load". They really have some internal issues in Biloxi.

I hope I never have to step a foot back in that place. They need to start at the GM level and start cleaning house.

WildBird172
@Anonymous

I wish we saw it too...We were victims of dishonest folks running the Camping World in Raleigh/Garner NC. Loss of $1,000.00 for nothing in return!

Trained best *** artist company there is. We have been hosed by them also, promised repairs to be handled at one of their other locations, after denying to fix some of the repairs they agreed to do, which I have record of.

I Left it with the other location on a Tuesday, thinking this was going to be a better experience since it's located 900 miles south of the purchased location, and I was told they would call me that afternoon as to when repairs would be ready. I called late Wednesday and was advised company policy is they have 48 hrs to get into shop and check things out. It's know Saturday. Work 79 hours after RV dropped off still no word.

Laughable I truly believed the " company policy " comment. After all we've been through why I'm I surprised. They have my 100k It's companies like this the government should be investigating, to protect the consumer. Received a call Friday from an outsourced company to see how well Camping World treated us and our experience has been!

Well the nice lady received a ear full. I was kind to her but explained all the issues and would like to hear from Camping World corporate. She advised report would be sent in but really doubted o would ever hear from anyone.

My reply " no surprise *** Artist do not know how to make things right they usually do not come back by the ones they scam! She chuckled lightly have a good day sir.

This has been resolved quickly!My husband called the corporate office and they promptly refunded or credited our credit card.They acted shocked that they would even request 3000.00 down for us taking paperwork to our credit union to see what payments would be and check on state tax for RV. Since it was out of state..they were seemingly nice until we got terribly railroaded.

View more comments (6)
Problems with payment

Camping World - CW Service (that's a laugh) Department

My experience with CW is that once you purchase the unit, they don't care about you. I bring my unit in to get something done, thinking that I have an appointment but oh NO. I only have an appointment to bring it in...not to get it serviced. Then they schedule your service which could take weeks...and they never call you back. And when they do the service, they do a *** job. I had the 45 point inspection which was expensive and when I got it home, I found that I had corrosion on my battery. When I went in and asked the service rep about it, they told me they do the check...but it doesn't mean they fix it! And they don't even tell you if anything is wrong?? They have "fixed" the sheathing on the front window and made a divit in the leather on the dashboard...now fighting over them fixing it on their dime. They "fixed" my shower and when I went camping with the unit, the shower flooded my RV. I've demanded that they fix the shower unit AND insure that there is no water damage but how can I trust them!! I am frustrated and it appears that CW doesn't care at all. Will NEVER purchase a unit from them again.

Good, don't go back & do everything in your power to stop others from falling for their BS.

Review
Cons
  • Service department
Warranty issue
  • sloppy service
  • Camping World Nashville Tennessee

Camping World - Missing Parts & NO communication - Camper World Panama City

My husband and I just upgraded our toy hauler camper while on vacation to a Coleman Lantern toy hauler. We love the camper but if we had found this website we would have found the camper somewhere else and not have wasted two days at Camper World on the trade just to leave and find out our camper is missing parts that Camper World does not want to ship us. Their service after the sale is horrible and the management staff are the most rude individuals I have ever met!!! We are over 12 hours away!! The salesman, the sales manager, and even the General Manager were nice during our deal of course. We paid for parts that are not accessories to our model. We were told one story by the salesman and a different during the walk through by someone else about different features. We never were given books on the features of what all features did what!! Once the papers were signed and we were on our way pulling the beautiful new camper, not one of them will return a phone call or an email. The most important piece of equipment that is missing Is the stands to hold up the ramp to load our motorcycle. The reason we traded a fully functioning toy hauler for a toy hauler is to HAUL TOYS...motorcycles, golf carts, etc. We asked for the district managers name and number and we're told no, we could not have that information. Never again will we shop at Camper World and would not recommend them to anyone!!

Please please help spread the word about Camping World and what a bunch of dirt bags they are. They are ruining the RV business

Review
Cons
  • Lack of response
Not as described/ advertised
$2000
Price reduction

Camping World - Uncaring

Once again camping world has disappointed. From the time we bought a brand new trailer that broke right away and they refused to fix for months so we had to go elsewhere to trying to return a dog ramp that was useless. Yes my dog tried it , how else would I have known it was junk. Go to ret it and cause you could see my dogs nail Mark they said oops can't resell so sorry your lose. Really we spend Thousands a year. Nope this time I'll pay extra or wait and order online. Screw big companies that make more money then they know what to do with. Love ya when Camper shopping but after you mean nothing.
Product
Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy

1.5
Camping World - Horrible customer service
I bought a brand new 2018 Thor Hurricane and paid extra $1000 for a complete inspection. The salesman was and is fantastic. He has gone above and beyond to try to get these issues fixed. 1st thing that happened was that the emergency brake light would not turn off resulting in a loud alarm. They had a mechanic look at it who said it was wired in wrong but I could just pull up on the emergency brake pedal while pulling on the release to get the alarm and light to turn off. When I said can't you just fix it he responded, it should fix itself eventually. Next when I opened up the slide, I notice a cut in the Linoleum in the middle of the main room. There was a second one by the bathroom door. There is also large chips in the sink that someone had painted over to try to hide them. I found metal pieces on the floor and found out that the locking washers were falling apart in the fold out sofa bed. I called service who said they need to speak to the Laurie the service manager. Then service called me back and said that Laurie said that they would just take care of it later when they do my warranty service. I called back and left a message for Laurie. A few days later I left a second message with no response. Finally, my salesman got ahold of Laurie who said to make an appointment for service. I called today and I was informed that they don't have anything open until mid August. I called Thor Customer Service who said they can't do anything until Camping World sends pictures and opens a claim. So now I have to wait until August to have the pictures taken so they can make a claim. So what did I pay the $1000 for if it wasn't even going to be looked at? Also, I paid for the extended warranty through Camping World and if this is an example of how they handle their warranty work I just spend a lot of extra money for nothing. My suggestion is not to purchase anything from Camping World. There service is terrible and they don't know the meaning of customer service.

Same thing. Paid extra for all these warranties with the understanding anyone could work on it.

AC went out and no one would work on it because it was from Camping World. One week and numerous phone calls later, I have to bring it 4 hours away to the dealership.

They gave me a 5 week timeline. So much for summer.

You should never have to pay extra for an "inspection". If I read correctly, it was new, the dealer is supposed to prep and inspect as part of the sale.

There is a video on YouTube that just came out, it shows Camping World's nefarious tactics.

Anyway, you probably overpaid for the warranty based upon my experience. You are entitled to a prorated refund on the extended service plan, read the service contract or find the video online.

View more comments (1)
Review
Pros
  • Dedication of the salesman shawn
Cons
  • Service department
$2000
Let the company propose a solution

Camping World in Woodstock, Georgia - Extremely dissappointed in Service Charge as a long time customer

2.8
Brought my 2010 Chalet into the shop in Woodstock Ga. Needed a skylight cover replaced. This plastic piece was $39. The service dept did not quote me a price to make this modest repair, and when it was fixed, they charge total was $392. A $39 plastic cap replacement costs roughly $400. I have asked the service manager for consideration on this charge to no avail. As a consumer, these labor charges for a simple fix is more then I pay licensed HVAC, Plumbing or engineer contractors in my business. I've bought 2 RV's and was in line for a 3rd, from this camping world. This experience is insulting and as a customer, I will not go back to Camping World as a buyer. Robert

Good STAY away from those dirt bags, tell everyone you meet to stay away from them also.

Pricing issue
Price reduction

Camping World in Wentzville, Missouri - Terrible nobody seemed to know what was going on

Went in for a freeze sensor for ac unit where i was told after 45min of no answers or part that you can't get that part without buying a whole new unit. I told the lady helping me i find that hard to believe that i only need this $25 part but want to sell me a $700 unit. Awful expierence there and the service guy i talked didnt have a clue what he was talking about. I will not be returning nor will i reccomend anyone to go there