Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Resolved

Resolved: Camping World in Lincolnshire, Illinois - No clear indication of length of Sale Offer

3.7

Update by user Aug 10, 2017

I called back to Camping World (on a whim) on their Catalog's Customer Service number and got a very helpful Customer Service lady who said "Yes" that she could see the previous price and could adjust to the sale price that was available when I add it and the two other items to my "Wish List". Additionally, although I was $2.00 short of Free Shipping, she was able to offer me that bonus.

The first lady was not able to assist me and was not helpful in offering to check the prices etc.; she said that they never know about what is on the on-line sales.

Now, though, I am once again a very happy Camping World customer. Sincerely, Nell48

Original review posted by user Aug 10, 2017

I had put 3 items on my wish list to purchase via their website; and when I went to purchase them the next day - the price on one item (the most expensive) had gone up by about $8.00. . There was no indication that the price on my item was a "one day only" or limited - when I called to ask about their mistake - the person (who was nice) stated that the Customer Service people know "nothing" about when prices change" or if there is any variation from day -to-day. Which meant there was no offer to review and return my item to the original Sale Price. IF I had seen any notification on the site at the time this was a "One Day" sale, of course I would have place my order. I am very unhappy - I was the victim of a sort of "Switch & Bait" Scam from Camping World
Review
Cons
  • No assistance for correction of sale price
Pricing issue
Preferred solution
Price reduction

Camping World - Rotted Roof

1.5
Bought new 2016 Lacrosse Luxury from Camping World in Bossier City La had sever issues. But the main problem was a leaky roof. They supposedly fixed it last July / August but leaking again 1rst April. Told me warranty was out. Took to an independent service shop was told roof was rotted fro front back about 3 ft. Said no way that happened in shot time I had it. Had to have been leaking while setting on the lot. They also said there were holes in roof we never found any holes were plywood was rotted only one small pin hole 3ft from it. No help from Prime Time only got run around. Unusable do to walls maybe full of mold. Had to hire Lawyer.

You are *** out of luck

Better Check your slide out floors. They will probably be needing replacement next.

Prime Time products need LOTS of remanufacturing.

Damaged or defective

Camping World - Camer on back burner

2.4
I bought a 2018 mallard camper from campin world of Panama City Florida about 2mounths ago. When we got back to my home town of Jacksonville Florida . Notice a couple problems so I call made an appointment. Sorry I don't remember names but a women made my appointment. Then the week I show up a man was their. He was rude to me because I just showed up I told him I had appointment. I had a small list of problems he said leave the camper will get to it when we can. They should have more help if their that busy. I live 25 miles from camer world it about and hour later he calls and said come pick up your camper we order the parts. I could of waited if was going to be that quick. I was it would take a month for the parts. A pin the keeps the tv from swing around from on room too the other and a tap light under a bunk bed. No word yet. We went camping 2 weeks ago and had a lot of rain and a puddle of water on the floor its leaking from under a window. That's should be taking care of asp its 2018 camper. I'm Afraid to take it to camper world Jacksonville Florida they will put on the back burner. I'm customer maybe not a 200 thousand dollar customer. I feel their taking care motor homes were they cane make money. My work would be warrant work. I hope you can help we with my problem. Thank you so much for reading this. Charles M Swanson Home-904-276-2367 Cell-321-759-5814 Address 1375 Pawnee st Orange Park Florida 32065

You are going nuts over a pin and a light. Go to Wal-Mart and buy the stuff to fix it

Review
Cons
  • One person was nice and one was rude in service department

Camping World in Midway, Florida - Thieves and Liars

2.8
I wouldn't even give [ANY!] CAMPING WORLD one star. 1 day after buying my RV here - I am told I need 2 new ACs, so I spent the nite @ a hotel because I travelled 160+ miles to this CW to purchase my (used) RV with only 33,000 miles. Unbelievable - not only did my RV break down (160+ miles from CW where I purchased my RV) - JUST 3 hrs after buying my RV @ the Tallahasse CW location (and spending over $6,000 in repairs, replacing inoperative ACs, paying for a full/detailed inspection, on the day of purchasing my RV here - it "failed" an inspection and required repairs just a few months after buying it, and broke down 2x in a few months. On one occassion trying to leave after a camping trip - being "stuck" (again!), as the jacks wouldn't retract - with this happening JUST 1 month after buying the RV causing more repairs & replacements! Less than 30 minutes of leaving CW, having JUST bought it here.... I complained to the Svc Dept of my problem/my concern not being able to put a DROP (literally) of fuel in my RV - being told, "I am not pumping gas properly!" REALLY? A RV gas tank IS a regular frickin gas tank! Like an ***, I even went to 3 different gas stations trying to put fuel in my newly-purchased RV (again, not even after being off CW's sales lot 10 minutes - unable to put ANY fuel in it!). The gas pumps kept "kicking off" like I was "tapping off" the gas tank, so I assumed the fuel gauge was faulty and the fuel tank was full. NOT! Well, the fuel pump AND the fuel gauge didn't work! Well, I "broke down" (less than 3 hours leaving CW!) because of course - my fuel tank was empty! Leaving me stranded @ midnightght in 30, with my 2 dogs & over 160 miles from CW - where I JUST bought my RV! So, the fuel pump had to be replaced, costing nearly $1,800 - just LESS than 48-hrs after buying my RV here! And, I PAID for an (apparent) "FULL" inspection @ CW, on day of purchase! Well - the wrong roof sealant type was applied by CW. A month after buying my RV here - the stairs didn't work so I had to spend $1,200 on its replacement. Then, 6 months later - the RV breaks down 2x - BOTH TIMES within 48-hrs after a drive from FL to CA, only to find out ALL the spark plugs basically exploded and looked like sparklers because previous owner applied electrical tape to damaged wires! Then, the RV breaks down AGAIN in 110 heat - stuck in the middle of nowhere, in the desert! The next day, RV breaks down AGAIN (on a busy freeway!) as the CAM sensor failed. Again - after my RV "passed" CW's complete, expensive "inspections"! Also, another RV dealer, 6 months after purchasing my RV @ this CW, found my LP tank "failed" inspection and that the LP gauge was faulty. Again - this too was inspected by CW but "passed"! I only found out about this serious problem because I had serious doubts of CW, so I had the LP tank get a 2nd inspection by a different RV dealer! But...what a dumb *** I am to fall for this ***, AND - what vehicle dealer would keep ANY TYPE of vehicle on its lot on an empty gas tank when they know it's gonna be test driven? (again....cause I am a *** I don't doubt them, and worse...TRUST them!). NOTE TO SELF = RED ALERT on ANY sense of shadiness - eventhouth the sales rep is being your "best friend", as they see NOTHING BUT $ signs - being SHADY, a thief AND greedy! BUT again, what does one expect - falling for the cliche "car" salesmen ***! Oh - BTW....speaking of 'trustworthiness" - sales guy (TIM), I hear regurgitating: "I am a retired cop - you can trust me" - recalling this B.S. SALES PITCH - totally trusting a former police officer - "falling" for typical, expected car dealer mentality/disgusting, selfish motive & LIES - just [really] irritated with yet ANOTHER SALES REP. And worse.....I'm retired/TOTALLY, permanently disabled (with a short life expectancy, for a 49 year old, thus my seeking (sought) the RV full-time lifestyle! Why would one EXPECT - any - better from ANY (vehicle) sales person RVs? ESPECIALLY BE AWARE! AND - especially of [ANY] CAMPING WORLD, cause they're TRULY a "world" of their own!
Product
Damaged or defective

Camping World - Too *** to be making corporate decisions

Trying to buy MH in Alabama. Researched AL DMV and learned that they provide a DRIVE OUT FORM just for the purchase of out of state buyers. Yet, when this was brought to the attention of Campingworld corporate, they would not allow the AL dealer to use it. Therefore, employee's will have to deliver this across state line to avoid customer having to pay AL sales tax. The person making this decision, is TOO *** to have a job. Someone this *** needs a gaurdian. The deal has yet to be finalized. It is becoming an extreme inconvenience. This is costly for Campingworld and completely *** off customer!!!!

Camping World - They sell bad products

1.1
Camping World sold me a reject camper.I told them when I bought it that I am a widow I could not tow if it needed repairs and they agreed to pick it up repaired if I needed .anything .well when I got the camper they delivered it ,I couldn't open it till the following year because it was late in the season till I bought it and then when I opened it there was so much wrong with it they would not pick it up and repair it.Camping World sells rejects don't buy from them. Toilet don't flush, awning bent, my granddaughter got cut on nails sticking up,table seats fell apart,my outside sink was broken! It is a bad product. Forest river cared even less when I called them.

I have a 2012 Wildwood 25S. We love it and if they still had the same model I would buy new again .

They have since cheapened them up to the point that i feel not only Wildwood but a lot of others are useless. They have gone from built in generators to no generators . Two propane tanks to one.No front window. Two batteries to one , on and on.

We have had motor homes , campers , trailers , etc.

Trailer has always worked best for us but I can also tell you that living in the southwest a travel trailer without a generator is useless. And a front window is a must as well otherwise you might as well live in a jail cell.

I wouldn't even give [ANY!] CAMPING WORLD one star.

@john Lee Bass

Don't buy a used camper. That on you that you did not have someone look at it first.

That is on you. Why would you buy something you can not take care of or tow.

View more comments (3)
Bad quality

Camping World - Bad place to do business with north little rock camping worl

1.8
We bought brand new unit from north little rock camping world at diamond drive and it was worst thing ive ever went through they treated us great till day money came through then like second rate people after that we had unit two days slide broke so toke it in got out again same thing again found water tank had dropped on wiring so fixed it then left on our trip find we have no lights on unit find wire hanging under it so back at different camping world this time hoping better out come

Can you please learn to use a period. You should have checked the camper before you took it home.

You will very soon get tired of the camping world service, at any of the locations.

Time to go find a dealership that actually cares about people, they might help you out if you are nice to them.

Bad quality

Camping World in Jackson, Mississippi - Customer Service is Horrible!!

My husband and I went to the Camper World in Jackson, MS and found a camper we wanted to purchase. We made a deal with the saleman, sales manager and the finance manager. They asked us for $5,000 down and we worked out a trade and they only needed $1,000 down which we gave them on Saturday, July 29, 2017. We went back to the dealer on Sunday, July 30, 2017 and gave them the additional info they needed and we thought we were ready to do the deal. They told us to be back on Monday to do the paperwork so they could close the deal for July. My husband went back on Monday and so happened the sales manager was off that day and no one new anything about our deal. Since we do work for a living my husband left to go out of town and they were supposed to call him. I emailed the warranty info about the camper we were trading in to the finance manager and asked him to get back with me and I even called and left him a message the same day. It is Thursday, August 3, 2017 and I have yet to get a return phone call from him. He did finally respond to my email on Tuesday, August 1 and several more attempts from me. He told me to hold on and he was calling the bank and he would get back with me - that was on August 1, 2017 at 10:18 a.m. and I have yet to get a response back from him. So once again after no return phone calls or response to emails my husband makes a 4th trip to the dealership to be told that they needed $5,000 more down from us to make the deal work. What a joke. Of course, he told them no and requested the $1,000 back that he had given them in cash on Saturday, July 29, 2017. He was told that he would have to make another trip back to their dealership on Monday, August 7, 2017 to get his refund check back because the lady that cuts the checks is out of the office. Once again what a joke!! You can't tell me that a dealership this big does not have a backup plan in place to cut checks when someone is out of the office. I am telling you from first hand experience DO NOT EVER DEAL WITH THE CAMPING WORLD. We started reading all the reviews and realize this was actually a good deal for us that it didn't work out because these people are a joke and they do not care about their customers at all. Melinda Arender, Braxton , MS

Understatement about never dealing with Camping World

You just don't know how lucky you are.

Preferred solution
Full refund

Oakwood, GA Camping World does not live up to advertised price

We found a used 5th wheel on the Camping World website and called to set up an appointment. We specified this unit only. When we got there, we went through a lot of high pressure sales tactics and they wanted a firm commitment before giving us the final price for the unit we wanted. After talking to his "supervisor" we were given a price more than $5000.00 over the advertised price. We refused and wanted to leave, however, the salesman had taken my husband's driver's license saying he needed it to get us the final price. We had to request it be returned FIVE times before they would finally give us back his license and we could leave. We felt as though they were holding us against our will. Would NEVER do any business with this company.

Anybody other than law enforcement won't give you your license back you call law enforcement.

Review
Cons
  • Pricing tactics
  • Sales management
Pricing issue
Tags
  • Georgia Camping World

Camping World

Some of these problems are due to camping worlds service. 2 x I have had them to fix things first time took 6 weeks and no one would answer my call and the second time they had it for two months which included minor body repair. But work was horrible and then they washed. Must have used bleach because the whole front was faded with streaks bleaching out the logo in front. This is a 2016 model and looks like a 2001.