Filter by rating
City:
Product:

Like the RV, Do NOT like Camping World of Greenwood, IN

Update by user Feb 14, 2018

We give up on this place! Just stay away if you are smart!

Camping World in Indiana said from the start they would fix our door handle.They said it was ordered (keep in mind we have had this RV 18 months already). They told us it was in and bring our RV there. We go out of our way and get an oil change while we were there, they never even bring it inside to do the oil change, they tell us they can't find the door handle, they lost it.

I am SO disgusted with them now I will never walk in that place again, do yourself a favor and stay away, if you need repairs go to somebody else that can service your warranty. I would go to the one in Belleville MI again but NEVER the one in Greenwood Indiana, sorry I ever walked in that place!The service people helped us when my husband overshot the trailer putting the car back on, I give them that, but we never would have been there in the first place if they didn't tell us to come and they would put the door handle on, what a joke!

Update by user Sep 11, 2017

We are happy with Camping World of Indiana now. They paid us for the batteries and are taking care of the other things we need done under warranty.

The Service Department was always very good, we were upset about things not found before we took delivery, I still maintain they need to do better inspections before they hand things off to people. Moral of the story is, make sure you bring an inspector who knows what they are doing before you take delivery on a new RV, especially if it is a previous model year.

Original review posted by user Aug 15, 2017

Don't believe one word Bobby Lee at Camping World in Greenwood, IN tells you if you know what is good for you. We bought a previous model year RV that was supposedly "new" about 6 weeks ago. We have made 3 visits for repairs so far. All of the issues should have been fixed before they ever gave it to us to drive off the lot, and were caused by the staff taking it out on joy trips (supposedly to RV show but they told us they take RVs out on joy trips) and being left out in the winter without being properly winterized (at least not the batteries). The worst thing is the batteries, because it was a previous model year and sat on the lot, they let the batteries freeze in the winter time and we were told that was why the batteries would not hold a charge (by a different Camping World). We had to put in 4 new batteries plus installation, a $700 cost that is completely Camping World of Greenwood Indiana's fault, but we have not been able to recoup the funds from them. They will not return our phone calls and we finally had to file a grievance with Camping World corporate, but we don't know if that will get us the resolution we deserve. We had to pay to have them clean the RV but it was very dirty in most places. They didn't inspect anything or catch any problems before they gave it to us, and the fixes to problems THEY ARE RESPONSIBLE for were made under our warranty, don't be like us....find the problems and make them fix it BEFORE you pay, you should not have to pay for issues they caused. We are disgusted and will never buy from Camping World again, if we ever want to upgrade we will find a more reputable dealer. NEVER buy from this dealer without hiring a reputable inspector to check everything (because camping world will NOT do it and if you are on your first RV like us you will NOT know what to look for) make them let you take it for a ride on the highway so you can hear what is loose (we had a couple of things) and keep in mind that they only want your money and don't care about you at all, buyer BEWARE!

I'm dealing with similar problems with camping world in greenwood and am preparing documents to report fraud and practices that should spark interest from the attorney general. They have had my unit for over 4 months and the list of complaints long.

If you are aware of others we should share our concerns. I am hoping others have filed complaints with the better business bureau so a trend can be documented.

CyndiD

Camping World in Indiana said from the start they would fix our door handle. They said it was ordered (keep in mind we have had this RV 18 months already).

They told us it was in and bring our RV there. We go out of our way and get an oil change while we were there, they never even bring it inside to do the oil change, they tell us they can't find the door handle, they lost it. I am SO disgusted with them now I will never walk in that place again, do yourself a favor and stay away, if you need repairs go to somebody else that can service your warranty.

I would go to the one in Belleville MI again but NEVER the one in Greenwood Indiana, sorry I ever walked in that place! The service people helped us when my husband overshot the trailer putting the car back on, I give them that, but we never would have been there in the first place if they didn't tell us to come and they would put the door handle on, what a joke!

CyndiD

I do have one more thing to say right now though, Camping World in Bellville, MI is excellent. They were really down to earth and the nicest people to deal with and they did a good job and were very fair to us, even though they were a collision place and are not even selling our type of coach (he said yet, but I tell you if they start selling I know where I will go if I want to upgrade).

They could not honor our warranty for the batteries because Camping World of Indiana is responsible (they are the ones who left it out in Winter and let the batteries freeze, then sold it to us like that). The 2 RV places are polar opposites, Camping World of Belleville MI is excellent, Camping World of Greenwood IN is horrible and you should run as fast as you can in the other direction from them!

CyndiD

I doubt they will do anything to resolve this but I am waiting to see if they do, however I doubt it. I wish I had read reviews before I purchased from Camping World.

If they don't resolve this, I will warn everybody I meet in the RV world and post all over RV forums and the Internet to stay away from them, they don't realize how good I am at complaining, but they will if they don't make this right! I haven't even said all I want to say on here yet because I am waiting to see what they do.

Cut your losses and stay away from them from here on out, if you continue to try and get satisfaction you will just get more disappointment.

STAY AWAY FROM THEM. DON'T EVEN BUY TOILET PAPER THERE.

@Anonymous

You are absolutely RIGHT, they don't keep their word and you can't trust them at all. Belleville MI yes, they are great, Greenwood IN, RUN as fast as you can!

View more comments (5)
Warranty issue

Camping World in Lincolnshire, Illinois - Gift Card

Placed an order on August 6th for a gift card and eight days later it is still "awaiting shipping". It is a simple gift card, I can't understand why it would take a full week to process and ship. How much time could it possibly take to slip a gift card in an envelop and put it in the mail? I have placed several orders with Camping World and not one has been processed without some kind of issue or delay. It is pretty clear there online ordering system is very poor. In addition, all of my correspondence has gone unanswered by them. Not once I have received and explanation or an apology.
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered

Camping World in Elkhart, Indiana - Poor workmanship and poor quality.

My wife and I will definitely not be purchasing another thor motorhome product plus we will never buy anything else from camping world nor will we use their sorry service department. Their service people cant fixed even the smallest of problems. We have had to repair our own new rv as they are totally clueless.
Bad quality

Camping World in Conway, New Hampshire - Appalling Customer Service

2.2
I am a first time camper purchaser as I am 30 years old but by far a very seasoned camper as we have been camping or owned a camper my whole life. I found the exact camper that I wanted at the Camping World in Center Conway NH, brand new 2017 Keystone Premier. We went up looked at it loved it worked out the deal, made a list of very small touchups and repairs to be done. One week later was our pick up date and walk through. Over an hour past our walk through appointment time I went to find my new camper. When I found it I was COMPLETELY appalled to find a glue like substance all over the front and side of my camper and that nothing on the list of fixes had been done to it and they barely had swept my camper. When I did all my paperwork the lady gave us this big long story on how much time the techs spend looking through the camper, testing it, cleaning it and making it pristine for our walk through (LIES). They did the cleans and the repairs and two hours later we were on our way home. Just to get home and find out that the electric Jack on the front of the camper will not run off of the battery as were told and as it should. The next day we had loaded all of our stuff to prepare for our first big adventure and found that not only does the Jack not run off of the battery but NOTHING in the camper does. Called the RV elite technician just to find that this is a major wiring issue that is built to the frame and that to fix it they will need to take the whole undercarriage and part of the floor out of my BRAND NEW 2017 camper. Called Camping world just to be told well we did something and we will need to bring it back. Hung up on by the service manager when explaining to them that we felt they needed to send a tech or be responsible for bringing the camper back as they are over 2 hours away from us. Called corporate as now i am an INFURIATED customer and want nothing more than to return the lemon and get all the financing and credit reversed. They couldnt have given a *** less about taking my complaint said they would have the sale site call me. 24 hours later still nothing. Called corporate again "they have 48 hours to get back to you" NOT AN ANSWER. Thanks for nothing i will take time out of my day to return your junk product. NEVER IN A MILLION YEARS WOULD I SEND MY WORST ENEMY THERE or to any site as corporate is also a JOKE

So sorry for you, I wish I could stop everyone from being victimized by these ruthless bast%#d's.

Camping world is the worst thing to happen to the RV industry.

Review
Cons
  • Lack of responsibility
  • Service
  • Disliked whole experience
Loss
Price reduction

Camping World Bartow is unorganized and full of Crooks.

Camping World Barton is the same way horrible! Insulted on my trade and then called by a Sales Mgr (Mike) and argued with me about how I was wrong thinking my trade (2016 Forest River Wildcat 29RLX loaded) was worth more than $18,000.00 on trade for a $50K. I just can't believe they called me to ruffle my feathers more at home. I've purchase 6 units in the last 16 years. It's not like I'm new here at this. Then he goes as far to say how I probably paid to much for my unit. Ha what a joke this place is. And from what I've heard it is getting like this all over. I tried to call the camping world in Dover to see if they could transfer the unit from Bartow to them and was told that they couldn't do hat because they weren't licensed to sell that unit. What a bunch of ***.

Do business with a non camping world dealership. PLEASE.

@Anonymous

I have and 3 times before won't even visit the store in Bartow ever.

View more comments (1)
Review
Cons
  • Lack of communication and dishonesty
  • Mislead and wasted our time
  • No effort to make a deal
Preferred solution
Fair deal and not treated like I'm ignorant
Tags
  • Fifth Wheel Camper
1.5
In June 2017 I traded my motor home that I purchased at Dusty's Camping World in Bartow. I have had several prior terrible experiences there in the past with the service dept, being lied to and not answering the phone as they see who it is on caller ID!!!. Well, here...

Why would you go back there. Did you not learn from the first time

View more comments
Review
Cons
  • Sales management
  • Poor work
  • Service department and warranty
Warranty issue
Loss
Preferred solution
Partial refund for three years left on my warranty
Resolved

Resolved: Camping World in Lincolnshire, Illinois - No clear indication of length of Sale Offer

3.7

Update by user Aug 10, 2017

I called back to Camping World (on a whim) on their Catalog's Customer Service number and got a very helpful Customer Service lady who said "Yes" that she could see the previous price and could adjust to the sale price that was available when I add it and the two other items to my "Wish List". Additionally, although I was $2.00 short of Free Shipping, she was able to offer me that bonus.

The first lady was not able to assist me and was not helpful in offering to check the prices etc.; she said that they never know about what is on the on-line sales.

Now, though, I am once again a very happy Camping World customer. Sincerely, Nell48

Original review posted by user Aug 10, 2017

I had put 3 items on my wish list to purchase via their website; and when I went to purchase them the next day - the price on one item (the most expensive) had gone up by about $8.00. . There was no indication that the price on my item was a "one day only" or limited - when I called to ask about their mistake - the person (who was nice) stated that the Customer Service people know "nothing" about when prices change" or if there is any variation from day -to-day. Which meant there was no offer to review and return my item to the original Sale Price. IF I had seen any notification on the site at the time this was a "One Day" sale, of course I would have place my order. I am very unhappy - I was the victim of a sort of "Switch & Bait" Scam from Camping World
Review
Cons
  • No assistance for correction of sale price
Pricing issue
Price reduction

Camping World - Rotted Roof

1.5
Bought new 2016 Lacrosse Luxury from Camping World in Bossier City La had sever issues. But the main problem was a leaky roof. They supposedly fixed it last July / August but leaking again 1rst April. Told me warranty was out. Took to an independent service shop was told roof was rotted fro front back about 3 ft. Said no way that happened in shot time I had it. Had to have been leaking while setting on the lot. They also said there were holes in roof we never found any holes were plywood was rotted only one small pin hole 3ft from it. No help from Prime Time only got run around. Unusable do to walls maybe full of mold. Had to hire Lawyer.

You are *** out of luck

Better Check your slide out floors. They will probably be needing replacement next.

Prime Time products need LOTS of remanufacturing.

View more comments (1)
Damaged or defective

Camping World - Camer on back burner

2.4
I bought a 2018 mallard camper from campin world of Panama City Florida about 2mounths ago. When we got back to my home town of Jacksonville Florida . Notice a couple problems so I call made an appointment. Sorry I don't remember names but a women made my appointment. Then the week I show up a man was their. He was rude to me because I just showed up I told him I had appointment. I had a small list of problems he said leave the camper will get to it when we can. They should have more help if their that busy. I live 25 miles from camer world it about and hour later he calls and said come pick up your camper we order the parts. I could of waited if was going to be that quick. I was it would take a month for the parts. A pin the keeps the tv from swing around from on room too the other and a tap light under a bunk bed. No word yet. We went camping 2 weeks ago and had a lot of rain and a puddle of water on the floor its leaking from under a window. That's should be taking care of asp its 2018 camper. I'm Afraid to take it to camper world Jacksonville Florida they will put on the back burner. I'm customer maybe not a 200 thousand dollar customer. I feel their taking care motor homes were they cane make money. My work would be warrant work. I hope you can help we with my problem. Thank you so much for reading this. Charles M Swanson Home-904-276-2367 Cell-321-759-5814 Address 1375 Pawnee st Orange Park Florida 32065

You are going nuts over a pin and a light. Go to Wal-Mart and buy the stuff to fix it

Review
Cons
  • One person was nice and one was rude in service department

Camping World in Midway, Florida - Thieves and Liars

2.8
I wouldn't even give [ANY!] CAMPING WORLD one star. 1 day after buying my RV here - I am told I need 2 new ACs, so I spent the nite @ a hotel because I travelled 160+ miles to this CW to purchase my (used) RV with only 33,000 miles. Unbelievable - not only did my RV break down (160+ miles from CW where I purchased my RV) - JUST 3 hrs after buying my RV @ the Tallahasse CW location (and spending over $6,000 in repairs, replacing inoperative ACs, paying for a full/detailed inspection, on the day of purchasing my RV here - it "failed" an inspection and required repairs just a few months after buying it, and broke down 2x in a few months. On one occassion trying to leave after a camping trip - being "stuck" (again!), as the jacks wouldn't retract - with this happening JUST 1 month after buying the RV causing more repairs & replacements! Less than 30 minutes of leaving CW, having JUST bought it here.... I complained to the Svc Dept of my problem/my concern not being able to put a DROP (literally) of fuel in my RV - being told, "I am not pumping gas properly!" REALLY? A RV gas tank IS a regular frickin gas tank! Like an ***, I even went to 3 different gas stations trying to put fuel in my newly-purchased RV (again, not even after being off CW's sales lot 10 minutes - unable to put ANY fuel in it!). The gas pumps kept "kicking off" like I was "tapping off" the gas tank, so I assumed the fuel gauge was faulty and the fuel tank was full. NOT! Well, the fuel pump AND the fuel gauge didn't work! Well, I "broke down" (less than 3 hours leaving CW!) because of course - my fuel tank was empty! Leaving me stranded @ midnightght in 30, with my 2 dogs & over 160 miles from CW - where I JUST bought my RV! So, the fuel pump had to be replaced, costing nearly $1,800 - just LESS than 48-hrs after buying my RV here! And, I PAID for an (apparent) "FULL" inspection @ CW, on day of purchase! Well - the wrong roof sealant type was applied by CW. A month after buying my RV here - the stairs didn't work so I had to spend $1,200 on its replacement. Then, 6 months later - the RV breaks down 2x - BOTH TIMES within 48-hrs after a drive from FL to CA, only to find out ALL the spark plugs basically exploded and looked like sparklers because previous owner applied electrical tape to damaged wires! Then, the RV breaks down AGAIN in 110 heat - stuck in the middle of nowhere, in the desert! The next day, RV breaks down AGAIN (on a busy freeway!) as the CAM sensor failed. Again - after my RV "passed" CW's complete, expensive "inspections"! Also, another RV dealer, 6 months after purchasing my RV @ this CW, found my LP tank "failed" inspection and that the LP gauge was faulty. Again - this too was inspected by CW but "passed"! I only found out about this serious problem because I had serious doubts of CW, so I had the LP tank get a 2nd inspection by a different RV dealer! But...what a dumb *** I am to fall for this ***, AND - what vehicle dealer would keep ANY TYPE of vehicle on its lot on an empty gas tank when they know it's gonna be test driven? (again....cause I am a *** I don't doubt them, and worse...TRUST them!). NOTE TO SELF = RED ALERT on ANY sense of shadiness - eventhouth the sales rep is being your "best friend", as they see NOTHING BUT $ signs - being SHADY, a thief AND greedy! BUT again, what does one expect - falling for the cliche "car" salesmen ***! Oh - BTW....speaking of 'trustworthiness" - sales guy (TIM), I hear regurgitating: "I am a retired cop - you can trust me" - recalling this B.S. SALES PITCH - totally trusting a former police officer - "falling" for typical, expected car dealer mentality/disgusting, selfish motive & LIES - just [really] irritated with yet ANOTHER SALES REP. And worse.....I'm retired/TOTALLY, permanently disabled (with a short life expectancy, for a 49 year old, thus my seeking (sought) the RV full-time lifestyle! Why would one EXPECT - any - better from ANY (vehicle) sales person RVs? ESPECIALLY BE AWARE! AND - especially of [ANY] CAMPING WORLD, cause they're TRULY a "world" of their own!
Product