Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Camping World in Meridian, Idaho - Service after sale is a joke!

1.3
Did not get keys for ramp door, Service Mgr. could care less other than bring it in. 4 hour one way trip. Multiple issues with Keystone 240URS that I was going to take to them for repair in the fall but afraid that they wont do the work anyway so I will do myself or have a dealer that I do trust, Thompson RV in Pendleton Ore, do the work. Called several people to include the Mgr of the store and not a return call. Christopher stated that he would call Keystone about keys and call me, still no call. Thompson's called Keystone and have keys on the way, that service WITHOUT the sale. Very Disappointed with the whole purchase experience. Will not recommend Camping World to anyone.
Loss

Camping World - Totally bad business policies!

Terrible! I was totally ripped off. Will never patronize this business again!

Camping World Richmond

Let me start by saying this. I have bought vehicles, motorcycles, boats and I have never had such a bad experience when purchasing something. We spent several months looking for a new camper. We finally decided to go to the Boat Sport and Travel Show. We spent two days looking at different campers. When we decided to purchase one we bought it from Camper World of Richmond, our sales consultant Mitch was good. The Finance Manger that day seemed to know what he was doing. We signed papers that day. I should have done more research on Rates but that is my fault. We were told that with the purchase we would receive a New 50-inch TV. We are now two months later still have not received that. I did refinance with my local bank less than a week later for a better rate. I called and left message after message, sent emails to the Finance Manager to get the all extras cancelled. It took him over a month to finally get me the paperwork to get this cancelled. I was also in touch with him about title work. It took them 45 days to get my paperwork for a brand new camper. I was told due to my troubles that they would refund my paint and protection by David Dozier. Now he will not even take my calls or answer any of my emails. I do not believe that the Paint and Fabric protection was even done. When we got the camper home you can tell that they did not even get it cleaned up for delivery. There was wood chips in the bathtub and all over the floor. I do not like giving bad reviews, but do to my experience I say buyers beware. If I could give a zero that is what I would give.
Review
Cons
  • Hold time and customer service
Preferred solution
Full refund

Camping World - Bad experience/sells/delivery/office personnel

3.3
Not the things you would expect when buying a New fifth wheel,My salesman didn’t have my unit ready when promised, I still don’t have any idea how to operate some things on my unit,No PDI sheet for me,Left my fresh water tank full and didn’t tell me, I drove 200 miles like this on rough roads,Just thankful that I still had my tank when I got home,It has been three weeks since I purchased my unit and still have not gotten the paperwork to register it, I could say a lot more but I think that the Jackson,Ms camping world needs to train their folks a little better.

Camping World - What could go wrong!!
I’ve attached some pictures. I would like to start by asking you if you remember when I would not pick up my camper if the roads weren’t dry? When you’re service department made the choice to transport my camper during snowy weather (wet salt covered roads) this is what happens. 1. Camper gets covered with road grime/salt. Resulting in camper needing washing and a pissed off customer. 2. Salt/ road grime gets on everything that is not protected like.. A. Wires = corroding =equipment not working =ing pissed of customer. B. Camper steps rusting to the point where they won’t work without extreme force =ing pissed off customer. C. Everything gets covered with road salt ie. Frame, stabilizer legs, landing leg, doors hinges, wiring and so on. =ing one very pissed off customer!!! 3. With the service requested to have things done/fixed and either they were not done or not done properly along the service department damaging my camper. A. Generator not fixed. B . Leaving screw hole in wall at the tv strap, sawdust was left on floor from that. C. Ask to have outside tv receptacles identified with labels. That was done with masking tape and a marker. D. Ask to have satellite dish mounted to the roof. never got done. C. Somehow service department managed to put *** in the outside of the camper. I have not heard back from you about fixing the problem with the wiring on the auxiliary fuel pump. I have fixed it on my own, also have secured the wiring harness that was left hanging. Remember that this camper is not even one year old. I hope you can understand the frustration with my camping world experience. Mark O

heard enough ,where and how do you find a normal dealer.i know a lot of them peronnally thru the years and sounds like repeats of what i,ve seen and heard. thank you bmcm

Bad quality

Camping World in Nashville, Tennessee - Warranty not covered

I bought a new 2018 pioneer band new in March did the walk through with someone who had no idea what he was doing he said everything worked. Went camping in it this past weekend for the 1st time and the refrigerator does not work. Called Michael who had no clue, Did a few things he said do. still nothing. Called back still they can’t tell me how to get it running. It would not run on gas or electric. Michael said it had to set for 24 hours to come on. Let it set for 48 hours still nothing. Called back Craig said it was something in the circuit board to call back Monday speak to his boss Neil to ok for a tech to come to the camp ground we’re the camper is. Well Neil world NEVER call me back he has his receptionist to call me. She said we had to bring it back in for repair. Well 1 st off we were told during purchasing that IF FOR ANY REASON WE HAVE A PROBLEM THEY WOULD COME TO THE CAMP GROUND AND FIX IT!!! She did nothing but give me the run around all day Monday called once asked what my last name was then called back to ask what my number was (the same number she just called me on).then was told to bring it to them and they would check it out. I told them that was not what was told to us when we purchased it plus I had to pay someone $300. To have it delivered to the camp site. I explained to her I paid $300. To have delivered I can’t afford to pay another $300. For someone to pick it up and them another $300 to have it delivered back to the river after it was fixed. Needless to say by the end of all this we basically was told it was our problem. This is a 2018 only 1 month old and they don’t want to keep there word. They were so rude to us it was unbelievable. DO NOT PURCHASE FROM THEM THEY WILL PROMISE YOU EVERYTHING EVEN IN WRITING AND STILL WILL NOT HONOR THERE WORD. I will never do business with them again.
Warranty issue

Camping World in Meridian, Idaho - Horrible just horrible

Update by user May 23, 2018

So it is now June and they still have not fixed the damage they did to the outside of my RV and have repeatedly blamed manufacturer for the delays. I know for a fact they sit on many of these claims for a month or longer before they even attempt to present them to the manufacturer for warranty.

I have caught them in this lie through their own emails on multiple occasions. On other occasions they claim they can't get authorization from the manufacture..

yet I handle it in a 10min phone call to the manufacturer. And I repeat THEY HAVE NOT FIXED THE DAMAGE THEY CAUSED TO THE SIDE OF MY RV!!

Original review posted by user Apr 23, 2018

CW Meridian. It is too bad you can't give negative stars because that is what they earned. I have owned 4 other RV's from other dealers and this by far is the worst experience ever. I left my RV (purchased from them) for warranty work in Oct and finally in Feb they had completed maybe 10% of the service asked for I finally go pick it up. Upon arrival I find the door lock is damaged and will not unlock and the door won't open. I also find the passenger side all scratched to &#&^. they have made no effort whatsoever to fix either of these conditions. Their technicians are also completely incompetent. So long story short it took 5 months for work that three other dealerships told me that I should have been in and out in 3-4 weeks. So to be clear.. in 5 months they replaced one propane pigtail and sealed a window. Does that sound responsible and competent to you? So 7 months later my RV still doesn't have the small warranty claims taken care of and is in worse condition than when it started due to the damage done to it while on their lot. I can not recommend strongly enough you take all of your RV shopping and service needs elsewhere, even if that means buying out of the state.
Review
Cons
  • Lies and poor consumer service
  • Incomplete diagnostic
  • Poor service poor management
Preferred solution
Full refund

Camping World in Hanover, Pennsylvania - NOT A PISSED CONSUMER!

4.5
Camping World has had a bad rap for some time both in terms of sales as well as service. That said, I can only speak of this specific location. I traded-in a Class C for a Class A and the sales rep was eager to make a sale, which he did. Scott Geasey was prompt, responsive and willing to listen to my specific needs and requests. He interacted with the General Manager, Robert Yeager, who is in my opinion, the epitome of customer service. Robert and Scott solidified a transaction that I think was fair. They included some extra features that made the transaction, a win-win situation. Six months later, I had some warranty work performed and Bob Ripley, Service Advisor, meticulously ensured that all of the work was completed in time. Most RV dealers are between a rock and a hard place when it comes to warranty. Bob Ripley and again, Robert Yeager, ensured that all of the work was covered under warranty. There was a rather difficult specific warranty issue and they had Jason, a senior technician with close to 15 years’ experiences with this dealer, complete the work. The work was completed and satisfaction was the end result. There was damage to a decal that was caused by me and when Bethany, working with the Service Team, saw that, she worked diligently and conscientiously to repair it at no cost to me. This could have been a rather expensive decal replacement if not for her desire and skill. A week after the work was completed, an unexpected additional warranty issue became apparent and a discussion was engendered among me, the manufacturer and the dealer. Camping World Hanover stood firm in providing customer-oriented concern and scheduled the repair work immediately. The store personnel are knowledgeable and one in particular, went to great lengths to demonstrate a foldable bicycle features and benefits. The General Manager, Robert Yeager is a hands-on, multifaceted and qualified person who treats his team like professionals and they in turn, treat their customers like a customer should be. They have turned this customer into a client! Next time, try a visit to THIS Camping World in Hanover, PA, and you will be surprised-in a good way.
Good customer service

Camping World in Meridian, Idaho - 6 Months + for warranty work to get done!

2.1

Update by user May 23, 2018

I arrive at Camping World and they get a few techs right out on it. Amazing how fast they are to work on things when it's an escalation issue.

Tech adjusts the trim so that it doesn't catch and does a pretty good job with the parts in the condition they were in. Says he will get Chris the service manager to order the seal to be replaced as the one I have is now shredded on the inside. *It's been a week and I have yet to hear from him so I doubt I'll be getting this replaced. Also now I notice the slide "Saggs" when it is out now.

I'm at my wit's end.

Lucky me that Forest River was able to extend my warranty by 6 months due to this issue but unlucky to me that Camping World is the only place within decent distance that does the warranty work. For now I guess I'll just use the RV in the condition it is in as I have some important trips planned.

Update by user May 23, 2018

RV has now been cleaned and here were the issues I had with the service Warranty work that they took 6 months+ to fix: 1. Kitchen counter seal coming loose.

Invoice says removed entire kitchen counter and replace! Yet the seal issue was never fixed. They brought it back to work on quickly when detailing it and did yet again another poor job. Seal came loose when I got home.

2. Fix outdoor speaker and back door lock which appears so far to be done well. 3. Main issue: Fix Slide Rubber Seal.

-They informed me that the entire slide needed removed for this repair. The seal had been replaced but I noticed an interior seal was now hanging and not attached. They had the service Foreman look at this work and he "quickly" fixed it. We moved the slide out and in and it was pretty jerky.

I don't remember it being that jerky in the past but it did go out and in. I took the trailer home and moved the slide out again and found that the rubber seal was now Pulling out with the slide! Tearing and coming loose. I also noticed the slide side rail was extremely scratched.

I looked at where the seal and the rail we're near and it was all catching on the trim. Shredded the metal! As though the slide was put in crooked. Also noticed they had not tightened the cable adjusters and so the cables again we're loose and poorly aligned with everything.

I moved in the slide and it was catching real bad and the entire slide made some loud bang noises. I called Chris back and he said to bring it in the next day and they would fix this in the parking lot!

I expressed that it would need parts ordered but he shrugged that off like it wasn't going to happen. See next review for what happens next.

Update by user May 23, 2018

Arrived at Camping World to pickup my Trailer and I noticed that they had it out front and we're anticipating my arrival. I was very excited until I walked over to my trailer.

Filthy and neglected is the best I could describe it! It was as though it had been off-roaded in the desert. Mud on the tires, dirt all over the outside and a huge tumbleweed under the axel. I felt lied to and was very concerned that the work was done in a professional manner considering it was being delivered to me in this fashion.

Chris was on-site and acted of surprise that the RV wasn't clean. We went into the RV and it was just as bad. Sawdust and dirt all over the floor, the leather seats and everywhere! Very unprofessional!

Chris did bring back the trailer right away to get it cleaned and they actually did a decent job but it was an extra hour that I wasn't planning on. See next review on how the service of the RV went.

Update by user May 23, 2018

After posting this original review did I finally get some action from Camping World. Chris the Service Manager called me to express his sincere apology and informed me that he was going to get my trailer fixed and correct parts ordered.

It took about a week and he was done with it. Chris was extremely excited that they had fixed the seal issue and the other issues I had reported and needless to say so was I! He expressed that he would inspect the work, detail and clean the RV and make sure I was completely satisfied. I gave him another few days to get this done and scheduled a time to pickup the RV.

You won't believe what happened the day of the pickup! See next review.

Original review posted by user Apr 23, 2018

I purchased an RV from camping world about 2 years ago and didn't have the best experience with getting service done on it. Very slow and the customer service was poor to say the least. Our family has grown and we decided last year to get a bigger RV from Mike Virden's RV instead of buying through Camping World due to the problems we had on our previous purchase. We then found that the 2nd RV that we had bought can only be serviced under warranty by Camping World. Very irritating. Needless to say now this RV has been at Camping World since October of 2017 and I have only been able to use it 1 time with my family. I'm now on my 3rd service advisor and again being told that the wrong part has been ordered for the RV (2nd time). I purchased the Trailer in April of 2017 and so once I get it back (IF I get it back) will it be out of warranty. This is very unacceptable considering I am a previous customer of Camping World and being treated this way. I will stay far far away from Camping World and any dealers of there products in the future. Lesson Learned!
Review
Pros
  • Location
Cons
  • Negligence
  • Work took an extremely long time
  • Work completed unsatisfactory
Tags
  • Camping World of Meridian Idaho

Camping World in Avondale, Arizona - No easy battery warranty replacement

2.0
I had purchased a new battery from Camping World, Avondale, AZ about a year ago. My RV has been idle for a couple of months and the battery would no longer hold a charge. No problem, the battery had a forty month full replacement guarantee. I took it to the Avondale store and was told it may qualify for replacement but Excide battery had to do the test so they could get a printout of some sort. It was Saturday so they could not do it until Monday but I wanted to leave Monday. They also wanted me to produce my purchase receipt which I had. They could not find the sale in their computer system. I took the battery, went down the street to Tractor Supply Store where they also sell Excide batteries. I told the clerk my situation and she told me to bring in my battery and they would simply exchange it for a new identical one...Tractor Supply, great customer service. Camping World, not so good..
Review
Cons
  • Poor customer service